What's new

PCB to launch BIGGEST T20 League

Nitin Goyal

BANNED
Reaction score
LAHORE – Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chaudhry Zaka Ashraf revealed that PCB will launch its own Premier League soon which will be bigger than the Indian Premier League.

Talking to this scribe, Zaka Ashraf said that Pakistan players would now play their own league which the PCB was aiming to launch soon instead of participating in the IPL. “We will talk to major sponsor companies to come forward and select their teams for this grand league of the country and I hope it will be much better than the IPL. It will also attract maximum number of cricket lovers and provide them opportunity to witness their players in action at their own home grounds,” he added.

“I was appointed as the PCB chief to boost and promote cricket across the country and it is my sole aim and I am striving hard to achieve my aim by revival of international cricket and added I will provide our national players all the best available facilities,” Zaka added. He further said that he just now had three or four months in the board and gradually he would bring healthy changes for the betterment in the board working.

“First of all, I would like to nominate best suitable coach for the Pakistan team. Though many persons saying different things about coach but I will do what I think will be best for the Pakistan cricket,” Zaka asserted. “We are in talks with India for bilateral series and for this, both the countries have written to their ministries for NOC and now we are seeking reply from Indian ministry. On the other hand, Bangladesh team will tour Pakistan in April.

Zaka also vowed to follow the vision and policies of the deceased former PCB chairman purely for the promotion of the game

PCB to launch big T20 League | The Nation gives news details

Since both India and Pakistan are equally cricket crazy countries and since India population is much larger making IPL more widespread and BCCI is more rich than PCB and of it seems really impossible to do.

I think bilateral series is also cancelled due to Asia Cup..
And PCB asking for 50% share of the bilateral series which is unacceptable for BCCI, So bilateral series is very far away and talking about IPL,its "unbeatable"..

Although this article might be pure speculation, but Zaka Ashraf has started doing some serious hard work for the Pakistani cricket.

PCB needs to speak realistically. on one hand they are pleading BCCI to play a bilateral series and on the other hand making tall claims. PCB is the laughing stock.

Something like this was said sometime ago as well but not materialized ...PCB has enough money to create a big premier league the problem is not the money as PCB is one of the richest cricket boards ..the problem is attracting the international players as been portrayed Pakistan as threat for international team to play cricket in ...so if the premier league kicks on in Pakistan many will not be interested in participating it.... I would rather say PCB should choose some neutral venue to start the proceedings like SA or UAE and attract as many international players as they can ,make them participate thus making it a big hit... as soon as people start realizing that it is a quality league ...gradually transfer it back to Pakistan ....till then situation too will be a lot better ...specially after bangladesh tour countries will realize that there is a safety aspect fro them while playing in Pakistan

PCB needs to speak realistically. on one hand they are pleading BCCI to play a bilateral series and on the other hand making tall claims. PCB is the laughing stock.

well i realize india wont grow up any soon neither BCCI, wishing for a cricket series which would improve the cricket relations and normalise things and tht india would see it again on political prism was a wrong decision on PCB part i think

you guys are immature kids, when PCB invites india to play match, you guys say, we are begging you, when we refuse to play you guys say, we are the culprits and blame is on us, grow up dude

Whats so funny about it? PCB planned it before too but due to attack on SL team and security concerns it was not put to action ...if that incident wouldn't have been taken place ...surely we would have seen some real action...

As far as your "pleading" is concerned there is nothing like this involved ..... both countries want to see action against each other and this is just an attempt to provide them with the entertainment as well promote the peace ...... its not like if BCCI will grant the permission or not its more at governmental level ...

I say why not, if they can do it then go for it. The country already has a large population that like cricket, and the shows rights can be other cricket loving countries for revenue.

maybe a pakistan,srilanka,bangladesh combined league could do a better job

maybe a pakistan,srilanka,bangladesh combined league could do a better job

All South Asian countries should do it, kinda like the European Football(Soccer for the American) League (UEFA) it'll be fun to watch.

Something like this was said sometime ago as well but not materialized ...PCB has enough money to create a big premier league the problem is not the money as PCB is one of the richest cricket boards ..the problem is attracting the international players as been portrayed Pakistan as threat for international team to play cricket in ...so if the premier league kicks on in Pakistan many will not be interested in participating it.... I would rather say PCB should choose some neutral venue to start the proceedings like SA or UAE and attract as many international players as they can ,make them participate thus making it a big hit... as soon as people start realizing that it is a quality league ...gradually transfer it back to Pakistan ....till then situation too will be a lot better ...specially after bangladesh tour countries will realize that there is a safety aspect fro them while playing in Pakistan

Agreed this is how PCB should start. Finances are not a big issue but security concerns are. First one or two editions of Pakistani league should be held in neutral venue while working to make situation better at home. Zaka Ashraf is doing a lot of hard work to bring back Cricket to Pakistan. They are also buying two bomb proof buses.

PCB to buy bomb-proof buses for visiting teams - The Times of India

It's doable. Considering IPL has become all showmanship. It can be the tortoise and hare scenario. Do the basics right, work hard and honestly and you can do anything.

I don't care if its not bigger than IPL, the effort to promote good cricket in Pakistan should be made and the best effort should be put forward.

Back
Top Bottom