What's new

Petrol costlier by Rs 7.50; Oppn demands rollback

468332_306379216110774_113136055435092_653738_585109672_o.jpg

We already are facing power deficit, increase of electric vehicles will only add to that problem. Also we need resources to power up the power plants whether its coal, diesel or naphta.

Power situation has increased vastly ..
There are no power cuts in Gujarat and Western Maharasthra

There are many new projects going on which will reduce the power deficit in other Southern states too

The other option is buying Diesel , CNG vehicles .

An intresting SMS I got this morning..

" Good Morning petrol prices raised by Rs 7.50, Aur Karo Santa Banta ke jokes, dekha sardar ka revenge !"

Power situation has increased vastly ..
There are no power cuts in Gujarat and Western Maharasthra

Not for all states and even then if every house has an electric vehicle, need for electricity will skyrocket.

There are many new projects going on which will reduce the power deficit in other Southern states too

The other option is buying Diesel , CNG vehicles .

Diesel price is kept low in India due to cross subsidy. Its hightime that Govt brings about 2 types of pricing for diesel..one lower for trucks and taxis and another higher (non subsizied) for private diesel car owners.
Why should a petrol vehicle owner subsidize a diesel vehicle owner?

There are heavy taxes on Diesel cars ..
A diesel car normally costs 50k to 1 lakh more than the Petrol counterpart

Double pricing even if made would be very difficult to implement plus there would be many loopholes in it

In India, if they provide subsidized diesel for taxi and public transport/stage carriers and unregulated price for passenger cars and private owned vehicles, it may be tough to maintain as many will find a way to get subsidized diesel.

Imagine:
If You commuter in a motorcycle(like tvs apache,bajaj pulsar) averaging 30-35kmpl mileage for a 40kms distance, it will costs Rs80 ~approximately for the journey. (Petrol price 76/litre)

If You have a modern common rail engined diesel car(swift,vista) giving 20kmpl mileage, travelling 40kms distance, it will cost Rs 88. Diesel is Rs44.50/litre last I checked. considering diesel car will give more mileage than petrol car.

:D

There are heavy taxes on Diesel cars ..
A diesel car normally costs 50k to 1 lakh more than the Petrol counterpart

I don't know about the tax, but diesel engines are costly than petrol ones thus the higher cost..but thats not a reason for getting subsidized fuel. Why should a aam aadhmi riding a splendor subsidize a man riding a merc diesel.

Double pricing even if made would be very difficult to implement plus there would be many loopholes in it

Yes, there are loop holes but with the advent of technology one can get around it.

In India, if they provide subsidized diesel for taxi and public transport/stage carriers and unregulated price for passenger cars and private owned vehicles, it may be tough to maintain as many will find a way to get subsidized diesel.

Imagine:
If You commuter in a motorcycle(like tvs apache,bajaj pulsar) averaging 30-35kmpl mileage for a 40kms distance, it will costs Rs80 ~approximately for the journey. (Petrol price 76/litre)

If You have a modern common rail engined diesel car(swift,vista) giving 20kmpl mileage, travelling 40kms distance, it will cost Rs 88. Diesel is Rs44.50/litre last I checked. considering diesel car will give more mileage than petrol car.

:D

Dude why compare a petrol M/C with a Diesel car?

Dude why compare a petrol M/C with a Diesel car?

Showing the diesel benefit. Now, Diesel Car ownership is as cheap as owning a motorcycle or owning a motorcycle is as costly as owning a diesel car due to ever increasing petrol price. :P

Showing the diesel benefit. Now, Diesel Car ownership is as cheap as owning a motorcycle or owning a motorcycle is as costly as owning a diesel car due to ever increasing petrol price. :P

All thanks to the subsidy on diesel courtesy of the petrol wallah garibs. Thats all the more reason while its illogical subsidy should end.

deregulating diesel prices and giving subsidy to taxi/trucks/buses will be a tough thing to implement. heavily tax new diesel cars especially the luxury cars Audi,BMW,Merc etc.

Then, It is not alone in India that Diesel is getting popular. , European countries,India all have diesel car market growing. exception is America.
recently, Maruti Swift surpasses Alto in Sales. and I'm sure 9/10 of Swifts are Diesels.

deregulating diesel prices and giving subsidy to taxi/trucks/buses will be a tough thing to implement. heavily tax new diesel cars especially the luxury cars Audi,BMW,Merc etc.

Everbody is saying that, why not give it a try first.
As for taxing it heavily, the car lobby in this country is so strong that they will derail it.

Then, It is not alone in India that Diesel is getting popular. , European countries,India all have diesel car market growing. exception is America.
recently, Maruti Swift surpasses Alto in Sales. and I'm sure 9/10 of Swifts are Diesels.

Diesel is popular in India due to low fuel price.Period.

I think its a crime to be a middle class in India, your statement just adds to that belief. Even yesterday in the TV debate the govt representative said that he does not consider middle class as aam aadhmi.

So there are 2 options before a person in India, neglect everything be poor and wait for govt dole outs or go and loot the public and become rich as taking the honest path of studying hard and becoming a honest tax paying middle class has become a crime in India..no petrol, no LPG but face all the taxes in the world.

As for the rationale behind pricing of Petrol, explain why India is the only one concerned about depletion of oil and environment hazard. Why our neighbour's petrol rates are below us including Nepal who buys their entire stock from us. Why you are bashing middle class when thousands of crores are being given as tax breaks to corporates and even gold & diamonds. Rajiv Gandhi once famously said that for every rupee spent by the Govt only 15 paisa reaches the end users. Why are you silent on this issue? Crores are being siphoned off the various welfare schemes, but its the middle class that have to face the brunt without getting anything in return. So according to you the middle class should be for eternity be the cash cows for the Indian Govt with no voice for their own to the extent that they should not go out on their once in a week outing as some people needs food free of cost. What a logic Sirjee.

Oh...you are considering yourself as aam admi. Then that is good pinching.

Precisely because they don't have the large import basket as ours. Our economy is big, but its requirement is much bigger as compared to a country say Nepal, Pakistan, Srianka. You can not compare Singpore with India. Singapore would be as big as my Gram Panchayat or little bigger than that. If you have 120 crore people to manage, you have much bigger and different priorities. Nepal does not need to have a standing army as big as us. Srilanak does not need to feed the kind of population that we have. So. the comparison holds no water.

Oh...you are considering yourself as aam admi. Then that is good pinching.

Yes I consider myself an aam aadhmi and I don't need your certificate for that.

Precisely because they don't have the large import basket as ours. Our economy is big, but its requirement is much bigger as compared to a country say Nepal, Pakistan, Srianka. You can not compare Singpore with India. Singapore would be as big as my Gram Panchayat or little bigger than that. If you have 120 crore people to manage, you have much bigger and different priorities. Nepal does not need to have a standing army as big as us. Srilanak does not need to feed the kind of population that we have. So. the comparison holds no water.

So you will only compare Indian petrol prices with China..then again you fail as 90 octane petrol in China costs 1.17 dollar (around 66 rupees). Indian petrol prices are kept high bcs petrol bcs its used as a cash cow to fund govt programs and subsidize diesel. Also as its main consumers are middle class, they can keep on increasing it without any blowback.

Yes I consider myself an aam aadhmi and I don't need your certificate for that.

So you will only compare Indian petrol prices with China..then again you fail as 90 octane petrol in China costs 1.17 dollar (around 66 rupees). Indian petrol prices are kept high bcs petrol bcs its used as a cash cow to fund govt programs and subsidize diesel. Also as its main consumers are middle class, they can keep on increasing it without any blowback.

U gave the China price. Do you know what is the position of China in Hydrocarbon production capacity in comparison to India? You can not just pick up one factor and build our pricing around that. They are much better in position in the production of crude. Yeh...definitely.....I have pointed that in my last to last reply. Govt. has to find a source to fund govt. program. Money does not appear on trees.

U gave the China price. Do you know what is the position of China in Hydrocarbon production capacity in comparison to India? You can not just pick up one factor and build our pricing around that. They are much better in position in the production of crude. Yeh...definitely.....I have pointed that in my last to last reply. Govt. has to find a source to fund govt. program. Money does not appear on trees.

The govt has to stop giving tax exemptions for corporates, plug the holes in the welfare system, stop grains getting spoiled in FCI godowns, stop unwanted subsidies, kill off white elephants like Air India, decrease corruption and above all get their act together than treat petrol as their favorite cash cow.

This is the tax breakdown when the petrol was Rs 58.90 (Correct me if I am wrong)

Basic Price: Rs 28.93
Excise duty: Rs 14.35
Education Tax: Rs 0.43
Dealer commission: Rs 1.05
VAT: Rs 5.5
Crude Oil Custom duty: Rs 1.1
Petrol Custom: Rs 1.54
Transportation Charge: Rs 6.00
Total price: Rs 58.90

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back