What's new

The Swat Negotiations

It is only a matter of time when US drones will fire missiles in Sawat and the truce will be over. It has always happened whenever GoP went into some kind of peace deal with Taliban, US has sabotaged it. It is going to happen this time too, just watch.

It is only a matter of time when US drones will fire missiles in Sawat and the truce will be over. It has always happened whenever GoP went into some kind of peace deal with Taliban, US has sabotage it. It is going to happen this time too, just watch.

qsaark;sir
you are quiet right, but i guss this time, its the time to stop drones, i guss a very "huge thinktank in PAKARMY" , already planned that, but its just the matter of time , they are going to stop it. at least i am sure!;):enjoy:

and this time , its a good luck , that a ULEMA (Maulana Sufi) taking lead to bring peace in the region, till now he is countring the venom , which has been put inside by outsiders.
i wish him very good luck, i guss we need more of ulema like like him , who work for peace, & nothing for themselves. unlike our politicians, who can use everything just for thier intersts.

It is only a matter of time when US drones will fire missiles in Sawat and the truce will be over. It has always happened whenever GoP went into some kind of peace deal with Taliban, US has sabotaged it. It is going to happen this time too, just watch.

I hope that doesnt happen because that will signal an act of war since Swat is quite a distance from FATA areas and its no where near those areas where the drones are currently being operated.

I hope that doesnt happen because that will signal an act of war since Swat is quite a distance from FATA areas and its no where near those areas where the drones are currently being operated.
What 'will signal an act of war', we are already at war. It is our Government and the military that atleast publically is in denial. If it was India or Iran or Afghanistan who's dornes were patrolling our airspace and firing missiles at will, would you not call we are at war? Please note that drones have already extended their operations to Kurram Agency, they even flew over Bannun. It is up to us now, how long can we keep hiding our head in the sand like an Ostrich.

qsaark;sir
you are quiet right, but i guss this time, its the time to stop drones, i guss a very "huge thinktank in PAKARMY" , already planned that, but its just the matter of time , they are going to stop it. at least i am sure!;):enjoy:

and this time , its a good luck , that a ULEMA (Maulana Sufi) taking lead to bring peace in the region, till now he is countring the venom , which has been put inside by outsiders.
i wish him very good luck, i guss we need more of ulema like like him , who work for peace, & nothing for themselves. unlike our politicians, who can use everything just for thier intersts.

wat makes u say that??? ur sources in army or ur sixth sense?

Atleast this is something to be credited to Zardari. He has done what Musharraf couldnt in 5 years.

Atleast this is something to be credited to Zardari. He has done what Musharraf couldnt in 5 years.
I guess the credit goes to Mr. Time. Situation has changed a lot since Musharraf's time. Plus Musharraf was a dictator, he didn't have to worry about the next elections.

qsaark;sir

Very good observation. Lets see how things pan out.

I guess the credit goes to Mr. Time. Situation has changed a lot since Musharraf's time. Plus Musharraf was a dictator, he didn't have to worry about the next elections.

That is no excuse to let thousands of people die.

This is the worst problem of Pakistan, when someone does something good, no one appreciates it. Crediting it to time etc is absurd. What about the extreme pressure from Washington? who is facing that? i am sure it's not time again.

That is no excuse to let thousands of people die.

This is the worst problem of Pakistan, when someone does something good, no one appreciates it. Crediting it to time etc is absurd. What about the extreme pressure from Washington? who is facing that? i am sure it's not time again.
Patience my friend. Only time will tell whether this was a cosmetic move or something really substantial. Besides, there is as much pressure on him from the Army. Zardari can remain President without the support of Washington, but not without the support of Army. It is clear that Washington is not considering the interest of Pakistan hence they want full action. It is not US troops in Sawat, on both the sides, Pakistanis are dying. But Army thinks differently, and understandably so.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009. The Nation

Addressing a seminar organised by Sustainable Policy Development Institute (SDPI) here, Major-General Athar Abbas said that the government couldn’t control the non-state actors, as the militants continued getting funds from the inimical forces.

He said that a vacuum was created as administrative machinery stood paralysed in Swat and it was imperative to gain confidence of the people for some success over there.

The state machinery including police, civil administration and paramilitary troops were almost seized to work in the area, he said.
He welcomed the political approach to deal with the situation in the area saying, “This effort may bear fruitful results without causing any further loss of lives.”

He said that Taliban had got themselves mixed up with the people, besides they used civilians to shield themselves.

The Army spokesman said that the restoration of writ of the government and establishing peace were main objectives of Pakistan Army, while the peration had been halted under the new political strategy. He said the presence of troops would continue to be in the area.Answering a question, he said the troops were not withdrawn from Afghan border during the deployment process on Indian border.

To another question, he clarified that Pakistan Army was not carrying out operation in Balochistan, rather FC was dealing with the situation. Regarding the FM station operating in Swat, he said that mobile FM transmitters were being used to carryout the illegal activity and whenever these were spotted, their transmissions would be jammed.

The Army needed sophisticated surveillance equipment to fight a counter-insurgency campaign, Abbas said, echoing a point that Chief of Army Staff Ashfaq Parvez Kayani was expected to make in the United States this week. Monitoring Desk adds: Maj-Gen Abbas maintained that the Army suffered heavy loss in Swat as according to him the miscreants were mixed up with local people in the valley.

Abbas termed the public support vital for the military in case it carries out an operation inside the borders. He stated that foreign secret agencies backed militants in Swat against Pakistan Army.

The ISPR chief declared that the government reserves the option of using force if no positive development was witnessed in Swat situation.

Patience my friend. Only time will tell whether this was a cosmetic move or something really substantial. Besides, there is as much pressure on him from the Army. Zardari can remain President without the support of Washington, but not without the support of Army. It is clear that Washington is not considering the interest of Pakistan hence they want full action. It is not US troops in Sawat, on both the sides, Pakistanis are dying. But Army thinks differently, and understandably so.

Chalo bhai, now you are crediting it to the army that has been killing these people and is responsible for erupting the war in the first place. Remember 2004?.

and NO, USA has more influence if you are talking about regime change. Even when Musharraf took over, first he went to Washington to get "ashirwad" from Clinton and then he staged the coup. He was the most pro-American leader of Pakistan had seen, as they were the ones that gave him the power in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom