What's new

PCB bars players from doing push-ups after match wins

hehehehehehehehe but but butttttttttttt ddddddddddddddddd Chirryaaaaaaaaaaa Wala said today that there is no ban on push ups. shukar ha push up k sath zanana tag nahi lagaya Muslim League walon nay

Lol...These bunch of jokers has nothing else to do... I think players should shout "Dekho dekho kon aya sher aya sher aya" after winning. Parilament should investigate may be General Rizwan , Pasha or Zahir ulislam is behind this.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has barred players from performing push-ups as part of their celebration after winning matches, PCB Executive Committee Chairman Najam Sethi told a National Assembly committee on Wednesday.

Sethi's revelation came as lawmakers raised questions during a meeting of the Inter-Provincial Coordination Committee over the cricket team performing push-ups after victory in international matches.

The press-ups were first performed by skipper Misbah-ul-Haq when he completed his century on the opening day of the first Test against England in July, and the gesture was repeated by the entire team upon their victory at Lord's.

"Who were Misbah-ul-Haq and other players giving a message to by doing push-ups?" asked Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) MNA Rana Muhammad Afzal.

He wondered why the players did push-ups when the team won and were silent when it lost.

Read: Misbah says ‘no disrespect’ in press-up routine

Another PML-N MNA, Chaudhary Nazeer Ahmad, opined that while physical movement was a healthy activity, "it would have been better if the players offered nawafil (special prayers) instead of doing press-ups on the victory".

PCB's Sethi responded that Misbah had performed the push-ups to show off his fitness after completing a century, which was later followed by other players.

The players had done press-ups to following their pre-tour boot camp with the Pakistan Army but "this activity has been stopped now", he told the committee.

Misbah-ul-Haq's side went on an army boot camp before the tour to improve their infamously poor fitness, and senior batsman Younis Khan led the squad in performing a routine of press-ups followed by a military-style salute in front of the ground's famous Pavilion.

"That was my promise to the army guys," Misbah had said at a press conference after the match, referring to the unusual celebration.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1292388

The reason why I didn't post it in the cricket section is bcz this highlights a huge social issue.

The constant hatred and fear our lawmakers especially PMLN have for the army that a simple celebration Became a debate for the lawmakers when pakistan is suffering from

Lack of political reforms
Lack of tax reforms
Lack of economic reforms
Lack of legal reforms
Lack of police reforms
Energy crisis
Gas crisis
Terrorism
Economy
International affairs
And various other issues

But apparently players push ups is a huge threat to democracy. Is this not obsession? Is this not madness?

@WAJsal @Zibago @django @Rashid Mahmood @Irfan Baloch
This video would clear some misconceptions. PCB did not barred players from push ups.

Maybe they should count launderd money instead to pay respect to our civilians. It is very pathetic to see that PMLN has so much hatred for its own country men

upload_2016-10-27_0-6-30.png

Looks so stupid, any sportsman worth its salt should be/must be able to do 60+ as a routine exercise

Why he wonders? Remember Inzi & Afridi, when they won match, they says "Thanks to Allah", but losing match ,they don't say anything.
While, this is true, its looks annoying when they do push ups.

aOk3K.jpg

FB_IMG_1470332656785-400x272.jpg

misbah1.jpg

images

PCB should ban them doing this.

If the Pakistan wins they do push ups.

Do they do sit ups when they lose? I do not think Pakistan army would like to take the blame for the team's loss.

Last edited:
people did lol I remember during Sri Lanka and India Match in Lahore people were chanting PM Nawaz Sharif and it was really making PPP angry adn PTV continued to mute the chants

back then I was stalwart Nawaz fan
I think you should re-read my words, players are not people. Even in a recent hockey event some Youthias were chanting go Nawaz go during the match but are the spectators chants given a fck? No. Fan or not, you should try using common sense. Spectator is not the player mind and understand the difference.

Baboons are more interested in pushups by players than the conflict at our borders
Pushups sey jamhoriyat ko khatra hay
Hey guys don't start chasing every rat the govt and bubble BUTT's media cell releases every now and then. It is another attempt to divert nation's attention from Panama Leaks

14724439_1095116490537491_522970275630307191_n.jpg

As I recall, these "push-ups" were merely a gesture of appreciation towards Pak Army for bringing the fitness of the team to a higher standards...I am not able to understand WHY only PML-N finds it "not suited" for the game...plus don't they have other more critical matters to sort out...seriously please someone give this PML-N Senator Mr. Rana Fazl a fresh re-"boot" which might help him re-focus on issues of higher priority.

Last edited:
Has Pakistan team EVER chanted a political slogan on victory or defeat?
Who was the PM of Pakistan in 1992 when we won 4 world cups? was there any political chants by players after winning the WCs?

So now Pakistan Army is a political party and a rival of PML-N?

I think in other countries the celebrities go visit the Army camps to cheer their troops (Our neighboring country's cricket captain "Dhoni" is an honorary Military officer by the way), US celebrities visited Afghanistan and performed for their troops there ............... So what is the big deal if Pakistan's Cricket captain salutes and does some push ups just to honor trainers of his team back home?

Showing gratitude in anyway to my mentor is a political move now?

So now Pakistan Army is a political party and a rival of PML-N?

I think in other countries the celebrities go visit the Army camps to cheer their troops (Our neighboring country's cricket captain "Dhoni" is an honorary Military officer by the way), US celebrities visited Afghanistan and performed for their troops there ............... So what is the big deal if Pakistan's Cricket captain salutes and does some push ups just to honor trainers of his team back home?

Showing gratitude in anyway to my mentor is a political move now?
I would suggest you read my previous posts as well to understand the context.

I would suggest you read my previous posts as well to understand the context.

Okay I have read all your posts (again) .................... and my suggestion is please do defend them where it is justified but stop defending their childish insecure harkaaat. This one is simply non sense and anyone defending non sense ........ well!!!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom