What's new

Parts of exploded AIM-120 AMRAAM (27 Feb) revealed

a) I *assume* the norm is to give the "kill" to pilot who is engaged in the skirmish, even if the opposing aircraft is bought down by ground fire.
Not the norm as far as I'm aware. Including other airforces(from other countries)...I'm not aware of any incident where a kill was awarded to a fighter pilot when the kill actually occured due to ground fire.
b) Even the then IAF chief said that since Abhinandan was the only one in the area, he is given the "kill".
Not a good measure. The way airforces award a kill to a pilot...is when it is a verified kill. If there is doubt...I have never seen an award given over it like Abhinandan was awarded.
c) Informed members here can clarify as to who will be given "kill" when there is an engagement between 2 aircraft, but the ground fire bought down one of them.
Yes let's hear it if there are any such examples...or if it is something odd never done before.
I guess you missed those posts that I was referring to. BTW - you are the second Pak pdfer (who claims to be reading posts for sometime) who missed those posts. @Oscar is part of that thread. @Oscar - please clarify.
If there were such posts...I must have missed them. I actually have been reading/keeping up ever since the Feb events...
...not just claiming to have read it. I have nothing to prove to anyone here...just saying it like it is.
It is fine if you believe IAF is lying about F-16 kill. Actually, I am also Ok if there is no F-16 kill.
I'm saying it bcuz the PAF's statement about no F16 shot down...
...was corroborated by US journalist saying all of them are accounted for...and pictures of all of Abhinandan's jet's missiles intact.
The Indian claim was shaky to begin with...and these evidences were the final nail in the coffin. Any Indian member still sticking with IAF's claim...has no solid reason to continue doing so...except perhaps a leap of faith. India or some OSINT source has yet to release some solid proof regarding that.
Abhinandan displayed bravery + courage, which is important & enough for me. Particularly, Abhinandan is from a neighbouring state in south india (doubly proud of him).
He did as was his duty...nothing wrong with that. He got hit and captured...it happens to soldiers in war. He kept his word...about not changing the story as he presented in the video(while he was a POW) after he was released to India...
...that's commendable. However IMO he should have declined to accept the award for shooting an F16 to keep consistent with his word. In his own words he was looking for a target...his professionalism/credibility/honor would take a serious hit when more details emerge about this skirmish.
But I worry - if IAF gave award to Abhinandan on a lie, that will be big reason for worry, as that indicates falling standards. However, I believe it is impossible in India to hide a lie, that too with the leftist media that we have.

You might disagree.
Indian media generally tends to only feed to its ppl what they happily consume. There were initial reports of a Su30 MKI being downed...that was reported in Indian media. Then u find no mention of it anywhere...no newspapers, no news channels, no blogs. Yet u will find a ton of stories "detailing" a "dogfight" between Abhinandan's Mig21 and an F16...citing unnamed IAF personnel. Then there was the shameless hordes of Indians who went after that journalist of FP after it was revealed that all F16s are accounted for. To counteract...Indian media claimed that they reached out to US officials...and they said that "we are not aware of any such count"...which again is just more claims of Indian media...with dubious credibility...
...and just to drive the point home...I would like to mention the "audio call" that was supposedly aired on Indian media as proof(for the supposed surgical strikes) saying "bum fattay". No Pakistani talks like that...Indians think that they can speak Hindi and pass themselves off as Pakistanis...but in reality we(Pakistanis) can spot a Hindi speaker a mile away...
...in conclusion...Indian media has terrible credibility...and it only feeds to its ppl what sells...not all caring for accuracy of facts. All non Indian sources are verifying Pakistani claims thus far(while contradicting Indian claims)...like IAF missing its targets, no F16 shot down, etc. Only Indian sources keep peddling Indian narrative...believe them at ur own peril.

Last edited:
Well you want my current location flag or my proxy location flag . be clear on that . if you want my current location flag then it's what you see if you want the proxy that my network use well it change

Turn of the proxy and share correct flag to share your current true location, if you don't want me to give you a vocation so that you can clearly understand as what I wrote clearly for you.

BTW - I do not believe India can finish off Pakistan as a nation. Not happening. Indians do not want that to happen. Indians want LOC to become border. Pak is not going to get any more kashmir. India has no territory to give to satisfy Pak. That is reality. The day - Pak realises that, south asia will become peaceful.
Does ur leadership know of these amazing revelations? Bcuz it's not just Pakistan claiming IOK...the other half of the equation that u r conveniently leaving out is India laying claim on Pakistan's Kashmir. Ur entire military apparatus is aimed at Pakistan(only until recently u guys have awoken to China...before that it was heavily aimed at Pak). So why not sing the songs of peace to ur government instead of pointing fingers?

Does ur leadership know of these amazing revelations? Bcuz it's not just Pakistan claiming IOK...the other half of the equation that u r conveniently leaving out is India laying claim on Pakistan's Kashmir. Ur entire military apparatus is aimed at Pakistan(only until recently u guys have awoken to China...before that it was heavily aimed at Pak). So why not sing the songs of peace to ur government instead of pointing fingers?

AFAIK - the offer of making LOC as border was given to Zulfiqar Bhutto. He declined. This offer is on table for 50 years now (maybe more).

PS: I would not want to deviate from the topic. Hence, did not bring Nawaz Sharif etc into the post.

AFAIK - the offer of making LOC as border was given to Zulfiqar Bhutto. He declined. This offer is on table for 50 years now (maybe more).

PS: I would not want to deviate from the topic. Hence, did not bring Nawaz Sharif etc into the post.
U brought it up so I'm only countering ur argument bcuz I find it not at all based in reality. Just look at the recent examples of Modi in an effort to paint a "strong man" image...
...Indian army chief making anti Pak statements on multiple occasions, Doval making anti Pak statements, Modi saying we will teach Pak a lesson, and the most recent Indian attempt to bomb Pakistan.

So spare us these sermons that India is peaceful while Pak is the menace that's the cause of hostilities in South Asia...keep it for Indians...who have been lapping up such feel good stuff for generations. I have heard many Indians state that "India has never attacked any country since its existence"...such propaganda doesn't work on ppl who can think for themselves.

I do not agree here.

The person sitting on top is Ajit Doval. I can't believe he allows dishonest / inefficient team anywhere near him.
You may not agree but Modi is extremely efficient + intelligent. India is an extremely complex country to govern. He is doing successfully, and meeting expectations of huge humanity.

BTW - I do not believe India can finish off Pakistan as a nation. Not happening. Indians do not want that to happen. Indians want LOC to become border. Pak is not going to get any more kashmir. India has no territory to give to satisfy Pak. That is reality. The day - Pak realises that, south asia will become peaceful.
We learned our lesson in 1971.
Fool me twice shame on me
Dont give kashmir to us... Just give them independence

Why are going with the PAF version now? PAF said it fired one AMRAAM and shot down an SU30 while IAF said their Sukhoi's dodged 6 AMRAAM. Either produce parts of remaining 5 AMRAAM or accept the full PAF version and admit that an SU30 came down and it took you a year and a half to separate AMRAAM parts fro SU30 debris.

As per PAF only 1 AMRAAM was fired at Su-30s. Though I cannt rule out if more were fired or not.

Your post contain no answer at all. Suggest do as you suggest others.
Claim of su30 kill will remain a claim... till either IAF or PAF come with resonable counter evidence..

We saw how f16 count and AAM count from mig21 refutes a kinda stupid claim of an f16 shot by an inferior aircarft (that was jammed, Outranged and disoriented)

Or how crystal clear satellite images from third country show how balakot strikes were off, either intentional (just like what PAF said for it strikes) or due to complete incompetence

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom