What's new

Pentagon tracking suspected Chinese spy balloon over the US

are you really that thick?

why would you put solar panel if your balloon is unpowered? Are you telling me they have a lightbulb inside that balloon they want to light? And if so, why you need 20 or more panel?? It's unpowered and no electronic on that as you claim, then why it has more solar panel then my home?

My home is on a 2000W system, it only has 8 panels
You are the thick one. When I say unpowered I mean propulsion. Tell me, how does solar panels navigate a balloon? You see any propellers on it? I sure don't

No one has confirmed whether this is a manned platform.

If it is flying above airliner traffic then that is easily 45,000 feet plus (15000 metres plus) altitude. If it is a manned platform, they'd need oxygen and and pressurization device. What are the solar panels powering?

You are the thick one. When I say unpowered I mean propulsion. Tell me, how does solar panels navigate a balloon? You see any propellers on it? I sure don't
Dude, did I say anything about navigation??

Please refer to my post and tell me where do I mention "Navigation"

are you really that thick?

why would you put solar panel if your balloon is unpowered? Are you telling me they have a lightbulb inside that balloon they want to light? And if so, why you need 20 or more panel?? It's unpowered and no electronic on that as you claim, then why it has more solar panel then my home?

My home is on a 2000W system, it only has 8 panels

El;ectricity onboard only used for 2 things. Propulsion (engine/thruster/nav equipment) or any Electronic onboard.

Since you say this balloon is unpowered, AND I AGREED, then electricity would only be used to power electronic onboard.

Hence I asked , as with the poster come up next to me, ask the same question

No one has confirmed whether this is a manned platform.

If it is flying above airliner traffic then that is easily 45,000 feet plus (15000 metres plus) altitude. If it is a manned platform, they'd need oxygen and and pressurization device. What are the solar panels powering?

If this balloon is unmanned and unpowered, WHAT ARE THE SOLAR PANEL FOR?

Jesus, read English before trying to insult someone, it make you look estupido

well how do you know it's Chinese? I mean anything that floats could have a good chance to end up in the US airspace riding the prevailing westerlies

well how do you know it's Chinese? I mean anything that floats could have a good chance to end up in the US airspace riding the prevailing westerlies
Um they tracked it back to China. Unless it was some foreign company in China that decided to launch it from China. Then yeah it wouldn't be Chinese origin.

probably just some amateur highschool project. US reaction is funny
If it was flying over China vice versa, you be declaring war and firing hundreds of missiles at it.

Um they tracked it back to China. Unless it was some foreign company in China that decided to launch it from China. Then yeah it wouldn't be Chinese origin.

If it was flying over China vice versa, you be declaring war and firing hundreds of missiles at it.
No way China would declare war over some stupid balloon. Probably just shoot it down without all the media fuss.

Remember Chemtrail over the sky of California, back in Obama 1?

Resp sir,
There's a difference between the Chinese and the Pakistanis, mostly prominently the flag and the geographic location of each country. Their hearts may be one but the similarities do end there.

I understand your bonds of friendship are unmatched in history but for some reason you're conflating others success with your own.

Nothing wrong in it, why it was only yesterday that our entire country was celebrating the fifa world cup win. It didn't matter than our team was no where near in the competition, their win was our win and many celebrated as if christmas came early, we now know finally whats it like to win a world cup and we wont let our filthy neighbors forget that they are now speaking with world cup champions.

We call such interesting display of fraternity with the adage 'Shah se zyada Shah ka wafadar'

Very true, Pakistanis have more in common with indians than Chinese.

45C93C8F-9186-414E-9C63-4EC1103F8983.jpeg

You gather information, put together the pieces, assess possibilities. Next steps you exclude the impossibilities, what remains are options. One of them is the case. Your case.
How does the pentagon know it’s chinese? because they can trace back to China. the balloon flies 60,000 ft in a predictable path and it’s maneuverable.

Well, I can't believe the Chinese is still doing it. I mean they had done it since 2000s when I was in intelligence, and they are still using Balloon 20 odd years later??

I hope this is for atmospheric information gathering, otherwise it would be too much of a shame to do SIGINT on it, I mean we stop using them since 1950s except for weather balloons.
My respect to the Chinese
They dare to violate the US airspace.

You gather information, put together the pieces, assess possibilities. Next steps you exclude the impossibilities, what remains are options. One of them is the case. Your case.
How does the pentagon know it’s chinese? because they can trace back to China. the balloon flies 60,000 ft in a predictable path and it’s maneuverable.
Ok if the balloon is maneuverable how do you predict its path? are you saying they are monitoring every flying object in the entire world? with update every few minutes?

But I guess it doesn't matter now, apparently China wanted the pentagon to know it's Chinese. :laugh:

Ok if the balloon is maneuverable how do you predict its path? are you saying they are monitoring every flying object in the entire world? with update every few minutes?

But I guess it doesn't matter now, apparently China wanted the pentagon to know it's Chinese. :laugh:
The fly path is predictable because this spy balloon collects information on the ground. Not random grounds but specific areas on the grounds. For this to happen the balloon must have some sorts of propulsion and guidance system. Also, this balloon has observation devices. Very rare objects fly 60,000 ft. Not good if you thinking people are stupid.

The fly path is predictable because this spy balloon collects information on the ground. Not random grounds but specific areas on the grounds. For this to happen the balloon must have some sorts of propulsion and guidance system. Also, this balloon has observation devices. Very rare objects fly 60,000 ft. Not good if you thinking people are stupid.
it's not a spy balloon, I think it's more like a feasibility demonstration of weaponized balloons. We used to have such feasibility study around early 2010s that aim to dump nasty things onto Japan with westerlies-riding balloons during war time, the technology must be pretty matured by now.

For example a balloon that carries radioactive waste only cost like 0.01% of an ICBM + nuclear warhead, but basically does a same job.

My respect to the Chinese
They dare to violate the US airspace.
Nah, they did this all the time, we also do that, Russia do that, it's just the matter of whether or not you get caught, and whether or not the government publish such report. Which I found that odd they did it now when the Chinese has been doing this since at least 2000.

As I said before, these intrusion would become international incident ONLY if they were detected, and most of the time the government will let them pass by in order to maintain the integrity of their intelligence (They know but you think you get the goods so you won't do anything like changing its course or attempting another way to penetrate) which mean DoD is talking about it is strange.

it's not a spy balloon, I think it's more like a feasibility demonstration of weaponized balloons. We used to have such feasibility study around early 2010s that aim to dump nasty things onto Japan with westerlies-riding balloons during war time, the technology must be pretty matured by now.

For example a balloon that carries radioactive waste only cost like 0.01% of an ICBM + nuclear warhead, but basically does a same job.
You can't weaponize balloon...It's not the same thing you have a missile travelling down March 2-5 from 100,000 AGL and a balloon that flow from 60,000 ft and slowly float to wherever you want to attack. It's like you are trying to ride a bike to bomb your target...

I mean, there are nothing stopping anyone to do that, China can of course do that, again, there are no point of such a thing.

Back
Top Bottom