What's new

PDF Thread Quality Control

The South and Central Asian sub forum these days look like a Indian tabloid, Full of Indian news spam that's irrelevant to anybody non Indian, The poster Hindustani seems to be the main culprit, There can be a dozen of these threads posted daily.. Can they be accommodated in a specific Indian sub forum for all the Indian domestic affairs ? I dont think im alone in loosing interest in PDF if this happening

The South and Central Asian sub forum these days look like a Indian tabloid, Full of Indian news spam that's irrelevant to anybody non Indian, The poster Hindustani seems to be the main culprit, There can be a dozen of these threads posted daily.. Can they be accommodated in a specific Indian sub forum for all the Indian domestic affairs ? I dont think im alone in loosing interest in PDF if this happening

South and Central Asian section is primarily Indian specific. What kind of threads are you looking for in that section? Which country?

South and Central Asian section is primarily Indian specific. What kind of threads are you looking for in that section? Which country?

Well as it mentions South and Central Asian Asian topics, Yes Indian members may be numerically much larger but c'mon there need to be balance of topics discussed in the sub forum, Most of what is posted is mere Indian domestic news that's totally irrelevant to anyone else and is totally out of place in the multinational forum like the PDF.. I'm not averse to them having a platform to discuss what PM Modi had for breakfast but maybe provide them with a sub forum to discuss such mundane matters among themselves and save the rest of us from spam ?

I will bring an example about the quality in respect to the rules and mods that ignore them.

https://defence.pk/threads/are-russia-and-iran-arming-daesh-terrorists-in-syria.466324/

If you are honest about the quality of the forum, you need to focus on the ME section, in this example, i can name a few rules broken in that thread, even a mod breaks it without any shame. I am 100% sure that The more you read posts in that link, the less you trust in the rules and some mods in this forum.

P.S: Acc. to my previous experiences, Such situations are not exception, but systemical, or ''report'' button option is not a solution if the mod turns blind eye, in some cases,if the mod her/himself breaks it.

I have recetly been seeing a lot of useless threads on PDF with no logic to support them. I propose that the post limit for opening a new thread should be around 500-1000 posts. This will serve several purposes

1- This will restrict access of trolls who change their ID merely for trash talk so it will become difficult for the newbies and professional trolls to trash talk about a topic

2-It will improve the quality of threads by not allowing amateurish threads every next day with stupid question.

3- A higher post limit will allow new members to gain bit of maturity after they watch senior posters not getting involved in flame bait

Its just a suggestion so lets talk about improving PDF quality as it is getting really annoying to have forum for mature talks to get destroyed by bunch of trolls and newbies

This will discourage some new experienced posters (Posting their post on other forums) to share their views and ideas and important material. It is a strength of pDF that you may join and post in very little time. Do not spoil that. My two cent.

500 to 1000 posts maybe too much IMO

How about implementing a Ratings algorithm?

Once someone has say, 50 posts, the system always checks their net rating?

If their rating is above a threshold, they can make threads, but if their net rating falls below a threshold, their thread-making privileges are banned until their rating comes back up AND they have made an additional 50 posts

net rating = Positive Ratings + Negative Ratings.

Only take 30 most recent ratings in net ratings (in case someone is good initially but starts trolling later on)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom