Pentagon report: Indian Navy's new submarine hunter is ineffective

A = America I = India
Well, we use same version USN use

Not true.
Any differences between P8-A and P8-I ?
The P-8I has the APY/10 radar and a MAD along with:

P-8I-1.jpg

That are India-speciifc.

I seriously doubt the credibility of this report though A) it is not an official report but has bee "leaked".

B) there's no way the USN and IN would accept an ineffective platform like tis and be paying some $200mn apiece (as the IN is) for them.

From Wikipedia, P8-I is a " a customized export variant of the P-8A," export variant is the code word for down grade in newest US platforms. Trust me, US never, ever sell its latest hardware without downgrade it. You should be smart enough to know this.
BS, utter BS. The P-8Is are MORE capable if anything than their -A sisters. They have a more capable APY/10 radar with a2a search and track capability that gives the -I complete 360" coverage not to mention a MAD and costs MORE per unit than the -As as a result. All stuff the US removed such as comns equipment and such because India refused to sign certain deals has been replaced by Indian origin equipment up to the same mark.

And trust me, I've sources that told me otherwise. Sources that are more intimate about weapons export here in the states. US would not sell India the latest hardware if it just come out. Trust me on that one.

LOL. You stick with your source and I will stick with mine. :angel:

Any differences between P8-A and P8-I ?

Yes, our version is upgraded with additional systems exactly where the report is criticising the US version!

that the P-8A “is not effective for the intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance mission and is not effective for wide area anti-submarine search”...

The P8I has added multi mode radar and the MAD that is not added to the US version, to increase it's detection capabilities, be it against surface targets or submerged. The US navy however has different requirements and tactics, for the surveillance they plan with joint operations of the P8 with wither naval HALE drones, or small version, that can even be launched by the P8A. For the sub hunting, they also don't think that the 737 is a good platform for low level flights, which makes the MAD not important for them, again a field where smaller UAVs might be used. That's why they want to use sonobuoys to detect subs and use special wingkits for the torpedos, to remain at high altitudes.

So the report basically says, IN did the right thing to choose more capabilities, although I have my doubts about the usefulness of the 737 at low altitudes too. One reason I hope for a prop engined MRMR aircrafts, which is better suited for that.

And trust me, I've sources that told me otherwise. Sources that are more intimate about weapons export here in the states. US would not sell India the latest hardware if it just come out. Trust me on that one.

Trust is something to be earned, not demanded. Being a serial troll, you have zero trust and credibility on the forum, so if you want to be taken seriously, you will have to furnish links for your claims. In this case you are just plain wrong. P-8I has better and more sensors than the US version, because the US has a constellation of satellites and UAVs that we don't to do some of the patrol and reconnaisance work.

@Manvantaratruti : What air scan capability does the P-8I have? Can it function as a low end AEWACS?

There is a trilateral naval exercise involving India, US and Japan shortly. They will study each others systems and iron out all issues within 12 months. Stop salivating you Chinese bots. It was not more than 3 months back when an IN officer smirked and said how the Kamovs and P8-I are pinging Chinese metal drums at will. One even did a temporary missile lock that should have scared the PLAN officer shitless. Please dont ask me for source. If you think armed fores around the world are not doing this , you're a caveman.

A = America I = India :D

Well, we use same version USN use

No.

US never sells some equipment in its weapons and I am sure that P-8 I does not have some sensors and euipemnt present in P-8 A. Plus we didn't sign CISOMA.

No.

US never sells some equipment in its weapons and I am sure that P-8 I does not have some sensors and euipemnt present in P-8 A. Plus we didn't sign CISOMA.

But the communication eqpt we did not receive because of non signing of CISMOA, were instead supplied by BEL and other Indian companies.

The AN/APY-10 forward radar has a 240 degree coverage. IN has also asked for a rearward looking radar too. However it is not designed to play the role of an AEWACS.

The American version also has the same radar, does it not?

No.

Thanks for showing the obvious common sense that your countryman trying to avoid. Lets put it this way, this is a brand new system, would any country, not just the US, sell its most advanced version to someone else. Especially US have not fully inducted this system yet?

Back
Top Bottom