What's new

PCB bars players from doing push-ups after match wins

Okay I have read all your posts (again) .................... and my suggestion is please do defend them where it is justified but stop defending their childish insecure harkaaat. This one is simply non sense and anyone defending non sense ........ well!!!
And if all you come up with this, then i can make some assumption about your reading ability.

And if all you come up with this, then i can make some assumption about your reading ability.

Please be my guest and do it ..................but for me you failed to defend a nonsensical brain fart of a Patwari ......... Yes a patwari may be not by profession but the mentality is surely that of a patwari.

An idiot would make an issue out of something this trivial and PMLN idiots have all the expertise at their disposal. Isn't this the same Rana who said that US and India would make Tora Bora of Pakistan if anything happens to this current government.

I only see variation in your posts, you yourself are not clear about how to defend this idiocy.

"He wondered why the players did push-ups when the team won and were silent when it lost?"

Its more about owning both rather than what you're saying. Push ups were not bad but the way the victory was depicted as a result of sole factor by certain sections of media made it a controversial issue.

See the headline and how it just concluded leadership Ex-COAS in just one last line.

Najam sethi was summoned for what? to discuss national security?

Please be my guest and do it ..................but for me you failed to defend a nonsensical brain fart of a Patwari ......... Yes a patwari may be not by profession but the mentality is surely that of a patwari.

An idiot would make an issue out of something this trivial and PMLN idiots have all the expertise at their disposal. Isn't this the same Rana who said that US and India would make Tora Bora of Pakistan if anything happens to this current government.

I only see variation in your posts, you yourself are not clear about how to defend this idiocy.
Push ups were not bad but the way the victory was depicted as a result of sole factor by certain sections of media made it a controversial issue.

Okay if it was the media that depicted the whole thing wrongly ................. but still how it justifies someone saying Why did Cricketers do push ups after winning the match?

They could have offered some plots or money or some secret funding to the relevant media to correct the fault.......... but why blame cricketers?

Okay if it was the media that depicted the whole thing wrongly ................. but still how it justifies someone saying Why did Cricketers do push ups after winning the match?

They could have offered some plots or money or some secret funding to the relevant media to correct the fault.......... but why blame cricketers?
Actually if it was the case as you're saying it is, why wasn't it done in second test and thereafter. Players weren't using army's facilities for the first time. It has happened in the past and will likely happen in the future as well. Who was behind the media's activities, we wouldn't know but apparently the sole credit was tried to be handed over to military citing the push ups as an incident. No body blamed cricketers they have been playing very decent off late.
14695487_10154684274388934_3397067057987043617_n-jpg.346523

Actually if it was the case as you're saying it is, why wasn't it done in second test and thereafter. Players weren't using army's facilities for the first time. It has happened in the past and will likely happen in the future as well. Who was behind the media's activities, we wouldn't know but apparently the sole credit was tried to be handed over to military citing the push ups as an incident. No body blamed cricketers they have been playing very decent off late.
14695487_10154684274388934_3397067057987043617_n-jpg.346523

If we go by "Misbah's" own account he pretty much clearly said that all that jubilation and gestures were for the army staff deputed to train them in Kakul ............ the soldiers who earn low salary but still are willing to lay their lives for the country and its flag. The common Jawan of Army and not some Jarnail.

Najam's own presence in Pakistan's cricket is evident of politics .......... how he can say stop politicising the game?

Anyways Rana should appear and publicly clarify what is the issue here. Let us all hold our horses for another 1.5 years and stop being idiots for once.

If we go by "Misbah's" own account he pretty much clearly said that all that jubilation and gestures were for the army staff deputed to train them in Kakul ............ the soldiers who earn low salary but still are willing to lay their lives for the country and its flag. The common Jawan of Army and not some Jarnail.

Najam's own presence in Pakistan's cricket is evident of politics .......... how he can say stop politicising the game?

Anyways Rana should appear and publicly clarify what is the issue here. Let us all hold our horses for another 1.5 years and stop being idiots for once.
And perhaps for that reason, for the first time, merit based selection is evident in Pak cricket team.

And perhaps for that reason, for the first time, merit based selection is evident in Pak cricket team.

I will agree to that, Pakistan cricket did manage some improvements like PSL and bringing Zimbabwe to play us in our home ground in Pakistan. But again Najam's own appointment in cricket well don't know if it did meet any merit criteria.

PMLN politicised every institution and they know raheel sharif is much more popular to panama sharif . THey are defaming army on every issue and nawaz wants to give no credit to army and want every citizen to consider him lord of the 7 kingdoms

yeah right . when the head was appointed by PMLN with no cricketing experience, no management experience and who spell venom against army every day . that was the merits for selection sethi

How interesting would it be if after the next match when Pakistan wins, the Pakistani supporters in the crowd perform push-ups en-masse as a "tamaacha" on the face of these &$^&^%#& politicians.

Hello all
LMAO , What a country we are and what a funny Democracy we have.:woot::woot::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Democracy is not in danger when there is no law and order , no jobs , no business , no income , less and very bad Agriculture sector extremely poor industry , almost zero health facilities etc , etc,
List is way to Long ,

But surely Democracy is in Danger if our Players do some Push-Ups and saluting.

کھلاڑی پش اپس لگا کر کس کو پیغام دے رہے ہیں، حکومتی ارکان کا تحفظات کا اظہار
358393_83771970.jpg

پاکستان کرکٹ بورڈ کی ایگزیکٹو کمیٹی کے چیئرمین نجم سیٹھی کا کہنا تھا کہ پی سی بی نے کھلاڑیوں کو پش اپس کرنے سے روک دیا ہے اور اب ٹیم میں پش اپس کا سلسلہ بند ہو گیا ہے
اسلام آباد (دنیا نیوز)حکومت کو پاکستان کرکٹ ٹیم کے جشن کا انداز بھی پسند نہ آیا۔ سیاستدانوں کو قومی ٹیم کے جیت کی خوشی میں پش اپس لگانے میں سازش نظر آنے لگی ہے ۔ قومی اسمبلی کی قائمہ کمیٹی برائے بین الصوبائی رابطہ کے اجلاس میں حکومتی رکن رانا افضل نے قومی کھلاڑیوں کے پش اپس لگانے پر اعتراض کرتے ہوئے کہا کہ کھلاڑی جیت کر تو پش اپس لگاتے ہیں لیکن ہارنے پر خاموش کیوں ہو جاتے ہیں ۔ ان کا کہنا تھا کہ کھلاڑی پش اپس لگا کر کس کو پیغام دے رہے ہیں ۔ پاکستان کرکٹ بورڈ کی ایگزیکٹو کمیٹی کے چیئرمین نجم سیٹھی کا کہنا تھا کہ قومی ٹیم کے کھلاڑیوں نے کاکول میں پاک فوج سے تربیت حاصل کی اور پش اپس کا مقصد پاک فوج کو خراج عقیدت پیش کرنا تھا جب کہ مصباح الحق نے سنچری بنانے کے بعد اپنی فٹنس ثابت کرنے کے لئے پش اپس لگائے اور دیگر کھلاڑیوں نے انہیں فالو کیا لیکن اب کھلاڑیوں کے پش اپس لگانے پر پابندی لگا دی گئی ہے ۔ ان کا کہنا تھا کہ پاکستان سپر لیگ کی ڈرا فٹنگ تقریب میں کئی کور کمانڈرز کو بھی مدعو کیا گیا، لیکن انہوں نے شرکت نہیں کی ۔ کورکمانڈرز کراچی نے کہا کہ پی ایس ایل کو کراچی لے آئیں سکیورٹی ہم دینگے ۔ آئرلینڈ کو پاکستان لانے کی بات کی تو وزیر اعظم نے کہا کہ آپ کو اندر کی بہت سی باتوں کا نہیں پتا، دیکھ بھال کر فیصلے کریں ۔ Have you ever seen a celebration like this?! #EngvPak https://t.co/bbGH9lfMpG — England Cricket (@englandcricket) July 14, 2016 واضح رہے کہ پاکستان کرکٹ میں پش اپ لگانے کا سلسلہ اُس وقت شروع ہوا جب قومی ٹیسٹ کرکٹ ٹیم کے کپتان مصباح الحق نے انگلینڈ کے لارڈز کرکٹ گراؤنڈ پر پہلے ٹیسٹ میچ میں شاندار سنچری کے بعد سیلیوٹ کر کے 10 پُش اپس لگائے تھے ۔ مصباح کے پش اپ کے بعد دیگر کھلاڑیوں نے بھی ان کو فالو کرتے ہوئے پش اپ لگائے ۔

Govt officials express reservation over Pakistan cricketers' push-ups
Last Updated On 26 October,2016 02:03 pm
358382_97507662.jpg

Najam Sethi said that the players have been stopped from push-ups to avoid further reaction.
ISLAMABAD (Dunya News / AFP) – The matter of cricketers’ victory push-ups has been echoed in the session of Senate Standing Committee on Sports after which the players have been barred from carrying out the move further.

Rana Afzal, a member of National Assembly, raised question that why players remain silent over defeat and do push-ups on victory.

To whom they are conveying message by such actions, he asked.

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Executive Committee Najam Sethi assured that players will not celebrate victories with push-ups anymore.

He said Misbah set this trend to mark the win which was later followed by other players.

Test skipper Misbah performed several press-ups by smashing century against England at Lord’s on July 15, 2016.

"I promised the army personel I would do the push-ups if I got a century," Misbah told reporters after stumps.

The team also celebrated their triumph over England in the first Test at Lord‘s with a series of press-ups.

After Misbah, one-day international captain Azhar Ali also did press-ups on hitting triple century against West Indies in first Test on October 15, 2016.

http://dunyanews.tv/en/Cricket/358382-Govt-officials-express-reservation-over-Pakistan-c

Parliament thinks cricket players doing push-ups after winning promotes negative image of Pakistan
Pakistan-Team-Celebration-Pushups-Lords-Test-2016-Misbah-Ul-Haq-Surfolks-650x356.jpg

.ads_468x60{ display:block; margin:0px auto 30px; width:468px; height:60px; }

LAHORE – A parliamentary committee on Wednesday raised concerns over cricket players doing push-ups to celebrate victories adding the method promotes negative image of Pakistan.

The push-ups issue was raised by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz MNA Rana Afzal during the meeting. Another law maker Chaudhary Nazeer Ahmad said players should perform Nafl (supererogatory prayers) or do Sajdas (Prostrate) rather than doing push-ups.

PML-N legislator opined that cricket was “a gentleman’s game” and the act of doing push-ups does not reflect the caliber of the sport.

The lawmaker urged the need for revisiting the policy of doing push-ups after the victory.

PCB official Najam Sethi who also attended the meeting responded to the concerns of Rana Afzal and expressed that it happened only during the England tour.

Sethi responded that Misbah had performed the push-ups to exhibit his fitness after completing a century, which was later followed by other players. He assured that cricketers would not do push-ups again.

The unique idea of celebrating victory was started by Test captain Misbahul Haq, who performed push-ups at Lord’s after his first ton of English soil.

Misbah later said: “The celebrations were nothing to do with England, only a gesture for those we worked with.” referring to Army officials who trained green shirts.

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/pak...-winning-promotes-negative-image-of-pakistan/

@WAJsal , @Zibago ,@django , @Moonlight , @Tipu7 , @The Sandman , @Zarvan , @waz , @Windjammer , @shah1398 , @Ulla , @ghazi52 , @Muhammad Omar , @MastanKhan

Edit: Just one more thought for the Great Govt of all times " Trial all the Players under article 6" They should be make(made) an example

Actually there are hell lot of Darbaris of NS who ll say anything, do anything, to get the words "Mugambo Khush Huwa". They wud damn care if their actions are harming any National Institution or Cause. Its their only purpose they were born in this world and thats what we are seeing.

What next? Ban 'Sajda' as a celebration for any feat as it might offend some politicians who doesn't believe there is a God and are busy looting and plundering with impunity

That is WAY too low for the government to be doing the very next day when we lost 61 of our finest men

I see it extension of Psy Ops. The only good feeling Pakistanis were getting was from test team's cricket ground and they have stained that as well

I think you should re-read my words, players are not people. Even in a recent hockey event some Youthias were chanting go Nawaz go during the match but are the spectators chants given a fck? No. Fan or not, you should try using common sense. Spectator is not the player mind and understand the difference.
you lost me as well
I was only reminiscing an invent in the past in the same context difference being that it was not the players

yes I agree that players should avoid petty politics.. but in this current controversy of Push ups and salutes has actually butthurt some lower tier Nawaz league members who know their place in the hierarchy is always to serve their masters and they will never be elevated in the party position because they dont have Sherif sir name but they are making this disgruntled noise to please the emperor.

this is the emperor who sacks a DSP over getting delayed by a minute or two if he doesnt halt the entire Lahore traffic in the honour and grace of His Impressiveness ... these push ups no matter how innocent or done in light jest are seen as treacherous and unacceptable..

long live the House of Sherifs... the Emperor of Raiwand

Just shows how much nawaz feels threatened by his own shadows. If he is this much paranoid about push ups then imagine if someone tell him about current affairs.
he might have that person lashed and locked up
he is pretty much an emperor and doesn't like being told or displeased
he sacked a DSP protocol officer for leading his motorcade to a wrong turn costing 2 minutes of wait.
wait for it.. as the time passes he will have people executed for treason.. after all some habits of his monarch hosts have to rub off on him. and his close friendship with Modi also helps with hating their common hated enemy i.e Pakistan military.

yeah right . when the head was appointed by PMLN with no cricketing experience, no management experience and who spell venom against army every day . that was the merits for selection sethi

Najam Sethi is corrupt to the core, a master juwariya. Is there any more merit that you need than this for PML-N?

you lost me as well
I was only reminiscing an invent in the past in the same context difference being that it was not the players

yes I agree that players should avoid petty politics.. but in this current controversy of Push ups and salutes has actually butthurt some lower tier Nawaz league members who know their place in the hierarchy is always to serve their masters and they will never be elevated in the party position because they dont have Sherif sir name but they are making this disgruntled noise to please the emperor.

this is the emperor who sacks a DSP over getting delayed by a minute or two if he doesnt halt the entire Lahore traffic in the honour and grace of His Impressiveness ... these push ups no matter how innocent or done in light jest are seen as treacherous and unacceptable..
Why is it that you always lose me on simple questions? Maybe because you don't want to get in an akward position? Its not about players shouldn't, they never do politics. They represent the whole country, not a political party nor a specific institution. And that's why you see Sindhis, Baloch, Hazara and all small big communities support them despite having no representation in the team. Because the only entity attached with the players is Pakistan, nothing else. Even the push ups were with only the intention of gratitude to the trainers.But the way these push ups were hijacked using media for marketing by the invisible hand. If not then perhaps you should be comfortable to explain the example I shared.
Regarding that DSP, I don't know about that incident but what I know of is this
http://www.dawn.com/news/1016277

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom