What's new

PDF Thread Quality Control

Even though it's a defese forum, every thing should have diversity otherwise things get really boring and i bet most of you wouldn't be here, if it wasn't for that diversity. As for senior/junior members, those who dont have to follow rules they never will. I can quote many examples of such senior members but i guess throwing light on them wouldn't be a cool thing to do :angel:. Point being diversity and freedom of expression are exactly why people come here, take that away and defence.pk is no more. Making it exclusive to "internet experts" wont do any good, but then again that's my humble opinion, what do i know? i am not even a senior member :p:.

I emphatically don't agree.

Social and political sub-forums should be eliminated. The worst trolls stay away from the military threads.

I emphatically don't agree.

Social and political sub-forums should be eliminated. The worst trolls stay away from the military threads.
And then you will have just few military enthusiasts like other forums. Social and political forums bring in huge traffic, something which Webby cannot afford to ignore.

And then you will have just few military enthusiasts like other forums. Social and political forums bring in huge traffic, something which Webby cannot afford to ignore.

Is that what this forum is about? Revenues for Webby?

Well sir I think the quality of the thread should be checked and non informative threads should be deleted. Beside the troll one too

Is that what this forum is about? Revenues for Webby?
I mentioned traffic not revenues, but since you have brought it up. Without finances even a military forum would be difficult to maintain as in past webby did have to launch donation drives to support the forum.

I mentioned traffic not revenues, but since you have brought it up. Without finances even a military forum would be difficult to maintain as in past webby did have to launch donation drives to support the forum.

You might like to enlighten those engaging in a discussion about inappropriate language about this economic aspect. It would be interesting to see the results.

You might like to enlighten those engaging in a discussion about inappropriate language about this economic aspect. It would be interesting to see the results.
The discussion was about concentrating on Military aspect of the forum and muting all other members who are either not "Senior" or have not been acknowledged as "Internet Intellectuals". I reiterate, if only confined to military discussion and few such "experts" defence.pk will lose it's worth. People need to realize that it's an internet based forum and not an actual military organization, restricting wider participation and diversity of topics will only hurt defence.pk both in economics's and popularity.

I would also appreciate somekind of quality control, and anything you can do is welcome.

I've been here for a while and have to say that it's way too easy to flame and troll.

I was thinking that perhaps an "invite" only option could be coded. Where an OP could invite people to participate and the invited ppl could in return invite others to comment in a thread. This is by no means a guarentee that a troll who gets in won't tag his other account with an invitation.

I check certain sections pretty much every day, but the flaming and low quality of posting is just not very good for those of us who come here for some decent level of information and idea exchanging.

I was thinking that perhaps an "invite" only option could be coded. Where an OP could invite people to participate and the invited ppl could in return invite others to comment in a thread. This is by no means a guarentee that a troll who gets in won't tag his other account with an invitation.

The tag system kind of already does this, though the forum at large is still free to post at their leisure, but I feel that'd invite more trolling as you can control who views the content, and if the current tagging system is any indicator of future action, people will have the same tendency to invite other simply to laugh or troll in the new system.

Windjammer comes to mind as a serial abuser of this, often posting content solely to troll or dump on Indian members, even going so far as to post years old content (I've seen him post articles that are six years or older) then inviting others to do the same. But with the system you're proposing, no one can debunk or rebuttal without an invite, and it's unlikely they'd get one.

So we have trolling up because people can create threads to troll and invite other trolls without any counterbalance, but the spread of false information would be up too because again, there'd be no counterbalance or anyone to present an alternate side to the discussion.

That system would need to be policed greatly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point, I didn't think that far. So perhaps an alternative where all threads are post-countless, where posting doesn't count unless a mod "tags" or changes the quality of a thread. I can't see how that would stop the trolling since I don't know if ppl just make a new e-mail account to create a pdf account.

Unless of course if you can "demote" someone to the rank of a troll and limit the amount of posts they can make per hour.

Oh, poor Zarvan would be out of the job:D. What really needs to be crimped are those damn wish lists.

Pakistan needs three Borg Cubes:
startrekborg42.jpg

The entire United States Navy:
usn_new.png

Vader:
darth-vader-1.jpg

And the freaking Moon to counter just the Indian Navy... don't even get me started on what they'd need to counter the IAF too!!

These misinformed wish lists need to stop, or at very least people need to explain and analyze why the wished for items would make sense, how they'd fit into Pakistan's doctrine or how the doctrine could be changed to support them, where the items would be sources from, supported and what support infrastructure Pakistan has that could accommodate them, and how the heck Pakistan could pay for the items. Among other considerations.

If you can't do that in a manner that would make a defense industry Pro like me smile, get the heck out with your wish lists!!

I've already tabbed myself as both Supreme Overlord and minions 1 through 9648.

But there's an opening for peon 3 if you're interested. Please sign the attached form and mail it to me.

:partay:
seems like only thing pakistan really needs to do is to invade the nords and nuke them to ensure the survivability of PDF and liberation of internet from supreme cyber leader

norwegia is number wakhn
maxresdefault.jpg

Quality ??? :o:
Control? :o::o:
Sensitive ? :o::o::o:
Flame bait? :(

This is a conspiracy to ban me...:mad: take this from me >>> :tdown:

Just bcz i dont know how to make good posts does nt mean i dont belong here.. :cry:

i am part of the masses, the awaam...am hurt that you folks want me out of here.. what about my azaadi ..:angel:

.. strolling to the corner and sitting and sulking.. :cray:

i m sorry but you are fired
103000982-GettyImages-488230964.240x240.jpg

since everyone is giving opinions might i suggest an NTS for this forum as well

on serious note i think this forum is doing more than fine its literally the most visited defense forum
just avoid bullshit and ignoring trolls will do the part

Even though it's a defese forum, every thing should have diversity otherwise things get really boring and i bet most of you wouldn't be here, if it wasn't for that diversity. As for senior/junior members, those who dont have to follow rules they never will. I can quote many examples of such senior members but i guess throwing light on them wouldn't be a cool thing to do :angel:. Point being diversity and freedom of expression are exactly why people come here, take that away and defence.pk is no more. Making it exclusive to "internet experts" wont do any good, but then again that's my humble opinion, what do i know? i am not even a senior member :p:.
may be new members should only be allowed to post in member's club till they hit 1000 posts and are meber for 2 months... I agree that we should not make it too difficult for new members otherwise nobody will join pdf.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom