What's new

Pharmacy Graduate Gets 17 1/2 Years for Aid to Al-Qaeda

Peoples against this so called 'US discrimination' should hire a lawyer and fight against this islamophopic judgement, rather than brain farting in this thread.

And one small thing, its their land, their rules. Don't like it, then don't enter US in the first place.

Another small thing, don't talk like an id@@t, perhaps you are one. The guy was born there.

Before saying whether there has been an injustice, one would have to find out what exactly this person did, and what charges he was convicted for.

Folks should stay away from anything silly or dangerous.

Sometime back there was an Indian convicted of trying to sell missiles to some purported Al Qaeda guy who turned out to be an informant. Sometimes it is the informants who try to entrap people into crazy plots.

But, as noted above, the Tamil claims are substantiated by a rich linguistic and cultural history, quite apart from Sanskrit.

Not unique to Tamil. Other south Indian languages too have a rich linguistic & cultural history quite distinct from Sanskrit. Impossible to get a separation point. The fusion was slow & extremely gradual, more an assimilation than conquest. All South Indian languages to varying degrees have loan words from Sanskrit. Kannada which is only slightly less old as Tamil went on to become a parallel language given as much importance as Sanskrit during the height of the Rashtrakuta Empire (6th-10th century). Tamil's position is not particularly unique regardless of what some say, yeah it is old & has many a hoary myth woven around it but to somehow take it as a given that they are a completely distinct people is to go where evidence has not yet joined the party .

Hinduism is not a clear cut religion like some others i.e from a single source. The chance of a forced conquest or assimilation would simply not happen because it was not required. Even the Vedas that are so bandied about do not speak of themselves as being immutable. Later people did give it that honour while at the same time completely circumventing the vedas by coming up with different theories. The Gods are not necessarily Aryan, Shiva is probably a fine example. Later, Gods simply became irrelevant & then again became relevant at different points in time. There was no outright rejection of other philosophies since quite clearly there were some 64 different sects during the Buddha & the Mahavira's era. The most famous reformer Adi Shankara (Shankaracharya) was from Kerala in the South. The most famous(&most important) seat of the Shankaracharyas who are the high priests of Hinduism is in Sringeri in Karnataka. Not much of a conquest that, is it? Would be a bit like the most famous place worldwide for Muslims being somewhere in Pakistan/India. That is the difference between conquest(even if non-violent) & assimilation. In one, only the beliefs of the target population changes & no influence occurs on the parent population while in the other the contact touches everyone's belief over time.

U.S. District Judge George O’Toole imposed the sentence in Boston, where Mehanna was convicted by a jury in December. Prosecutors said he translated terrorist materials from Arabic into English, including a manual titled “39 Ways to Serve and Participate in Jihad.” ...

Prosecutors said Mehanna traveled to Yemen in 2004 to seek training as a terrorist in order to kill American soldiers. After failing to get the training, they said, he edited and translated recruitment materials for al-Qaeda, the organization that planned the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks in New York and Washington.

I don't think advocacy for violence is protected speech.

It's official. There is a Muslim exemption to the First Amendment. - On Liberty blog - Boston.com

See the link ... Muslims are discriminated and persecuted in the West but no one cares. Even media doesn't give a crap about it , most of the times. A black kid got shot and whole America went all gaga over it...but an Iraqi woman was murdered in her home most probably due to a hate crime (due to her Hijab) and media barely mentioned it...Most Americans don't even know that this event happened.

The term "Post-racism era in America" is not exactly true ... :usflag:

Wait a sec

firstly,you are quoting from an anarchist blog.I would like to see a more authentic source.Since Google is there for every one i myself am posting it.

Man gets 17½-year prison term in Massachusetts terror case - CNN.com

According to it your innocent brather sought training in Yemen to become a terrorist.Every government has a right to act pre-emptively for save of security of it's nationals.

Secondly, Before you people launch yourself into west bashing frenzy,do you people ever reason as to why only this one out of hundreds of thousands of muslim was picked.

Thirdly,Would you even be bothered if the terrorist was by some long odds, not a muslim.Are you people not showing a strain of racism in doing so.

Finally, On another thread regarding Kuwait and blasphemy ,i found a particular comment which would fit this situation.

Their country their rules. Deal with it.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...ulls-death-penalty-insulting-god-prophet.html

He also went to train for terrorism, and lied to federal authorities too. He has much to answer for.

Even if he disagreed with US policies, he crossed a line by trying to get training to kill US soldiers. That amounts to waging war against the state.

He could have certainly denounced US policies like Noam Chomsky, and he would have been ok.

Even if he disagreed with US policies, he crossed a line by trying to get training to kill US soldiers. That amounts to waging war against the state.

He could have certainly denounced US policies like Noam Chomsky, and he would have been ok.

Of course.

The First Amendment is alive and well.

Story from panchtantra, guys save this story as you can use it in future discussion.

once in a jungle a jackal lost his tail. other animals use to laugh at him, so he decided a revange. he start saying that without tail life is good. movement is easy and many other benefits.
other animal too fall into his lie and cut there tail.

sane goes to neo-converts. once they convert they forget there history. The multilevek marketting agent and religious preechers are same. you talk to both, you will feel same.

once i was aproched by a christian who tried to convert me. He didn't stand near my logic.

Said beautifully.

Multi level marketing was a fad like many cults. Will go away with time.

The solid unblemished truth will remain.

