What's new

Pervez Musharraf to return to politics

=dabong1;212509]It was not his turn to be COAS......simple.

Dabong, first decide what you mean to imply. This above contradicts your earlier staements "Mushy was the the most useless ruler pakistani has ever had.....a 3rd rate general who by pure luck and as*kissing got to the top.

There's a difference b/w "not his turn" and "a 3rd rated general".

Musharraf's qualifications have been posted above, which just prove your assertions WRONG!

And, YOU will decide whose turn it was to become COAS???? Over simple!

Dreamland...that whats your in.:cheesy:

This also proves that you have ZERO facts & figures to prove your theories, and you here to throw mere accusations. Something personal against Musharraf? :smokin:

It sure is dreamland .... as you are incapable of seeing .... how PPP threw away $29 billion in KSE market capitalization and are BEGGING for $7 billion.

A reminder for those that fail to see Musharraf's qualifications and the MERIT that PROMOTED him as COAS !

Generals in Pakistan are promoted on MERIT, EXPERIENCE, EXPOSURE and the MOST QUALIFIED after attending several courses - and not just age. :pakistan:

1- Musharraf was trained at NDC for armed forces war course (If you haven't done a war course at NDC you can't become a General. Full stop)

2- Musharraf had commanded regiments. He had also been posted as DDMO (deputy director military operations) at Military Operations Directorate.

3- Musharraf has stayed as Instructor at National Defence College (highest seat of learning of armed forces - rotated ONLY on merit)

4- Musharraf has stayed Commander of the Armored Division.

5- Musharraf has stayed as deputy military secretary at GHQ.

6- Musharraf has attended the prestigious one year war course at Royal College of Defence Studies at London.

7- Musharraf was the Director General of Military Operations (DGMO). Sensitive post only for BEST qualified.

8- Musharraf has stayed the Lt Gen and commanded ELITE STRIKE CORPS of Pakistan Army. Siginificant posting.

9- Musharraf was also a Commando (something which even Gen Ashfaq Kiyani isn't)

Musharraf was the BEST & most QUALIFIED man for COAS!

A reminder for those that fail to see Musharraf's qualifications and the MERIT that PROMOTED him as COAS !

Generals in Pakistan are promoted on MERIT, EXPERIENCE, EXPOSURE and the MOST QUALIFIED after attending several courses - and not just age. :pakistan:

1- Musharraf was trained at NDC for armed forces war course (If you haven't done a war course at NDC you can't become a General. Full stop)

2- Musharraf had commanded regiments. He had also been posted as DDMO (deputy director military operations) at Military Operations Directorate.

3- Musharraf has stayed as Instructor at National Defence College (highest seat of learning of armed forces - rotated ONLY on merit)

4- Musharraf has stayed Commander of the Armored Division.

5- Musharraf has stayed as deputy military secretary at GHQ.

6- Musharraf has attended the prestigious one year war course at Royal College of Defence Studies at London.

7- Musharraf was the Director General of Military Operations (DGMO). Sensitive post only for BEST qualified.

8- Musharraf has stayed the Lt Gen and commanded ELITE STRIKE CORPS of Pakistan Army. Siginificant posting.

9- Musharraf was also a Commando (something which even Gen Ashfaq Kiyani isn't)

Musharraf was the BEST & most QUALIFIED man for COAS!

great input,
but, what about the man who, back stabed musharaf, & now became a toy of asif zardari?
i guss, musharaf shahib , cant make a come back in pakistani politics due to , some of people , who he trusted very much but inthe last, these selfsighted people made him, a part of darkness?:hitwall:

great input,
but, what about the man who, back stabed musharaf, & now became a toy of asif zardari?
i guss, musharaf shahib , cant make a come back in pakistani politics due to , some of people , who he trusted very much but inthe last, these selfsighted people made him, a part of darkness?:hitwall:
Are you talking about Kiyani?:what:

With all due respect, you guys are upset that Gen Kiyani did not support Musharraf, amazing, just to remind you guys that Kiyani took oath to defend Pakistan and its constitution, not a dictator who had violated the constitution twice.

Guys as much as I appreciated Musharraf's attempts to help lift Pakistan, lets not drag Kiyani into this mess. Kiyai is doing the right thing by getting Army out of the damn politics and focusing on militancy. Army has to be focused in order to achieve its goals. What you see happening in Bajaur now points to Army regaining its footing and in my opinion this is happening because Army is no longer distracted.

Secondly, I think Kiyani and Army did a favor to Musharraf by requesting him to retire. It actually allowed somewhat of a graceful exit (it could have been better had Musharraf moved on earlier), but even then the Army watched out for him and allowed him a safe exit while ensuring his stay in Pakistan and his security.

Musharraf may or may not return to politics. The first thing he needs to do is to distance himself from any of his self-serving cronies who are maybe distorting his views about his own (Musharraf's) standing in the eyes of the public. I think Musharraf can be a good alternate but not now. I think he should wait for things to stabilize (economically and security wise) otherwise his opponents will use the problems facing the nation against him.

I would be fine if Musharraf decided to stay out of it altogether and just get on with his private life. Maybe its time for the newer generations beyond the Zardaris, Bhuttos, and Chaudhrys to run the country...(but then maybe I am being too optimistic).

Lastly, presently nobody becomes a CoAS without having the appropriate professional capabilities in place. True that in Pakistan, the job of the CoAS does have a lot of political implications, however most of the officers in the running for the job of CoAS have been put through the mill and after serving for 35 plus years come to the job. That is a lot of time and lot of experience. Most of the officers have been exposed to foreign training and ever since the inception of NDU (versus NDC), the understanding and grasp of the affairs of Geo-political nature is also much, much better. So anybody who becomes a CoAS now brings a whole set of abilities to the job suited for that job (that is the job of the CoAS and not the President of Pakistan mind you). Its only unfair to criticize Musharraf or Kiyani for what they have earned through merit. As you would agree, neither was connected in any way when they were appointed to the post of the CoAS.

Last edited:
I completely agree with Blain.I am glad that Kiyani did not intervene because there was a chance of Military vs Civil Clash.Kiyani is a professional solider :).I personally think Musharraf should not return to Politics.He is too good to be a ruler of Pakistan.Also let me add that Army still backs him.That is the reason behind is safe exit (We all know PMLN could try to humiliate him).Most of the top generals were present at his birthday and also had a dinner few weeks ago at his home (Kiyani was also there) so imo the current generation of top generals are in Pro-Musharraf and I personally think Musharraf should have left the post last year.

Last edited:
As a well wisher of Musharraf, I too think that its a mess to get involved in the politics of Pakistan. Musharraf is a decent person, and unfortunately there is no room for decency in Pakistani politics. Take a look at Imran Khan and Asghar Khan (both decent, well meaning folks in my opinion) and they are nowhere.

Guys as much as I appreciated Musharraf's attempts to help lift Pakistan, lets not drag Kiyani into this mess. Kiyai is doing the right thing by getting Army out of the damn politics and focusing on militancy. Army has to be focused in order to achieve its goals. What you see happening in Bajaur now points to Army regaining its footing and in my opinion this is happening because Army is no longer distracted.

Secondly, I think Kiyani and Army did a favor to Musharraf by requesting him to retire. It actually allowed somewhat of a graceful exit (it could have been better had Musharraf moved on earlier), but even then the Army watched out for him and allowed him a safe exit while ensuring his stay in Pakistan and his security.

Musharraf may or may not return to politics. The first thing he needs to do is to distance himself from any of his self-serving cronies who are maybe distorting his views about his own (Musharraf's) standing in the eyes of the public. I think Musharraf can be a good alternate but not now. I think he should wait for things to stabilize (economically and security wise) otherwise his opponents will use the problems facing the nation against him.

I would be fine if Musharraf decided to stay out of it altogether and just get on with his private life. Maybe its time for the newer generations beyond the Zardaris, Bhuttos, and Chaudhrys to run the country...(but then maybe I am being too optimistic).

Lastly, presently nobody becomes a CoAS without having the appropriate professional capabilities in place. True that in Pakistan, the job of the CoAS does have a lot of political implications, however most of the officers in the running for the job of CoAS have been put through the mill and after serving for 35 plus years come to the job. That is a lot of time and lot of experience. Most of the officers have been exposed to foreign training and ever since the inception of NDU (versus NDC), the understanding and grasp of the affairs of Geo-political nature is also much, much better. So anybody who becomes a CoAS now brings a whole set of abilities to the job suited for that job (that is the job of the CoAS and not the President of Pakistan mind you). Its only unfair to criticize Musharraf or Kiyani for what they have earned through merit. As you would agree, neither was connected in any way when they were appointed to the post of the CoAS.

Dear blain2; sir
with due rspect, who was BENAZIR's militry sectry, who was been called by his name by US sectry of state, who went with musharaf to meet BENAZIR in dubai, who gave the idea to put ppp back by a deal to counter growing unrest at that time by lawyers movment, above all who is the person , who become most powerfull man in pakistan!
i guss, only one name comes in mind, yes GEN , KIYANI sir!

FOUCSING on militry affairs, to stop insurgyency in tribal areas!
this is only, personal gromming nothing else, how can a man incharge of pakistan for the time of 9 years, not foucsed on the issue?
musharaf's presidentship, was not good for ppp, not good for gen kiyani, not good for usa, not good for the economy of pakistan!:lol::tsk:
and now, after musharaf, is all the efforts are help full to pakistan economicly, externaly, politicly, at the time of musharf , we were called the supporters of US, but now virtully we are the slaves of US, next comming most posible president of US , sadly calling shots to attacks pakistan, friends of pakistan ,including IMF not serious to help pakistan, cause they fear the croupt of croupts sitting in president house?
as a nation , we must face reality, not to think like! a clerk sitting in some govt office in pakistan, admiring the new boss, and chantting slogans against the going one!
we have to change all this, well i have no problum, having GEN kiyani as our COAS, i think at some point , he has to put his feet in musharaf's boots, sooner or later! its up to him!

Last edited:
Musharraf not interested in politics
Saturday, November 01, 2008

ISLAMABAD: The Chaudhrys of Gujrat held a meeting with ex-president Pervez Musharraf at the Army House in Rawalpindi with a view to removing misunderstanding when voices were raised within the party to change its leadership and install the former general to lead the party.

According to sources, PML-Q President Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain, Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi and Chaudhry Wajahat Hussain went to the Army House to discuss the political situation and intra-party manoeuvring with the former head of the state.

However, sources said during the meeting General (retd) Musharraf told the Chaudhrys in clear words that he was not interested in politics at this time. “The PML should keep unity in its ranks to face the challenges rather than indulging in confrontation with each other,” the sources quoted Musharraf as having said.

The ex-president, who is called the godfather of Q-League during his eight-year long rule, also offered to play his role in uniting the Q-League. Some close aides of Musharraf that held key ministries in the previous government of the Q-League are now challenging the leadership of the Chaudhrys of Gujrat by giving an impression that they have the full backing of Pervez Musharraf.

The sources said Musharraf also expressed his dismay over the bad economic situation of the country.Political observers termed the meeting significant at a time when the party was divided in four groups — one headed by the Chaudhrys, the other wants to install Pervez Musharraf as head of the Q-League, the third belonging to those who want to support the PPP and the last pressing for merger with the PML-N.

The sources said there was a clear perception in the minds of the Chaudhrys of Gujrat that one group of the party, led by Sumaira Malik, wanted to bring General (retd) Pervez Musharraf to head the Q-League by replacing them.

The sources said the Chaudhrys and their sympathisers are of the firm belief that Musharraf is behind the move to replace the Q-League leadership.The sources said in the meeting, the former president clarified that he did not intend to step into politics as he wanted to devote time to his family.

Though the former president expressed concern over the prevailing circumstances, but he was not disappointed over the future of the country.The sources said Pervez Musharraf told the PML leaders that he was busy reading books and playing tennis and bridge.:coffee:

However, when asked about the meeting, PML-Q Information Secretary Senator Tariq Azeem termed it only a social gathering. “It was more social than political,” he added.He said during the meeting, Musharraf inquired about the health of Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain, who recently returned home from a routine medical check-up abroad.

With all due respect, you guys are upset that Gen Kiyani did not support Musharraf, amazing, just to remind you guys that Kiyani took oath to defend Pakistan and its constitution, not a dictator who had violated the constitution twice.

Well said dear friend.............but with due respect and appology plz be assure that his understandings about 'oath' wudn't be like Gen.Yahya & Gen. Niazi....!:undecided:

Hope he may have real understandings and sense of Oath, and keep maintain the prestiage of the army with its decent & dedicated brave personals and Nation's soveirgnity and integrity.

Please be noted that, while international community especially Uk has urged US to not interven to violate the soveignity of pakistan by their regular attacks in Paistan terratories.....further a resolution has also passed by parliment of Pakistan to not allow any foreign force to attack on Pakistani territory, So when COAS will wake up to follow Oath to defend Pakistani territory and the 'Will' of Public shown by parliment?
When and how he will follow his 'Oath' as country's sovergnity damage on daily basis by US drones attackes in Pakistan's territory.........:tsk:
What happened during meeting held at US Vessel 'Abraham Lankin' 2 months ago........ even I had already pointed out the upcoming changes as expected, which was later proved right by the US special group attack on Pakistani land ......... (view my post under this title at forum). Is this some sort of comprising 'Oath' :what:

I really appreciate if he may honor his 'Oath' and try to pursue / defend the matters like "Restoration of judiciary" and cancel "NRO" (imposed by "Dictator" as you said) for the sake to constitution's integrity.

He has prove being a well-determined dedicated leadership by following 'Oath' (as you said) and as we assume, to defend Pakistan, its soveirgnity and integrity and the Constitution, and not a "Just Watch Dog" as (ex-premier Z.A Butto said).:eek: Otherwise nation including the army officers and soldiers will never forgive him for such neglegancy.:angry:

Musharraf not interested in politics
Saturday, November 01, 2008

ISLAMABAD: The Chaudhrys of Gujrat held a meeting with ex-president Pervez Musharraf at the Army House in Rawalpindi with a view to removing misunderstanding when voices were raised within the party to change its leadership and install the former general to lead the party.

According to sources, PML-Q President Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain, Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi and Chaudhry Wajahat Hussain went to the Army House to discuss the political situation and intra-party manoeuvring with the former head of the state.

However, sources said during the meeting General (retd) Musharraf told the Chaudhrys in clear words that he was not interested in politics at this time. “The PML should keep unity in its ranks to face the challenges rather than indulging in confrontation with each other,” the sources quoted Musharraf as having said.

The ex-president, who is called the godfather of Q-League during his eight-year long rule, also offered to play his role in uniting the Q-League. Some close aides of Musharraf that held key ministries in the previous government of the Q-League are now challenging the leadership of the Chaudhrys of Gujrat by giving an impression that they have the full backing of Pervez Musharraf.

The sources said Musharraf also expressed his dismay over the bad economic situation of the country.Political observers termed the meeting significant at a time when the party was divided in four groups — one headed by the Chaudhrys, the other wants to install Pervez Musharraf as head of the Q-League, the third belonging to those who want to support the PPP and the last pressing for merger with the PML-N.

The sources said there was a clear perception in the minds of the Chaudhrys of Gujrat that one group of the party, led by Sumaira Malik, wanted to bring General (retd) Pervez Musharraf to head the Q-League by replacing them.

The sources said the Chaudhrys and their sympathisers are of the firm belief that Musharraf is behind the move to replace the Q-League leadership.The sources said in the meeting, the former president clarified that he did not intend to step into politics as he wanted to devote time to his family.

Though the former president expressed concern over the prevailing circumstances, but he was not disappointed over the future of the country.The sources said Pervez Musharraf told the PML leaders that he was busy reading books and playing tennis and bridge.:coffee:

However, when asked about the meeting, PML-Q Information Secretary Senator Tariq Azeem termed it only a social gathering. “It was more social than political,” he added.He said during the meeting, Musharraf inquired about the health of Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain, who recently returned home from a routine medical check-up abroad.

I hope he come back as soon as possible which would be two years, I have total faith in Musharraf. The day he come back every problem will go away and people will trust him again as they did in 1998. He should wait for now and let PML n and PPP show their faces to public of Pakistan!:pakistan::police:

After what happened in PML-Q yesterday the CH's should quite politics...

Well said dear friend.............but with due respect and appology plz be assure that his understandings about 'oath' wudn't be like Gen.Yahya & Gen. Niazi....!:undecided:

Hope he may have real understandings and sense of Oath, and keep maintain the prestiage of the army with its decent & dedicated brave personals and Nation's soveirgnity and integrity.

Please be noted that, while international community especially Uk has urged US to not interven to violate the soveignity of pakistan by their regular attacks in Paistan terratories.....further a resolution has also passed by parliment of Pakistan to not allow any foreign force to attack on Pakistani territory, So when COAS will wake up to follow Oath to defend Pakistani territory and the 'Will' of Public shown by parliment?
When and how he will follow his 'Oath' as country's sovergnity damage on daily basis by US drones attackes in Pakistan's territory.........:tsk:
What happened during meeting held at US Vessel 'Abraham Lankin' 2 months ago........ even I had already pointed out the upcoming changes as expected, which was later proved right by the US special group attack on Pakistani land ......... (view my post under this title at forum). Is this some sort of comprising 'Oath' :what:

I really appreciate if he may honor his 'Oath' and try to pursue / defend the matters like "Restoration of judiciary" and cancel "NRO" (imposed by "Dictator" as you said) for the sake to constitution's integrity.

He has prove being a well-determined dedicated leadership by following 'Oath' (as you said) and as we assume, to defend Pakistan, its soveirgnity and integrity and the Constitution, and not a "Just Watch Dog" as (ex-premier Z.A Butto said).:eek: Otherwise nation including the army officers and soldiers will never forgive him for such neglegancy.:angry:

Good points dude, but you should remember that it is not General Kayani's job to worry about all this political non-sense. He is 'oathed' to do his job which is to follow the orders of the current civilian political leadership and that is exactly what he is doing. If you have a problem with the way the current government is running things (as do I) then you should refrain from blaming the Army or its leaders because things are out of their hands and even if General Kayani was to TRY and do something against the wishes of the present government then there will be a major crisis...government would put the blame of ALL their problems on the Army (as usual) and the Army will suffer and that is not something that the Army or the country can afford.

Back
Top Bottom