What's new

People Pakistan should be proud of

mautkimaut

Reaction score
I was reading economics when i came across Mahbub ul Haq.. I am amazed I never heard of him before..
So here is a contribution page for all the distinguished people coming from Pakistan..subcontinent should be proud of them

Mahbub ul Haq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mahbub-ul-Haq.jpg

I was reading economics when i came across Mahbub ul Haq.. I am amazed I never heard of him before..
So here is a contribution page for all the distinguished people coming from Pakistan..subcontinent should be proud of them

Mahbub ul Haq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mahbub-ul-Haq.jpg
There are lots of heros belongs from Karachi.. When I claim that there are many researches on going in Karachi's univerties then members start bashing me.. Well ! Ecnomics is a sector where we come too far along with engineering fields.. I'm hopeful for the better future of Pakistan.. Karachi is hub of Education and economics only because there is no sardar and Wadera Raj here..Thats why it is better then other area..

Yup

It is interesting how he understood the difference between economic growth and economic development.. More from Wiki

Mahbub ul Haq (Urdu: محبوب الحق ; (February 22, 1934 - July 16, 1998), PhD, was a Pakistani economist and professor of Micro-economics at the Karachi University who is well known to be the pioneer of Human development theory (HDP), and the founder of the Human Development Report (HDR). His works also opened new avenues to policy proposals for human development paradigms, such as the 20:20 Global Compact and the setting up of the UN Economic Security Council that became the inspirations for the establishment of United Nations Economic and Social Council.[1]

There are lots of heros belongs from Karachi.. When I claim that there are many researches on going in Karachi's univerties then members start bashing me.. Well ! Ecnomics is a sector where we come too far along with engineering fields.. I'm hopeful for the better future of Pakistan.. Karachi is hub of Education and economics only because there is no sardar and Wadera Raj here..Thats why it is better then other area..

But dear he studied from lahore and Uk .. i didnt get one thing do we have wadera system in other cities of pakistan too ?? :disagree:

But dear he studied from lahore and Uk .. i didnt get one thing do we have wadera system in other cities of pakistan too ?? :disagree:

All over.. Karachi is not safe from influential people(waderas,chaudhrys, Sardars,Khans.. Bhai's, Jernails) and their connections.
Neither is any city.
Just that Karachi has a somewhat balanced or rather distributed power hold..
whereas for cities like Lahore or Peshawar.. the hold is lopsided to whosoever is in power there.

any other notable persons in field of economics from Pakistan?

Agha Hasan Abedi also known as Agha Sahab (May 14, 1922, Lucknow, India – August 5, 1995, Karachi, Pakistan) was a banker and philanthropist who founded the Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI) in 1972. BCCI was at one point the seventh largest private bank in the world, but it collapsed in 1991 after regulators in the United States and the United Kingdom found it was involved in many illegal and fraudulent activities. Mr. Abedi underwent a heart transplant operation in 1988, and died of a heart attack later on August 5, 1995 in Karachi.

Back
Top Bottom