What's new

Pashtuns: Aryans or the lost tribe of Israel

They are generally very poor people, hygiene might not be their first priority, but I think you will agree with me when I say that a large chunk of these afghan pashtun/tribal pashtuns and dards from the mountains have chiseled features, which are considered as a sign of beauty.kudos

The point he raised was regarding hygene not facial features ..

As for poverty nah man.. They are notorious for that.. Trust me on that.. Pak itself has a lot of poverty but we don't have any specific groups who are known for being fil.hy.. Poverty has nothing to do with hygene.. And as I said .. Even in KPK people generally don't even rent kabulis houses for that reason.. Personally I've seen both types .. The dirty ones and educated ones (class fellows at APS) who are now running registered construction companies..

Nah.... everyone to every one's taste. Love everyone. Cleanliness is good friend. Its got nothing to do with beauty. Well i must say we have some really good people especially tswana, pedi, zulus, ethiopians etc. we are blessed in colour and shape.

The best looking blacks are probably the Senegalese or Sudanese .. Or the Tuaregs if they consider them African (by race).

Walwar is also common among Pakhtuns of Balochistan.. Where grooms give money to brides family for wedding and dowry expenses..

Actually he's right .. Afghans aren't known in Pak to be "clean" either .. Although not all .. But in both KPK & Balochistan there is this general stereotype that kabulis/afghans are unhygienic people .. I've seen people refusing to rent houses to them over the same issue.
he is adding insult to poverty as they are incredibly poor and I am sure would like better quality of life like anyone.

Pashtuns should start claiming to be lost tribe and should start claiming land occupied by Israel. :pop:

Lot of these Bani Israel theory articles are suddenly popping up these days, some thing is fishy. Just yesterday an Israeli author requested me to comment on his article in which he was trying to establish link between Jews and Pashtuns by shared customs and traditions. He need'nt like my corrections of his article.....Following is link to his article then my corrections
http://www.israelrising.com/the-pashtuns-are-the-tribes-of-israel/

1- We circumcise babies on seveth day after their birth as per Islamic tradition, not on 8th day.

2- No custom of lightening candles before Saturday exists in Pakhtunkhwa.

3- We do eat fish which is a sea creature, though in our parts the source of fish are rivers. Crabs, lobsters etc are generally not available in Pakhtunkhwa and adjecnet regions as we are not in contact with sea, its simply not part of our cuisine or of any landlocked region like Punjab, Kashmir , Tajikistan etc. Horse is haram in Islam. About camel, yes its spared even though its halal, its because its a animal of transport for them, particularly for Kochis who constantly travel on camels....but some people do eat it, there is no custom of forbiddingness of eating camel meat among Pashtuns.

4- The days of week are called after numbers among Pashtuns, thats true.

5- About Kippah cap of jews..........i think Muslims all around the word keep cap on their heads during prayers. There are two main types of headwear among Pashtuns, 1- Pakol, which is most probably an influence from Dardic and Pamiri people, and 2- Distinct Pashtun style Turban, which has unique patterns depending upon the tribe. Jews dont wear turbans

6- Pashtun brides dont break a glass on their weddings, at least i have not observed it

7- Pashtun girls dont grow hair on temples like this. In the past, and even today among many tribes , Pashtun maidens used to make part of their hair into fine plaits over the forehead and tied with a brooch and rest is tied in a single plait at the back. Beside Pashtun males do not grow hairs into two braids on temples like Jews

8- About names, Yousaf is an Islamic name (Prophet Josef), Sher means tiger and is inspiration from Sher Khan ,Pashtun King (In Yiddish it means scissors) , Sahar means morning and its girls name. Timur name is inspiration from famous Tatar Amir Timur. Never heard of Pashtuns with names kenan and Tamir. You are connecting Lewani with Lewi but in Pashto Lewanaey means mad person...while google says that hebrew word Lewi means 'united'. Rabbani is not unique Pashtun name , that you must have heard of Rabbani of Afghanistan, he was a Tajik. its derived from Arabic 'Rab', it means divine. Google says that Reuven means "Look ...a son"

9- The custom of covering doors with blood of slaughtered animals, we dont do that, we are not pagans (I think its custom of Kalash people).

Walwar is also common among Pakhtuns of Balochistan.. Where grooms give money to brides family for wedding and dowry expenses..

Actually he's right .. Afghans aren't known in Pak to be "clean" either .. Although not all .. But in both KPK & Balochistan there is this general stereotype that kabulis/afghans are unhygienic people .. I've seen people refusing to rent houses to them over the same issue.
The custom of Walwar is also practiced by Hazaras, Tajiks , Uzbeks and all the central Asian people, with different names. Many of the Pashtun customs and practices lean towards Central Asia rather than India.

Last edited:
They dont have to, there were 10 different tribes that could've been very different from each other ethnically. Like the Canaanites.
You should check out other thread. It has been discussed in etail. Same person who floated this theory negated it later on.

Back
Top Bottom