What's new

People, Culture & Festive Events of your country

I dont know whether she uses contact lense in her eyes or not, some Indonesian young female uses blue contact lense which is so ridiculous to me
Thats a contact lens.
Speak about genetic, Arabs and Palestine doesnt have natural blue eyes, they are more brownish. Turkish Ottoman people have blue eyes mostly because their married with European wives as the result of military conquest and slavery. Many Ottoman Emperors have Germanic bloodline from mother side. Asian ethnic with natural blue eyes found in Central Asia from Afghanistan, some part of Iran and up north (Uzbek, Kazakh etc). Back to Lanmo people in Aceh i think its a result of inter-marriage with men from Ottoman empire and Portuguese merchants and colonists. Both Empires have their trading post / fort in Aceh during colonial era and the men assigned to these outpost definitely they didnt bring their wives to Aceh.

Obon Odori Festival in Japan

Obon is one of the most important Japanese traditions. People believe that their ancestors' spirits come back to their homes to be reunited with their family during Obon and pray for the spirits. For the reason, Obon is an important family gathering time, and many people return to their hometowns.

Obon was originally celebrated around the 15th day of the seventh month in the lunar calendar. Obon periods are nowadays different in various regions of Japan. In most regions, Obon is celebrated around August 15, and it typically begins 13th and ends 16th of August. In some areas in Tokyo, Obon is celebrated around July 15, and it is still celebrated on the 15th day of the seventh month in the lunar calendar in many areas in Okinawa.

Japanese people clean their houses and place a variety of food offerings such as vegetables and fruits to the spirits of ancestors in front of a butsudan (Buddhist altar). Chochin lanterns and arrangements of flower are usually placed by the butsudan.

On the first day of Obon, chochin lanterns are lit inside houses, and people go to their family's grave to call their ancestors' spirits back home. It's called mukae-bon. In some regions, fires called mukae-bi are lit at the entrances of houses to guide the spirits. On the last day, people bring the ancestor's spirits back to the grave, hanging chochin painted with the family crest to guide the spirits. It's called okuri-bon. In some regions, fires called okuri-bi are lit at entrances of houses to send the ancestors' spirits. During Obon, the smell of senko incense fills Japanese houses and cemeteries.

Toro nagashi (floating lanterns) is a tradition often observed during Obon. People send off their ancestors' spirits with the lanterns, lit by a candle inside and floated down a river to the ocean.

-------------------

hanawa_bayashi_festival_.jpg

201272965533845.jpg

obon-day-japan-family-festival-06.jpg

15-odon-buddhist-festival-670.jpg

obon2010+082.JPG

20111216155919.jpg

Awaji-shima-11.jpg

japaneseculture-hakamairi.jpg

1394563676000-477409799-10.jpg

Its very interesting my friend, i like to ask you one question, is there any traditional festive in Japan with foreign influences? i mean Japan is isolated for centuries but i know in ancient times, Chinese have influences in Japanese tradition and Portuguese once have their missionary outpost in Japan. Do they leave some traces in todays Japanese tradition?

Last edited:
lets relax for awhile and enjoy this Monday night with Maliq & d'essentials, indonesian pop-jazz band.

Back
Top Bottom