What's new

PEW research. Majority of population favours Sharia Law.

Patriot forever

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Highlights from the research. Especially important is Pakistan.

1631105848670.png

1631105881128.png

1631105904412.png

1631105949304.png

1631105972149.png

1631106032719.png

1631106952738.png

Although preferance for Sharia law existed for decades but normal people were never bothered by the current set of laws in Pakistan as their was harmony and tolerance in a society where moderate liberals, moderate religious people and devout religious segment in our society all go about their daily lives. Their religious values or their culture did not feel threatened. Condemnation of extremism/terrorism came from all segments of our society.

Now with the recent extreme push towards liberal extremism especially giving the very minute minority and their agendas more platform and voice especially in the grab of so called freedom of expression where as actively subduing/suffocating/denying the voice of majority by labelling anyone with even moderate religious views as backward, illiterate and extremist.
Actively mocking Islam teachings and its values.
Promoting indecency, infidelity, promiscuity, adultery, LGBT trends as fashion and anyone who who does not agree is called a mullah who is against right to work, right to education, freedom to choose who you marry as a tool to suppress criticism ( in fact Islam allows everything).

The constitution of our society is not very far off from Afghanistan. Same as a limited kabul circle, the most vocal in Afghanistan mistaken for voice of majority turned out to be a negligible minority on ground. Don't fool this over representation of certain sponsored agendas and western ideologies and promote destabilisation and extremism in our society.

Attachments

• 1631106900187.png
    1631106900187.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
If "Majority of population favours Sharia Law" then by all means they should have it.

Do you know about the Mayans who sacrificed people (by cutting their hearts out) to appease the gods for the benefit of the majority?

The majority also don't trust anyone to implement it effectively.

Also those 34% who think it needs to apply to non-Muslims need to be send to Chinese re-education centres.

I am sure that the due process to implement sharia can be figured out to ensure its effectiveness by the learned ulema and the people who support them, backed by the power of the State as already enshrined by law in Pakistan.
Do you know about the Mayans who sacrificed people (by cutting their hearts out) to appease the gods for the benefit of the majority?

Are the Mayans demanding sharia in Pakistan?

Last edited:
The majority also don't trust anyone to implement it effectively.

Also those 34% who think it needs to apply to non-Muslims need to be send to Chinese re-education centres.

Sharia law is very beautiful law but a society where corruption and lies/deception is widespread then we need to be careful with certain parts ie punishment etc. People always talk about bringing the Sharia law to the public but what about the corruption in military, establishment, government, judiciary, police and all state institutes, we should start there and slowly 50% + corruption will disappear. Sharia law is also about justice, peace, human rights, women rights, Children rights, animal rights, we need to work on that alot.

Sharia law is very beautiful law but a society where corruption and lies/deception is widespread then we need to be careful with certain parts ie punishment etc. People always talk about bringing the Sharia law to the public but what about the corruption in military, establishment, government, judiciary, police and all state institutes, we should start there and slowly 50% + corruption will disappear. Sharia law is also about justice, peace, human rights, women rights, Children rights, animal rights, we need to work on that alot.
I don't know much about Sharia Law but if Sharia law is what Taliban, ISIS, Saudi Arabia and Al Qaeda follows then such Sharia law should be thrown into the trash can.

But if Sharia law is like Malaysian and Dubai and Qatar model then muslim countries are free to follow them.

The point was that just because the majority wants something doesn't automatically mean its the "right" choice.

The point is that democracy defines majority rule and its processes while protecting the rights of minorities, as is already codified in Pakistani law. If a majority of people want sharia in Pakistan, they must have it according to due process.

Shariah guarantees the rights of minorities more than any other religion.
Infact I do not see any difference in what Shariah says and what they have today.

Do you have a particular query to narrow down your argument?

This survey is rigged. If you pay close attention to nation's with higher numbers towards being religious, you'd also see in some key areas (important for any religious community today) include implementing it onto masses, adultery, etc. The ratios suddenly go off. To be fair, if a Survey was to be done about Judaism or Christianity, we might see similar context on some important things that matter to every religious family man.

I don't think any religion should implement it's use on population that doesn't believe in it. That's not just and right.

I don't know much about Sharia Law but if Sharia law is what Taliban, ISIS, Saudi Arabia and Al Qaeda follows then such Sharia law should be thrown into the trash can.

But if Sharia law is like Malaysian and Dubai and Qatar model then muslim countries are free to follow them.
as if someone is asking a buddhist say on this? stay out of it!

Shariah guarantees the rights of minorities more than any other religion.
Infact I do not see any difference in what Shariah says and what they have today.

Do you have a particular query to narrow down your argument?

When did I say Sharia doesn't guarantee the rights of minorities? The argument above is that just because a majority wants something it should be done.
I am simply countering that point. Anything else I can spell out for you?

The point is that democracy defines majority rule and its processes while protecting the rights of minorities, as is already codified in Pakistani law. If a majority of people want sharia in Pakistan, they must have it according to due process.

Are you saying that by using a democratic idea they should remove democracy and instill Sharia law and justify it to the minorities by telling them it was instituted democratically?

Are you saying that by using a democratic idea they should remove democracy and instill Sharia law and justify it to the minorities that it was instituted democratically?

Are you saying that sharia is incompatible with democracy?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom