What's new

PDF Color Scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just the base and as such a beta as has been repeatedly said.This is a newer version of the underlying software The old look will be brought back but it takes time to port from the older version.
If you have suggestions on how that could be done faster, please add here.
I don't understand why you guys didn't create a test site or a mirror site to test out new software and design implementation and allow, perhaps, a few members access to voice their feedback before implementing on the live site. This is common procedure of any major implementation such as switching software. I also don't get why you guys decide to switch from Vbulletin to Xenforo. Too many websites these day are going for the "hipster, modern" look but fail to realize the "core value" of a good site. I consider PDK a good site so I'm only providing you my suggestion. So here it is:

1. Design the color scheme to match PDK purpose, which is "defence", strength, AND visibility. Here is a good website to check which color scheme is good. I suggest the Zen and Tea or Japanese Garden scheme to match PDK "green" flag and blue of old color scheme.

https://kuler.adobe.com/explore/most-popular/?time=all

2. Change all family font to "Helvetica Neue, Arial, san script" in all part of the forum to create unity and harmony from an eye catching perspective. ;)

3. Change Fluid layout to Semi-Fluid (Fixed) with document width set at 1600px or 85% of the site layout.

4. All icons need to be overhaul. Update/upload your favorite icon (favicon) to the server and create a logo. But can be done later.

The first 3 is very important and will magically fix people complains here for the current visibility, which is very eyesore atm.

Can the pinned threads be distinguished, add a shade to it, so it will be easier to notice it... in addition, I miss the last post feature, where you clicked on an arrows and it took you the latest post of a thread...

I think you should make the difference between sticky threads and normal threads more distinctive... It should be more selective, easy for our eyes... Maybe you can use a remarkable line at the bottom of sticky threads which seperates sticky & normal threads...

This "change" is a bit too much, its practically a whole new site now. Will take a long time to get used to!

30819-Sweet-Brown-funny-gif-j2gJ.gif

o_O

I can't see new posts at the bottom like before? How do I know what to respond to, who to respond to, where to go, what to read?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Thanks for coming back online.

How to see number of posts and thanks each member has, joining date, etc.

Bosses what was wrong with old site format? Everything was going smooth.

Even Mr/Sir had started trolling like a PDF commoner .....

I can't see new posts at the bottom like before? How do I know what to respond to, who to respond to, where to go, what to read?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Thanks for coming back online.

There is a New Posts button on top of the homepage .

How to see number of posts and thanks each member has, joining date, etc.

Bosses what was wrong with old site format? Everything was going smooth.

Even Mr/Sir had started trolling like a PDF commoner .....

Move the cursor to your username on top right in home page .

A popup opens . Click on the Your Profile Page .

Man where have all my Thanks disappeared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, don't I get a toffee for finishing 1000 posts?

I also had a hard time in distinguishing between stickies and normal threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom