What's new

Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US Army on Battlefield

Hasbara Buster

Reaction score
Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US Army on Battlefield

Despite the size of its military budget, the US Army isn’t as strong as one might think it is and it would certainly lose to the Russian Army in a direct confrontation on a battlefield, retired US Army Colonel Douglas Macgregor said, according to Politico Magazine.

The deployment of the US Army 2nd Cavalry Regiment from Germany to Hungary that was intended to scare Russia was a joke and it wouldn't help in a real-life fighting scenario, said Macgregor, who also holds a Ph.D. in international relations from the US Military Academy at West Point.

"This Stryker parade [the line of US military vehicles that drove from Germany to Hungary] won't fool anyone in Moscow," Macgregor said, adding that perhaps the Russians may not know how to do certain things well, but when it comes to fighting wars they're second to none.

Macgregor is a famous US war hero whose squadron destroyed an entire Iraqi Armored Brigade in 23 minutes, while suffering only one casualty, at the Battle of 73 Easting, a decisive tank fight during the Gulf War.

Later, reflecting on his famous victory, Macgregor said that if his military unit came to a face-to-face confrontation not with poorly-trained Iraqi soldiers, but with the Russians, his army would have been defeated.

"Defeated isn't the right word, the right word is annihilated," Macgregor told US military expert Mark Perry, according to Politico.

During his presentation at the US Congress in November of 2013, Macgregor compared the state of the US Army to a nine-passenger rowboat, in which "four would steer, three would call cadence and two would man the oars," according to Politico.

In other words, Macgregor said that the US Army is poorly organized or not well-trained, and if it had to face another army, equal in numbers and as technologically advanced, such the Russian or Chinese forces, on a conventional battlefield there is a high chance that US forces would be destroyed.

"Even if you increased the Army to 600,000 in its current form… it would still fail. That's the problem and, by the way, the Army knows it," the US military expert said, as cited by Politico.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20151105/1029644333/us-army-will-be-defeated-by-russia-douglas-macgregor.html#ixzz3qfBjmeKr

It depends on where. If the battlefield is in Russia, then Russians would fight tooth and nail for every house, every street, and it would be pain in the arse for US army to fight in Russia.

has this expert ever been to Russia and visited a regular division/battalion??

are they super soldiers with the latest hi-tech weapons?? no, lol?

i had no idea that Russia has the ability to send 100,000 soldiers and equipment thousands of kilometers from the motherland. how exactly could they destroy the U.S military if it doesn't have the logistics to support a major war.

:

i had no idea that Russia has the ability to send 100,000 soldiers and equipment thousands of kilometers from the motherland. how exactly could they destroy the U.S military if it doesn't have the logistics to support a major war.

Look at his source :lol: It's the sisterhood of the travelling tinfoil hats.

Meanwhile in his country, this(values) is what he's been raised up with. :(

Last edited:
Fear mongering from the pentagon to keep funding at a high. If nuclear weapons didn't exist, Russia (as an independent nation) would have ceased to exist quite a long time ago.

The US military might could crush the Russians without even using half of it's total assets.

I think he is referring to US soldiers fighting face to face with Russians. Which is/was a possibility in Europe.

To be fair, the US military isn't without its own problem. The problem mostly is the training standard.

National Guardsmen and Reservist are expected to perform the same standard as in any regular soldier would, but given they only trained about 2 or 3 days a week for reservist and even less when you are a guardsmen, it just won't cut it. Even with 30 days deployment and mobilization period, they can't be expected the same quality for us regular joe.

And given the Army only have about 550,000 regular soldier (10 divisions and 4 independent brigade and assorted special force, special troop, theatre support troop and so on) They are the backbone of the Army, and while they were supported by another 15 Brigade of Reservist and 6 Army NG Division. Roughly equal to 10 Divisions of soldier.

The Army tried to solve the problem by mixing RA with Reservist and Guardsmen, while the reservist are usually train in theatre support (such as civil affair and logistic) but today battlefield would have involve those support troop to actually fight on the front line, which for numerous occasion, I have a few reservist 88M tag along and fight with us because they are the one that brought us in theatre. And mostly depends on their training and how to react to gun fire. Some are Okay, but some are just outright bad.........

But still, would it be annihilated by the Russian? Well, look at how they fight in Ukraine, I would bet every dollar in my account that we would be fine...

lol, sure. If ENTIRE Russian Army launches a war on few thousand American troops in Europe---sure, they'll be decimated eventually.

But if entire U.S Army face entire Russian Army---the later would be decimated within 2 months max.

Napoleon failed to conquer Russia. Hitler failed to conquer Russia. I don't think America can conquer Russia. Russians are true Vikings. They are fearsome warriors.

Napoleon failed to conquer Russia. Hitler failed to conquer Russia. I don't think America can conquer Russia. Russians are true Vikings. They are fearsome warriors.

Why conquer any country when one can control its economy without firing a shot?

Poor america, even their own military expert admits how weak and pathetic their army is.

Isn't the Russian military mainly a bunch of conscripts that only serve for a year?

Back
Top Bottom