What's new

PayPal or a "similar platform" could launch in Pakistan soon

Strike X

Reaction score
Even though PayPal is heavily used around the globe in order to complete transactions and other forms of payments, it is still unavailable in numerous countries, including Pakistan. Now, it appears that the newly-formed government of Pakistan is working to bring PayPal or a similar payment platform to Pakistan soon.

In a interview with local media channel 92 News HD Plus, Pakistan's finance minister Asad Umer stated that the government is working hard to bring PayPal or an "online platform similar to PayPal" within the next 3-4 months. According to the official, he recently held a meeting with a company which offers an alternative platform to PayPal regarding offering their services in Pakistan. However, since the talks appears to be in early stages, he did not reveal the name of this firm.

He went on to say that due to Pakistan's struggling economy, yet vast untapped potential in the youth, it is of vital importance that an online payment platform launches in the country in order to aid the influx of cash that Pakistanis earn in freelancing and other remote jobs.

PayPal not being supported in Pakistan has always been a highly debated topic in the country as it results in difficulties in securing remote jobs and other freelancing opportunities offered abroad. Many people, especially freelancers and "work for hire" employees (such as yours truly), have been clamoring for it over the past several years. With the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) political party coming into power for the first time since its formation 22 years ago, many have been hoping that they deliver on their promises, which now also include launching an international online payment platform in Pakistan, perhaps even PayPal.

Source: https://www.neowin.net/news/paypal-or-a-similar-platform-could-launch-in-pakistan-soon

what a shame we are list with these countries .

Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Cote D'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea), Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Monaco, Moldova, Montenegro, Myanmar, Pakistan, Paraguay, Saint Lucia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Timor-Leste, Uzbekistan and Zimbabwe.

ye kal malick k program me Asad umer ne kaha tha. Abb dekho kiya hota hai...

what a shame we are list with these countries .

Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Cote D'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea), Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Monaco, Moldova, Montenegro, Myanmar, Pakistan, Paraguay, Saint Lucia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Timor-Leste, Uzbekistan and Zimbabwe.

Bangladesh already have Paypal Now.

Paypal will not come in Pakistan. It would be AliPay if there is alternative.

we are really very low then
It's more like Paypal policies and Influence of US govt on PayPal.

We are already on FATF so how will PayPal come in Pakistan knowing US govt is not in our side.

Paypal is better and it is very popular.

You can place an order via Paypal almost on any websites.

Paypal is recommended!

I know many people in the west want to work with Freelancers but they can't because Paypal is not supported in Pakistan. It is possible with other payment method but it is not easy. They don't want to register with another payment provider. If you got Paypal - job done, you are hired to work as Freelancer!!!

Without Paypal your freelancers can't compete with others. Since all major websites operate Paypal and thus that is the most convenient and recommended method of payment. Thus, if you aren't on Paypal you aren't gonna get any business.

It's more like Paypal policies and Influence of US govt on PayPal.

Please don't misguide people here. Paypal is not supported in Bangladesh.

https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/country-worldwide

Paypal will not come in Pakistan. It would be AliPay if there is alternative.

Alipay is not a direct alternative to paypal. Though both operate worldwide but Alipay is mostly used in Asian countries, where as pay pal is used in European countries+ US. Pakistan's Software + IT priority is the west for this, so we need a payment option that is easily available to the west.

Accessibility is the issue here, though there are ways to transfer from Paypal to Alipay but those are third party options.

he is lying or he just simply doesn't know. Bangladesh doesn't have it.

it should be done years ago .
Yar It will bring too much comfort, today i was thinking to add funds in Nintendo switch for online paid access, but now I will find other long route. :devil::hitwall:
Using android when I was in Saudi Arabia I had to use STC sim to buy apps .
Look even Bangladesh has Access to PayPal. We just had backward politicians, they just know how to access porrrrn sites, or watching YouTube Bollywood songs:hitwall::hitwall:

Yar It will bring too much comfort, today i was thinking to add funds in Nintendo switch for online paid access, but now I will find other long route. :devil::hitwall:
Using android when I was in Saudi Arabia I had to use STC sim to buy apps .
Look even Bangladesh has Access to PayPal. We just had backward politicians, they just know how to access porrrrn sites, or watching YouTube Bollywood songs:hitwall::hitwall:
can you use VISA or master cards for international payments from Pakistan ?

Please don't misguide people here. Paypal is not supported in Bangladesh.

Alipay is not a direct alternative to paypal. Though both operate worldwide but Alipay is mostly used in Asian countries, where as pay pal is used in European countries+ US. Pakistan's Software + IT priority is the west for this, so we need a payment option that is easily available to the west.

Accessibility is the issue here, though there are ways to transfer from Paypal to Alipay but those are third party options.

he is lying or he just simply doesn't know. Bangladesh doesn't have it.

sir ji phir bhi wo hamara masla nhi hai ke bangladesh ke pass hai ya nhi but humary pass hona chayee kai gay guzry mulkoon main hai

You need paypal. It will make business transactions so much easier too. I don't know what this alipay nonsense is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom