Status
Not open for further replies.

selvan33

Reaction score
Country
India
‘People must be made aware of India’s defence achievements’

K-V-Thomas.jpg

Union Minister of State for Food and Consumer Affairs K V Thomas said the nation’s achievements in defence research sector should be highlighted and that it was essential to create an awareness among the public on the growth in this sector.

He was inaugurating the valedictory session of ‘Suraksha-2013’, the three-day National Exhibition on Science and Technology Intervention jointly organised by Swadeshi Science Movement, Kerala; Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Naval Physical and Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL) here on Sunday.

“In order to showcase India’s feats to the people, the ‘defence exhibition on train’ will be used in various parts of the country. For this, a discussion with Defence Minister A K Antony will be held,” Thomas said. According to him, youth should be attracted to the defence sector for which Suraksha-2013 provided a good platform.

Thomas also appreciated the organisers for successfully conducting the expo.

S Anantha Narayanan, Director, NPOL, Kochi, presided over the function.

Narayanan said around 25,000 people visited the expo.

The event had brought together the defence industry, academia, researchers and the public.

The exhibition has created awareness among the public about the opportunities in defence research and development.

“We hope to come back in 2015 with a bigger exhibition in the city and with this Kochi will be a major centre in the field of defence research and development”, he said. T Mukundan, scientist, NPOL; N G K Pillai, secretary, Swadeshi Science Movement; Vivekananda Pai, secretary, Vijnana Bharati; Mohan Rao, DMRL; and E V Radhakrishnan, secretary-general, Suraksha-2013, also spoke.

The expo showcased the achievements of over 25 defence research laboratories and related industries.

Seminars, panel discussions, students’ interactions with scientists and painting and quiz competitions for students were also held in connection with the expo.
‘People must be made aware of India’s defence achievements’ | idrw.org

LOL :rofl: u made this thread to just make us Laugh!! ok then i am laughin HAHAHA! Happy now?? close it! n i'll also pray for ya that ALLAH aese achievement kisi ko na dy... AMEEN!

Reactions: AUz
:lol: :rofl:

yeah..defence achievements...like Tejas? :D Arjun(k) tank?

C'mon man...this is another thread that belongs to "failed threads" category...

LOL :rofl: u made this thread to just make us Laugh!! ok then i am laughin HAHAHA! Happy now?? close it! n i'll also pray for ya that ALLAH aese achievement kisi ko na dy... AMEEN!
:lol: :rofl:

quit trolling

------------------------------------

on topic : in my opinion India's naval ship building capacity should be appreciated, like Kolkata class destroyers etc , also the kaveri engine, irrespective of its short comings, the fact remains is that India has gained a'lot of valuable knowledge & information which will come handy to India's future jet engine project through the experience, know how, technological insight gained through the kaveri project, also the dhurv & LCH projects should be appreciated along with the Anti missile defence system

if we have achieved nothing ,then perhaps you guys have :P

Pakistani-Made-Helicopter.jpg

INDEED !!! A true marvel of cutting edge science and technology. Insha allha .. yuu hii barkaat hasil ho pakistan ko :P

quit trolling

on topic : in my opinion India's naval ship building capacity should be appreciated, like Kolkata class destroyers etc , also the kaveri engine, irrespective of its short comings, the fact remains is that India has gained a'lot of valuable knowledge & information which will come handy to India's future jet engine project through the experience, know how, technological insight gained through the kaveri project, also the dhurv & LCH projects should be appreciated along with the Anti missile defence system

I wish there are more forummers like you on both sides of the border who could appreciate each others' achievements than resort to orgasmic trolling festivals.

If you take out Hal tejas from the equation then strictly speaking Indians have dome a marvellous job with the production of Agni 6 , mastery in heli department , a beast in arjun tanks , nirbhay , akash , brahmos missiles , desi naval capacity etc
Except the tejas department , which I am sure will be in IAf colours , the defence industries have achieved a lot in the recent past in such a SHORT span of TIME beginning with zero knowledge about the particular project . Jai Hind

quit trolling

Its always nice to read ur posts @genmirajborgza786 :tup:

I would like to add a bit more to ur post. Kaveri engine definitely did helped India a lot in engine development field although it was not able to meet its goal of powering Tejas but its has found many other avenues like its Kaveri's naval version(KMGT) is already powering INS Rajput n IN has expressed a demand for 40 KMGTs over the next 15 years.

A locomotive version of Kaveri is also under development n not to forget it'll also be powering our future UCAV Aura.

Besides India has also been able to develop its own AWAC system, Nuclear Sub, ICBM n a lot more....:)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rocky rock @AUz you don't know the length and breadth of the Indian Defence industry.

actually the helicopter better then i thot, the developpers seem pretty humble, unlike you indians trying to make the people aware of your russian tech.

Not needed, get something to boast about first then drum it around, most big ticket items are getting delayed - and the defense industry is no where in comparision to the US, Russia, France and Israel. Even China with its copy paste and steal technology is called a "Defense Supplier" nowadays.

It would be better if we start tomtoming after reaching a certain level.

LOL..u made this thread to just make us Laugh!! ok then i am laughin HAHAHA! Happy now?? close it! n i'll also pray for ya that ALLAH aese achievement kisi ko na dy... AMEEN!

Come and bark when your country can design and build stuff like these...

AI2011_LCH-9902.jpg

DSC_3186-757193.jpg

drdoaewcs.jpg

DSC_1875-763665.jpg

de41d9e52af7.jpg

actually the helicopter better then i thot, the developpers seem pretty humble, unlike you indians trying to make the people aware of your russian tech.

First, its is not a helicopter, its a Gyrocopter. & a Gyrocopter doesn't requires a complex transmission system like a helicopter
--------------------------------------------
If you say yours is better than

AIR_ALH_Dhruv_Shakti_Engines_Armed_lg.jpg

&

lch.jpg

then i'm helpless. You must better consult a doctor :D
-------------------------------------------------------
Also, calling everything Russian is an old Pakistani trick, to hide your inefficiency & i don't thing that it will work every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom