What's new

Peshawar Airport being renamed to Bacha Khan Airport

Jango

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
AUGUST 9 - According to PTV News, Federal Cabinet meeting scheduled for August 10 will consider renaming of Peshawar International Airport. The cabinet meeting will be chaired by Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani.

I think the meeting should also consider expanding and upgrading facilities at Peshawar Airport if it's not possible to build a new airport for the city at a new location.

In recent times, representatives of Awami National Party (ANP) which heads Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provincial government have demanded renaming Peshawar International Airport as ‘Bacha Khan International Airport’.

On August 22, 2008, then North-West Frontier Province - NWFP (now Khyber Pakhtunkhwa) provincial assembly passed a unanimous resolution urging the Federal Government to rename Peshawar International Airport as 'Bacha Khan International Airport'.

Three years ago, on June 20, 2008, Prime Minister Gilani approved renaming of 'Islamabad International Airport' as 'Benazir Bhutto International Airport'.

What a joke is this?, Bacha Khan was the same person who said that he be not buried in Pakistan. He was the same person who totally disagreed with the partition of British India , he was the same person who repeatedly contacted the Indian government to do something. He was again and again arrested by the authorities.

Seems like PPP treat everybody who has cut term in jail as a hero!!,,,this renaming thing is turning out to be a joke in the PPP government, first Zulfiqarabad, then BB airport, now this. WTF.

.................dont tell me!!! I mean first they fked up with Islamabad airport name... and now this creepy guy's name as Peshawar airport.....

.................dont tell me!!! I mean first they fked up with Islamabad airport name... and now this creepy guy's name as Peshawar airport.....

there is a chowk as well in his name, bacha khan chowk.

yeah, but that is alright, but having a airport after his name ?? if ANP had built a new airport and named it after this Bacha thing, it wouldnot be objectable... but this is purely unfair.... these ANP dudes fked up in Karachi, screwed Pakistan Railway, and naming our airport after a bacha.... WTF...

WTF why are we naming airports after traitors? We have an airport in Isloo named after that corrupt traitor benazir but atleast she was a Pakistani. This Bacha Khan ****** called Quaid e Azam and Muslim League dogs.

Nah............Its real name is charganoo chowk....... (Chicken squire if we translate it precisely in English)..... the poultry hub of the city!

And to me that squire suites them well

When are they changing Qadafi cricket stadium name?

When are they changing Qadafi cricket stadium name?

qaddafi stadium has now a legend to it, it is renowned and all, but why change it now, first zulfiqarabad, then BB airport,,,,my god!!

The sh!ttiest flyover in Karachi is named after this Bacha Khan clown as well. ANP were the ones who begged MQM to name it Bacha Khan. But its in the worst part of Karachi which is infested with refugees and illegal aliens.

This province thing was a drama as well, just do gain some votes, now this, also to gain votes from pashtoons, first ANP destroy railway, get KP, now this ****

i was raised knowing it simply as Peshawar International Airport....i dont know why these idiots always feel the need to change names of places.

and besides --- Bacha Khan was not exactly pro-Partition. So why bother to co-memorate him? He was a charismatic individual, but not somebody i'd waste too much time on.

i hope decision is reversed

The sh!ttiest flyover in Karachi is named after this Bacha Khan clown as well. ANP were the ones who begged MQM to name it Bacha Khan. But its in the worst part of Karachi which is infested with refugees.

are people in Karachi or local government doing anything to renovate it then?

or are people there just busy shooting eachother

It would have been better if ANP actually made an effort to fix and upgrade the airport instead wasting time on stupid things such as naming it.

I agree with Abu. He was against partition, was given the highest indian national award, asked the Indian government to repeatedly come and save the pushtoons, wanted not to be buried in Pakistan, so why????

Back
Top Bottom