Again, no spoon-feeding. Tamils literature claims to span 10,000 years, long before the Vedas. They had a culture before the Vedas.

You really think you can hide the ignorance behind this claim of "no spoon-feeding"?

You think it is working and noone can see through it?

Tamils are some of the most devout Hindus in all of India. Their ancient traditions are fully a part of the religion.

It's good not to expose oneself on issues one has no friggin idea of.

Even the "no spoon feeding" clause doesn't work. To transparent! ;)

This is my first post here and I am appalled at the level of knowledge of this man here especially when he claims to speak for me (Tamizh)..:hitwall:

Most of the conquests are lost in antiquity and, as victors write history, have been eradicated. However, even in myth, we find kernels of truth. One story is that of Agastya killing the Rakshasa. Agastya came from the North and killed the wicked, nonbelieving Rakshasa and brought enlightenment to the land.

The Tamils have a somewhat different view of things.

I am a Tamizh. So stop talking for me as if you know everything and let me give you the true picture as there are a variety of interpretations of what you say.

Sage Agathiyar (not Agastya as you called ) was originally from the South who had gone to Kailash (Himalayas) to meditate to Lord Shiva and get his blessings. Noe the Vindhya mountains which traditionally separate North from South were growing too fast and as result the Sun was not able to move without circumambulating the mountain. The Sun god only circumambulates the Meru mountain and so to prevent Sun from circumambulating Vindhyas too Agathiyar was asked to move to south.

He asked the Vindhyas to stop growing till he returns back to the Himalayas to meditate and the Vindhyas agreed to it. But he permanently settled in south then as a trick to prevent the Vindhyas from growing ever again.

Again, no spoon-feeding. Tamils literature claims to span 10,000 years, long before the Vedas. They had a culture before the Vedas.

So ? Hinduism is not alone Vedas.

It's the problem with the Semitics who imagine every religion must have a finality, absolute quality like their religion. NO it is not. Vedas are just one part of Hinduism..Hinduism is an eclectic mix of various sub-cultures,practises but which all borrow from a common civilization.

Yes we had a culture before the Vedas. so what ? Still our works were replete with references to Shiva, Ganapathi, Parvati, Murugan (Skanda) who are widely followed Hindu gods of today.

Perhaps one could argue that Mahavishnu as a God might have some North Indian connotations. But that is the beauty of our religion. We worship both Shiva and Vishnu, though I would classify us as more of Shaivites.

Your basic assumption of Hinduism as one homogenous entity that had its Mecca somewhere is laughable and not even worth responding to. Learn something about what you talk.

Your basic assumption of Hinduism as one homogenous entity that had its Mecca somewhere is laughable and not even worth responding to.

This is something they are utterly incapable of understanding.

One can't really blame them as they come from that background. Just that they should not parade their ignorance as some sort of knowledge.

Notice that the early period of Hinduism is from the IVC and the upper Gangetic plains.

Wikipedia :hitwall:

Wikipedia must be banned from being used as a source for serious arguments. This is what happens when people are allowed to post Wiki links for substantiating their random thoughts,opinions.

Over time, as the rest of the subcontinent got conquered, local elements were infused. That does not change the fact that the belief system originated in the North and was "introduced" in the South.

Wrong.

What happened was cultural interchanges between two sub cultures and not conquests/assimilations.

That's only because the conquest was so absolute that you guys have lost memory of your pre-convert days.

Except the Tamils -- they seem to remember some of it.

Can you help us remember what we are supposed to remember ? Because even our earliest texts dating back to 3000 BC dont have references to that.

america promised to make case for raymond davis back home,nothing happened, the america physcopath who killed 16 afghanis is also not guilty...... just relieved off his duty

افشاں - ڈيجيٹل آؤٹ ريچ ٹيم – يو ايس اسٹيٹ ڈيپارٹمينٹ
یہ واضح ہے کہ آپ کو دونوں مقدموں کے بارے میں مغالطہ ہے، مہربانی کر کہ مجھے ریمنڈ ڈیوس اور سارجنٹ بیلز کے متعلق حقائق بتانے کی اجازت دیں
ریمنڈ ڈیوس:
ابتدا میں یہ مقدمہ پاکستانی علاقائی خود مختاری کا احترام رکھتے ہوۓ ملک کے قوانین اور روایات کو مدّ نظر رکھتے ہوۓ حل کیا گیا تھا اس مقدمے کی تحقیقات امریکی عدالت میں ابھی تک جاری ہیں۔
سارجنٹ بیلز:
جہاں تک افغان شہریوں کے قتل کی بات ہے، تو امریکی حکومت شہریوں کے قتل کو بہت سنجیدگي سے لیتی ہے اور اس امریکی فوجی کے خلاف قتل کا مقدمہ دائر کیا گیا ہے۔ اب یہ مقدمہ امریکی عدالت میں ہے۔
مندرجہ ذیل لنک پر آئ ایس اے ایف کا سرکاری بیان ہے:
امریکی افواج – افغانستان ریلیز 2012-03-CA-011: فوجی پر مجرمانہ الزام دہی
U.S. Forces - Afghanistan release 2012-03-CA-001: Soldier Faces Criminal Charges | ISAF - International Security Assistance Force

افشاں - ڈيجيٹل آؤٹ ريچ ٹيم – يو ايس اسٹيٹ ڈيپارٹمينٹ
digitaloutreach@state.gov
U.S. Department of State

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom