What's new

Phase-I of F-Insas to be ready for induction by 2011

This is the only thing I really, really, really have been waiting for. And its 2011, and no rifle yet.:suicide:

All I see is some random schemes in events like AERO India and other events. I just want to see a new rifle.

i feel our locally produced Tavour can be replaced for INSAS ............

I think its time to induct assault rifle that use 7.62*51 mm NATO rounds due to increasing use of body armor by the armies.5.56 mm rounds just don't pack the punch against armored enemies at longer distance.
REGARDS....

I think its time to induct assault rifle that use 7.62*51 mm NATO rounds due to increasing use of body armor by the armies.5.56 mm rounds just don't pack the punch against armored enemies at longer distance.
REGARDS....

This has long been a major debating block amongst modern armies- the firepower of the 7.62mm vs the range and accuracy of the 5.56mm. It is a fact that most modern, Western armies now use 5.56mm as their standard round (including btw the IA, INSAS.) but work is being done, especially by US, to get the best of both worlds and as such the 6.8mm has been developed. Although I'm not sure if anyone, as yet, uses this in operations.

This has long been a major debating block amongst modern armies- the firepower of the 7.62mm vs the range and accuracy of the 5.56mm. It is a fact that most modern, Western armies now use 5.56mm as their standard round (including btw the IA, INSAS.) but work is being done, especially by US, to get the best of both worlds and as such the 6.8mm has been developed. Although I'm not sure if anyone, as yet, uses this in operations.

Yeah I know that despite the range and stopping power advantage the 7.62 mm nato rounds are very hard to control in full auto mode.That's why armies are now using 5.56 mm rounds in individual assault rifles.
REGARDS....

Any news on the 2 assault rifles that DRDO is developing for FINSAS ? If the 1st phase is to finish by 2012 then by now the rifle should atleast come out of the curtain. Is there any reports of delay on rifle project ?

Nope,no news buddy.Just blanck.I think they have learned to keep it secret until right time comes.
REGARDS....

Guys this is an old pic. Earlier i just thought it might a different gun but i have to ask...

fvdy6d.jpg

Can anybody tell me which gun is this ? It looks like corner-shot but the fellow standing next to the guy with the gun was in FINSAS program. Is it possible that this is one of the 2 assault rifles being developed by DRDO ? Anyone who went to defexpo can throw some light on this...

Guys this is an old pic. Earlier i just thought it might a different gun but i have to ask...

fvdy6d.jpg

Can anybody tell me which gun is this ? It looks like corner-shot but the fellow standing next to the guy with the gun was in FINSAS program. Is it possible that this is one of the 2 assault rifles being developed by DRDO ? Anyone who went to defexpo can throw some light on this...

This is no doubt a corner-shot,not a FINSAS rifle.A glimse of a model of the multi caliber rifle was shown only once in the FINSAS video in the hands of a dummy model.And that is the only model released so far.
REGARDS....

This is no doubt a corner-shot,not a FINSAS rifle.A glimse of a model of the multi caliber rifle was shown only once in the FINSAS video in the hands of a dummy model.And that is the only model released so far.
REGARDS....

This is not corner shot. it is different.

The top pic is not part of F-INSAS program, but just a private company displaying their own tech. The picture behind the MSMC is of F-INSAS rifle and program.

^^^ and that is CornerShot- it is not the main rifle of F-INSAS but there was news that IA especially SF were interested in a large order of this so maybe it will be introduced at the same time for certain units and tasks. ( note, nothing to do with NSG that has already placed and received orders for their CornerShots).

i'm guessing for the new F-INSAS rifle designed and developed by ARDE it will have a carbine variant for special forces :)

Back
Top Bottom