What's new

PCB bars players from doing push-ups after match wins

Its more about owning both rather than what you're saying. Push ups were not bad but the way the victory was depicted as a result of sole factor by certain sections of media made it a controversial issue.
1103637651-1.jpg

1103637651-2.gif
\
See the headline and how it just concluded leadership Ex-COAS in just one last line.
My god:hitwall:. Should this even be a priority, i mean we just had a terrorist attack yesterday. 61 innocent lives were lost. This government and it's priorities are misplaced.
That's the most stupidest news i heard today... Focus on Terrorism instead of counting push ups of Cricket team... 60 guys died just 2 days ago and Parliaments focus is on Players doing push ups... PATHETIC
Thank you, finally a sane comment. We are doing politics in everything...

"He wondered why the players did push-ups when the team won and were silent when it lost?"
if they had raised slogans against PTI when lost then it would have pleased him and then give permission to do the push ups ... maybe thats what they will do
the guy is 3rd time PM and longest in power from CM to PM but still has the mentality of a 8 year old spoilt brat of a rich guy. he and his family will rule us till the end of time.. he should come out of these petty issues but then again .. its these petty issues that make the great emperors ... the scribes and historians will write a very fitting and pleasing history in his honour for our coming generations

My god:hitwall:. Should this even be a priority, i mean we just had a terrorist attack yesterday. 61 innocent lives were lost. This government and it's priorities are misplaced..
Najam sethi was summoned for what? to discuss national security?

if they had raised slogans against PTI when lost then it would have pleased him and then give permission to do the push ups ... maybe thats what they will do
the guy is 3rd time PM and longest in power from CM to PM but still has the mentality of a 8 year old spoilt brat of a rich guy. he and his family will rule us till the end of time.. he should come out of these petty issues but then again .. its these petty issues that make the great emperors ... the scribes and historians will write a very fitting and pleasing history in his honour for our coming generations
I think it was the work of skilled Media team under our princess Mariam Nawaz. I hope this post doesn't violate cyber crime law. I'm an outlaw now:o:...

Has Pakistan team EVER chanted a political slogan on victory or defeat?
Who was the PM of Pakistan in 1992 when we won 4 world cups? was there any political chants by players after winning the WCs?

Really!! seems the Senate Standing Committee didn't have better agenda for the day. The lawmakers may did it to highlight the Committee in media as no one pays any attention to these clowns.

Then Najam Sethi tweets. Right after the meeting he tweets, Seems they done it intentionally.

Hello all
LMAO , What a country we are and what a funny Democracy we have.:woot::woot::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Democracy is not in danger when there is no law and order , no jobs , no business , no income , less and very bad Agriculture sector extremely poor industry , almost zero health facilities etc , etc,
List is way to Long ,

But surely Democracy is in Danger if our Players do some Push-Ups and saluting.

کھلاڑی پش اپس لگا کر کس کو پیغام دے رہے ہیں، حکومتی ارکان کا تحفظات کا اظہار
358393_83771970.jpg

پاکستان کرکٹ بورڈ کی ایگزیکٹو کمیٹی کے چیئرمین نجم سیٹھی کا کہنا تھا کہ پی سی بی نے کھلاڑیوں کو پش اپس کرنے سے روک دیا ہے اور اب ٹیم میں پش اپس کا سلسلہ بند ہو گیا ہے
اسلام آباد (دنیا نیوز)حکومت کو پاکستان کرکٹ ٹیم کے جشن کا انداز بھی پسند نہ آیا۔ سیاستدانوں کو قومی ٹیم کے جیت کی خوشی میں پش اپس لگانے میں سازش نظر آنے لگی ہے ۔ قومی اسمبلی کی قائمہ کمیٹی برائے بین الصوبائی رابطہ کے اجلاس میں حکومتی رکن رانا افضل نے قومی کھلاڑیوں کے پش اپس لگانے پر اعتراض کرتے ہوئے کہا کہ کھلاڑی جیت کر تو پش اپس لگاتے ہیں لیکن ہارنے پر خاموش کیوں ہو جاتے ہیں ۔ ان کا کہنا تھا کہ کھلاڑی پش اپس لگا کر کس کو پیغام دے رہے ہیں ۔ پاکستان کرکٹ بورڈ کی ایگزیکٹو کمیٹی کے چیئرمین نجم سیٹھی کا کہنا تھا کہ قومی ٹیم کے کھلاڑیوں نے کاکول میں پاک فوج سے تربیت حاصل کی اور پش اپس کا مقصد پاک فوج کو خراج عقیدت پیش کرنا تھا جب کہ مصباح الحق نے سنچری بنانے کے بعد اپنی فٹنس ثابت کرنے کے لئے پش اپس لگائے اور دیگر کھلاڑیوں نے انہیں فالو کیا لیکن اب کھلاڑیوں کے پش اپس لگانے پر پابندی لگا دی گئی ہے ۔ ان کا کہنا تھا کہ پاکستان سپر لیگ کی ڈرا فٹنگ تقریب میں کئی کور کمانڈرز کو بھی مدعو کیا گیا، لیکن انہوں نے شرکت نہیں کی ۔ کورکمانڈرز کراچی نے کہا کہ پی ایس ایل کو کراچی لے آئیں سکیورٹی ہم دینگے ۔ آئرلینڈ کو پاکستان لانے کی بات کی تو وزیر اعظم نے کہا کہ آپ کو اندر کی بہت سی باتوں کا نہیں پتا، دیکھ بھال کر فیصلے کریں ۔ Have you ever seen a celebration like this?! #EngvPak https://t.co/bbGH9lfMpG — England Cricket (@englandcricket) July 14, 2016 واضح رہے کہ پاکستان کرکٹ میں پش اپ لگانے کا سلسلہ اُس وقت شروع ہوا جب قومی ٹیسٹ کرکٹ ٹیم کے کپتان مصباح الحق نے انگلینڈ کے لارڈز کرکٹ گراؤنڈ پر پہلے ٹیسٹ میچ میں شاندار سنچری کے بعد سیلیوٹ کر کے 10 پُش اپس لگائے تھے ۔ مصباح کے پش اپ کے بعد دیگر کھلاڑیوں نے بھی ان کو فالو کرتے ہوئے پش اپ لگائے ۔

Govt officials express reservation over Pakistan cricketers' push-ups
Last Updated On 26 October,2016 02:03 pm
358382_97507662.jpg

Najam Sethi said that the players have been stopped from push-ups to avoid further reaction.
ISLAMABAD (Dunya News / AFP) – The matter of cricketers’ victory push-ups has been echoed in the session of Senate Standing Committee on Sports after which the players have been barred from carrying out the move further.

Rana Afzal, a member of National Assembly, raised question that why players remain silent over defeat and do push-ups on victory.

To whom they are conveying message by such actions, he asked.

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Executive Committee Najam Sethi assured that players will not celebrate victories with push-ups anymore.

He said Misbah set this trend to mark the win which was later followed by other players.

Test skipper Misbah performed several press-ups by smashing century against England at Lord’s on July 15, 2016.

"I promised the army personel I would do the push-ups if I got a century," Misbah told reporters after stumps.

The team also celebrated their triumph over England in the first Test at Lord‘s with a series of press-ups.

After Misbah, one-day international captain Azhar Ali also did press-ups on hitting triple century against West Indies in first Test on October 15, 2016.

http://dunyanews.tv/en/Cricket/358382-Govt-officials-express-reservation-over-Pakistan-c

Parliament thinks cricket players doing push-ups after winning promotes negative image of Pakistan
Pakistan-Team-Celebration-Pushups-Lords-Test-2016-Misbah-Ul-Haq-Surfolks-650x356.jpg

.ads_468x60{ display:block; margin:0px auto 30px; width:468px; height:60px; }

LAHORE – A parliamentary committee on Wednesday raised concerns over cricket players doing push-ups to celebrate victories adding the method promotes negative image of Pakistan.

The push-ups issue was raised by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz MNA Rana Afzal during the meeting. Another law maker Chaudhary Nazeer Ahmad said players should perform Nafl (supererogatory prayers) or do Sajdas (Prostrate) rather than doing push-ups.

PML-N legislator opined that cricket was “a gentleman’s game” and the act of doing push-ups does not reflect the caliber of the sport.

The lawmaker urged the need for revisiting the policy of doing push-ups after the victory.

PCB official Najam Sethi who also attended the meeting responded to the concerns of Rana Afzal and expressed that it happened only during the England tour.

Sethi responded that Misbah had performed the push-ups to exhibit his fitness after completing a century, which was later followed by other players. He assured that cricketers would not do push-ups again.

The unique idea of celebrating victory was started by Test captain Misbahul Haq, who performed push-ups at Lord’s after his first ton of English soil.

Misbah later said: “The celebrations were nothing to do with England, only a gesture for those we worked with.” referring to Army officials who trained green shirts.

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/pak...-winning-promotes-negative-image-of-pakistan/

@WAJsal , @Zibago ,@django , @Moonlight , @Tipu7 , @The Sandman , @Zarvan , @waz , @Windjammer , @shah1398 , @Ulla , @ghazi52 , @Muhammad Omar , @MastanKhan

Edit: Just one more thought for the Great Govt of all times " Trial all the Players under article 6" They should be make(made) an example
Najam sethi has denied this i think

I think it was the work of skilled Media team under our princess Mariam Nawaz. I hope this post doesn't violate cyber crime law. I'm an outlaw now:o:...
she will rule us with benevolence and kindness as long as we dont delay her order or we will be bundled up and beaten like a plump just like that Bakery staff guy was beaten who dared to tell her that bakery was closing and her order couldnt be fulfilled as she wanted

you see... real and great leaders get to their stardom by stepping on the faces of the mere mortals and insignificant people like us.. this is what makes them great and as the crums fall from their mouths and clothes .. they attract their fans who feast on these left overs and then growl as us and keep us in line and do away with us if we displease our emperors .. watch the hostility of some posters from domestic and foreign front who are shocked at my audacity to question the awesomeness of Saudi foreign policy and its fruit flavour colouring our streets, mosques, bazars, universities, hostels , busses , offices .. although they can check with the intel reports of the civilian agencies like FIA and Intelligence Bureau that state that our debandi madrassahs and some radicals like Red mosque still continue to receive the donations from "overseas Muslim friends"

Has Pakistan team EVER chanted a political slogan on victory or defeat?
Who was the PM of Pakistan in 1992 when we won 4 world cups? was there any political chants by players after winning the WCs?
but people did lol I remember during Sri Lanka and India Match in Lahore people were chanting PM Nawaz Sharif and it was really making PPP angry adn PTV continued to mute the chants

back then I was stalwart Nawaz fan

Your all posts are pro NS ,,, are you on his payroll ???

I have nothing to do With PMLN.

On another thread you were advocating that we are in war and should not have Dharnas ...
Because i do care about civilians. I don't want to see bloodshed in the country. Also Dharnas will hit our economy hard.

Bro just one question,,, It is there personnel choice how they celebrate ,,, Who are you to ban anything ???
It's not about personal choice, don't do these things , It is annoying.

Why are they discussing these petty matters???
It doesn't take much time to talk in this matter. It was just 1min discussion.

Secondly these PML-Ns dogs are done with terrorism, poverty, unemployment and other issues ?
No doubt, they have few terrorists sitting in parliament, i.e Abid raza kotli from gujrat NA107, He belongs to LEJ, Also He is involved in many murders including murder of former MNA farooq. Nawaz sharif is only concerned with votes, and he can do anything for seat. Even with 2/3rd majority he has "darbari " in lines, likes of fazul rehman a, Mahmud achakzai which is mouth piece of Nawaz sharif, and they talk against army,. On, one hand Fazul ur rehman says, We are doing more cruelty with fata as india is doing in Kashmir, while Achakzai is Anti' pakistan from 1st day . While his brother is governor of Baluchistan.
As i said, Nawaz sharif doesn't care about anything as long as they support nawaz sharif and support his hand to ensure his permanent seat.

Hey guys don't start chasing every rat the govt and bubble BUTT's media cell releases every now and then. It is another attempt to divert nation's attention from Panama Leaks

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom