What's new

Petrol costlier by Rs 7.50; Oppn demands rollback

Aur karo santa banta jokes.... dekha sardar ka revenge!!!

**Girls's wishes come true.... their dream man will come on a stallion!! All thanks to the petrol price hike! :p

Petrol pumps wll start playing p0rn movies at the gas stations so you can also see someone else getting fu(ked at the same time! EMPATHY :)

:rofl:
i wish this comes true would love to visit gas station more often......:woot:

Mannapuram Petrol Loan.

Deposit a can of petrol and take home cash":drag:

after share market, gold, govt. bonds, Petrol is the best commodity to invest (oh my god what have i done, told to others my secret to become a millionaire)

Tata Motors Mini CAT Air Car to debut in 2012 | Car Advice

Tata Motors and ex-Formula One engineer Guy N. from a Luxembourg MDI have come up with a car that runs on air. Dubbed the Tata Mini CAT, or Air Car, the environmentally-friendly car uses no petrol, requires little maintenance and has a range of around 300km between re-gassing. Tata hopes to have it on the market in India in 2012.

The way the Air Car is propelled is fairly straight forward. There are two tanks of compressed air which turn an almost-conventional piston motor and drive system. The system is said to propel the small van to a top speed of around 105km/h.

Tata says the Air Car stores enough compressed air to offer around 300km worth of motoring. Users will then be able to re-gas the car at certain filling stations that are equipped with special tanks of compressed air, in around three to four minutes for around $2. It will also come with its own generator pack which can be used at home capable of re-gassing the tanks in around four hours.

The vehicle itself is a six-seat mini van using two 340-litre carbon fibre gas tanks which are filled with air to 4350psi. It also uses a tubular chassis design with fibreglass panels that are glued together, helping to keep weight down.

All the accessories and in-car equipment are powered by a microprocessor. From the exhaust the only thing that is emitted is air, of around zero to minus 15 degrees in temperature.

Tata is aiming to release the Mini CAT Air Car in India next year with prices starting at around $12,700

Only way out of this mess :bounce:

As if 2004-09 was not enough for these corrupt thugs!!

A-raja got bail, loss to Gov was Billions of $$ in 2G scam!!

Aur do vote congress ko....:tup:

I'm taking an oath that i will never ever vote congress(angress) again .
Mere pocket money ki toh dhachiya hi udti jaa rahi hai .

The Cost Breakup

The Indian basket of Crude Oil is at about USD 100 today (NYMEX is at USD 90.32, Brent is at USD 107.4

Source: Energy & Oil Prices: Natural Gas, Electricity and Oil - Bloomberg

and Indian basket is usually at 5-7% discount to Brent).

At today’s exchange of Rs. 56 per USD (the worst ever!), this works out to Rs. 5600 per barrel, which is still 6% cheaper than the highest price of Rs. 5900 recorded in August 2008.

Lets us look closely at how this translates to cost per litre of petrol!

A barrel of Crude produces approx. 150 litres of Petrol or its equivalent. (This is a broad generalisation and depends on type of crude, efficiency of the refinery etc. but is a reasonably good estimate, based on expert inputs).

The total of all other costs involved in converting crude to Petrol – which includes transport of crude and refined products, cost of refining, reasonable refining margin for the refinery, fuel used by the refinery, dealer commission, etc. – is approx. USD 12, which works out to Rs. 672 per barrel.

Now, this totals up to a final cost of petrol, at your nearest petrol bunk, at Rs. 42 per litre!

YES, it is a little less than Rs 42 per litre, shorn of all taxes! [(5600+672)/150].

This morphs to Rs. 77 – 81 per litre, adding taxes at different levels under various heads – Basic Excise duty, Additional Duty, Special Additional duty, Cess, Additional Cess and lastly, the exorbitant State Sales Tax – adding up to Rs. 35-40 per litre of Petrol.
These are the taxes and duties that the Governments – both centre and state – happily splurge on populist policies with an aim of making every citizen a beggar of Govt. doles!:moil:

Production Costs +overheads + taxes + incompetence costs + corruption - subsidy = retail cost of petrol
Via twitter

Reducing cheap Iranian oil under US pressure might be the reason ...

Here I thought crude oil was getting cheaper :confused:
Maybe Manmohan Singh and Alhuwalia are holding the oil price graph the wrong way or the worst they ain't good at reading graphs at all :lol:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom