What's new

Patria to unveil new vehicle concept at DSEI 2013

Vanezi

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Patria Oyj is going to present a new vehicle concept at the DSEI in london on the 10th of september, no details on the type of vehicle it will be. Patria will also show ELINT and data link systems.

Okay, good for them. No one really cares until this actually happens, so it's pointless to post about it until then.

Patria.

Almost in every country they've won corruption scandals erupted soon after.

Okay, good for them. No one really cares until this actually happens, so it's pointless to post about it until then.

You mean, just like all those announcement of forthcoming systems we see emanating from Iran ;-)

Really? Like when? I'm seriously curious.

I exagerated a bit, but nevertheless it's quite a history, though a lot of it stems from their competition which are big multinationals like General Dynamics Land Division.
Patria is a very small company compared to them. The big multinationals ofcourse receive help from their governments (soft persuasion to would be buyers) , while Patria can't expect much help from their government because it ofcourse doesn't have the clout. So, i guess, they figured they'd win with a bit of old fashioned bribery. :P

More about their competition with General Dynamics is here: European war between General Dynamics and Patria

Article below is written by a Finnish investigative journalist that exposed some of it:

The history of Patria is not free from alleged corruption affairs. In 1999 Patria sold seven 155 mm field guns to Egypt. The idea was to start the production of the guns in Egypt under a license. In last year the adviser of Patria in this deal, a retired artillery colonel, claimed in a newspaper interview that Patria had ordered him to keep silent of all the several defects of the gun. He also stated that the local agent received a considerable “commission”, which was shared by some directors of the license company.

Patria has naturally denied all the charges. The Finnish police authorities are now investigating the claimed bribery in Egypt and also Patria´s claim that the colonel has “disclosed a business secret”. The third ongoing investigation concerning Patria is the case of alleged bribery in Slovenia to advance the selling of AMV-vehicles, which, of course is also under investigation in Slovenia. Patria refers to the statement of Slovenia´s defense minister that the process was transparent and legal.

The biggest arms export deal of Finland so far is the export of 690 AMV-vehicles to Poland. In Poland claims of serious defects of vehicles were presented, but they did not lead to a process. The Finns who had followed the developments stated that the information about alleged defects was invented by American competitors.

Patria´s reputation was also in danger seven years in South Africa, when EADS (European Aerospace Defence and Space Company) was involved in a big bribery scandal in South Africa. EADS had just bought 26,8 % of Patria´s shares. EADS could however clean itself against allegations.

Finnish arms trade, corruption and Patria « razgledi.net

Four former employees of the Finnish state-owned defence equipment manufacturer, the Patria Group, have been suspected of corruption in a sales deal for armoured vehicles sold to Croatia, Finnish media reported on Thursday.

Four Patria employees suspected of shady deals with Croatia - Daily - tportal.hr

Here it is, pretty much upgraded AMV.
RbYXmJe.jpg

Patria has decades of experience in armoured wheeled vehicles and the products are under continuous development and fitted with the latest technology. The new vehicle concept has many unique features e.g.

Flexibility through modularity – It has a modular vehicle architecture allowing easy adaptation to various roles and providing built-in growth potential for future customer requirements.

Payload efficiency – 13 ton payload at 30 ton gross vehicle weight provides the needed payload capacity without sacrificing the off-road mobility.

Superior performance – Based on combat proven solution with upgraded power line and a new integrated terrain control system.

Protected future – Modular, tailorable protection solutions match the threats and can also be easily upgraded in the future.

Firepower to match – It is an ideal platform for weapon systems up to 120 mm including also Patria Nemo 120 mm mortar system.

Ready for 21st century soldier – Electrical power output, connectivity and ergonomics are designed for the needs of future soldier systems.
Patria - News

Somethings wrong with my internet, havent been able to log in for a while, and cant see any notifications... But enough with that, i seriously laughed at the "camo" on the vehicle, looked like some green flame/lighting pattern at first :D Overall the vehicle looks very neat, could be a good replacement for the aging XA-185/203s, and as we only bought 62 AMVs (pretty sad number), we could use modern APCs

I exagerated a bit, but nevertheless it's quite a history, though a lot of it stems from their competition which are big multinationals like General Dynamics Land Division.
Patria is a very small company compared to them. The big multinationals ofcourse receive help from their governments (soft persuasion to would be buyers) , while Patria can't expect much help from their government because it ofcourse doesn't have the clout. So, i guess, they figured they'd win with a bit of old fashioned bribery. :P

More about their competition with General Dynamics is here: European war between General Dynamics and Patria

Article below is written by a Finnish investigative journalist that exposed some of it:

Finnish arms trade, corruption and Patria « razgledi.net

Four Patria employees suspected of shady deals with Croatia - Daily - tportal.hr

huh, good to know. I think they'd be better off selling to smaller nations with limited budgets. It'd be easier for them to win contracts, and not have to deal with major competition, which means that no more bribes will be necessary.

Back
Top Bottom