What's new

PCB to demand Lorgat’s removal

WAQAS119

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Match-fixing row: PCB to demand Lorgat’s removal

LAHORE: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has decided to demand the removal of Haroon Lorgat as head of the International Cricket Council (ICC) over his role in handling match-fixing allegations, reliable sources told SAMAA.

According to PCB, Haroon Lorgat violated ICC rules by announcing the investigation of the Oval match without taking English and Pakistan cricket boards into confidence about the decision.

As per ICC rules, Lorgat should have informed the boards of the two playing teams before making any decision regarding the match-fixing allegations leveled by a British newspaper against the Pakistani team. He, however, issued a media statement without consulting the two boards.

Sources say PCB Chief Ijaz Butt and ICC President Sharad Pawar are also likely to hold a key meeting in Dubai on Tuesday. SAMAA

sick of this lorgat and english media and giles clark too

More sick from Ijaz BUTT and uncle Yawar...Pakistan need good defence team and internationally known squad of administration, not cronism ...

WTF is wrong with butt? I mean you better have evidence if you're going to say something as big as that. I doubt he has any evidence. This will make things VERY difficult for the team. Please, please get rid of butt. But to do that, we have to get rid of the thug at the top - who has absolutely no shame.

I hate the attitude of most of the Pakistani's members here, if PCB dont do any thing then they lay waste of no opportunity to critize PCB, now Ijaz Butt has taken a stand and these Pakistani's found another opportunity to critsize butt.

These critizer are the worst enemy of Pakistani Cricket here and back home in Pakistan, they just know how to critize and forget that the people in PCB are more qualified and experienced in handling these matters.

Never we Pakistani's can unite and take a stand, some how some where there is always some extra inteluctual individuals who have some better ideas.

Yh khamakha k DADA ban na ab band ho jana chahiye, jo stand PCB nay lay lia hai sahi ho ya ghalat usay support kero defend kero, ego side per rekho or sirf Pakistani bano.

In my honest openion PCB should gain some support & credibility before making this kind of bold statement. Instead of gaining confidence of other board members Ijaz butt & pak diplomat went on a confrontational mode by blaming ECB & BCCI respectively. let's be honest.. you can't change nothing in ICC without the support of BCCI & sharad pawar. PCB is acting emotionally. you got to be clever about these things. he needs to learn a thing or two from his predecessors.

There's a way to go about it man. PCB does the opposite of what needs to be done.

Instead of not suspending Amir, Asif and Butt - which common sense tells you that it should be done - they continue acting thick and don't suspend them based on the argument that innocent until proven guilty. Until the case doesn't get cleared, you shouldn't play them, especially when the evidence is so strong!

Then as far as 3rd ODI was concerned, they should have mentioned the logical fallacy in the accusation, i.e. it was Pakistan that fixed the game but it was England who lost. This latest accusations may have helped us if dealt with properly because of how bizarre the accusation was. But no, they make an even bigger f*ck up then before. If you're going to make such huge accusations, you better have something to back it up. Otherwise it will make things even worse.

who is going to listen pcb here?.every country is reluctant to play in and with pakistan.and butt is making the statement who irks the others.definitely he will find himself alone.so better is to quit with pride.

There's a way to go about it man. PCB does the opposite of what needs to be done.

Instead of not suspending Amir, Asif and Butt - which common sense tells you that it should be done - they continue acting thick and don't suspend them based on the argument that innocent until proven guilty. Until the case doesn't get cleared, you shouldn't play them, especially when the evidence is so strong!

Then as far as 3rd ODI was concerned, they should have mentioned the logical fallacy in the accusation, i.e. it was Pakistan that fixed the game but it was England who lost. This latest accusations may have helped us if dealt with properly because of how bizarre the accusation was. But no, they make an even bigger f*ck up then before. If you're going to make such huge accusations, you better have something to back it up. Otherwise it will make things even worse.

This guy ijaz butt has said in his statement that he has proofs and internal PCB investigation is going on and will provide them to the ICC when needed.

Seriously he is the head of PCB, people on these posts are not dumb enough to indulge themselves in mud throwing without any proof.

There is something PCB got, which led to Ijaz Butt accusing the English players. Otherwise if he had assumed that he know his days with PCB are over and his reputation doomed.

Honeslty i dont think some one can be stupid enough.

Ijaz Butt recent irresponsible statement creating more hurdle for Pakistani cricketers. I don't know what he is doing right, from day one is doing things wrong. In single meeting he punish the players and, after few weeks he reinstate the same players.What type of criteria we are talking about. Now he is adopting confrontational posture with ICC. A PCB chairman who totally failed to defend his team against British tabloid,a rumor mill, what he is going to do next, he been silent since British media announce the detail of allegation. Whole Pakistan and sport minister asking him to leave, but he is acting like stubborn boy who is not ready to leave, until he been ejected from seat.
Since he took over PCB, that was and is the darkest period of cricket in Pakistan. Check the history. Other teams have allegation of match fixing, but the way the ICC humiliated PCB, never happen with any other team. Every team is involve in match fixing, but ICC is unable to point the finger anyone else. Why Pakistani?..because we have very weak PCB structure.PCB has no control over players.

Last edited:
PCB is digging its own grave now, this is just stupid, Ijaz Butt has the brain of a donkey.

who is going to listen pcb here?.every country is reluctant to play in and with pakistan.and butt is making the statement who irks the others.definitely he will find himself alone.so better is to quit with pride.

every country is reluctant to play in pakistan i agree, but with pakistan i disagree.

He is not stupid to put his pride on line for nothing. PCB has something.

I hate the attitude of most of the Pakistani's members here, if PCB dont do any thing then they lay waste of no opportunity to critize PCB, now Ijaz Butt has taken a stand and these Pakistani's found another opportunity to critsize butt.

These critizer are the worst enemy of Pakistani Cricket here and back home in Pakistan, they just know how to critize and forget that the people in PCB are more qualified and experienced in handling these matters.

Never we Pakistani's can unite and take a stand, some how some where there is always some extra inteluctual individuals who have some better ideas.

Yh khamakha k DADA ban na ab band ho jana chahiye, jo stand PCB nay lay lia hai sahi ho ya ghalat usay support kero defend kero, ego side per rekho or sirf Pakistani bano.

Buddy what stand you are talking about?
Whether the fixing allegations are true or false the behavior and statements issued by PCB and your PM Gilani are quite contrast. Instead of taking appropriate actions PCB is defending the accused and making allegations against other countries.
PCB has to realize that it is the cricket fans of pakistan and all over the world feel betrayed if the allegations turned to be true. PCB should realize that the loyalty of the fans is lost and is very difficult to regain.

We need to fire the entire PCB Board and start fresh. Logart needs to be removed for sure as well.

PCB is digging its own grave now, this is just stupid, Ijaz Butt has the brain of a donkey.

and what will you call fixing a match for the win?
its like fixing is also done to over perform now, and if true than this type of fixing should be allowed.

About the scoring patterns, even i was able to guess that in the end Pakistan will loose the semi final to austrailia from the brink of winning it.

I was able to guess that Pakistan will again loose the sydney test again after going into the winning position.

I can guess that the top order of Pakistani batting line will fail, and first 10 overs Pakistan will score slow, then in the last few overs the onslought will begin.

Pakistan;s scoring patterns are always predictible, nothing new, thats strategy. If you lose early wickets which we always do go slow and steady, keep wickets in hand and in last 10 overs hit every thing.

I cant believe this is also now labelled as scoring pattern fixing. lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom