What's new

Paris Under Attack

Funny how the value of life is determined by geography! Why didn't anyone open threads on 43 Lebanese civilians murdered in terrorism two days ago? Yes, all of us should be appalled by this terrorist act, but at the same time don't forget other terrorist acts.

There are many people who are milking this horror for their own political agendas/prejudices at the expense of the dead!

no

it's a different game here in Syria, are they seriously going to invoke article 5 and fight Russia ?

I think not.

The Russian situation in Syria is extremely precarious. They are surrounded by hostile powers and it will very difficult for them to sustain their expeditionary forces in Syria in an openly hostile situation.
What can happen is the Russians will be asked to either accept regime change or balkanization of Syria or be prepared to be probed by Israeli, US, British and French jets.
The French being the victims will be banking on the sympathies of the world for this enterprise.

Now don't get me wrong the Russians are very powerfull and can defend themselves in Russia. But the question they will be asked is, or they prepared to start WW3 for the sake of Syria?

Dear friends,

While it is way too early to come to any conclusions about what really happened in Paris, I want to share the following thought with you: President Hollande has just declared that what took place was an act of war. This, in turn, means that the entire NATO alliance could be called in to respond to this (under Article 5). As for the attackers, already one Syrian passport was found, and witnesses say that one of them screamed “for Syria” before opening fire. In other words, this attack has just given NATO a pretext to intervene in Syria. Last, but not least, the only French aircraft carrier was schedule to leave its port this Wednesday. For the Middle-East, precisely.

Coincidences?

You tell me.

The Saker

Well, you could be reversing cause and effect. i.e. France got attacked precisely because.

As for art 5. it does not give pretext to intervene in Syria. (as you could have deduced from the link you included: Syria is not the North Atlantic area)

Not to sound cynical and excuse my ignorance of this story, they'll soon find passports intact! It is strange why terrorists carry id???

The Russian situation in Syria is extremely precarious. They are surrounded by hostile powers and it will very difficult for them to sustain their expeditionary forces in Syria in an openly hostile situation.
What can happen is the Russians will be asked to either accept regime change or balkanization of Syria or be prepared to be probed by Israeli, US, British and French jets.
The French being the victims will be banking on the sympathies of the world for this enterprise.

Now don't get me wrong the Russians are very powerfull and can defend themselves in Russia. But the question they will be asked is, or they prepared to start WW3 for the sake of Syria?
fluid situation, man.. we'll find out in due course how all this plays out but for now I think it's still advantage Putin/Assad.

So, one attacker has been in Europe/France for a long time, another only very recently?
Apparently that's the case.

1 French, 3 that lived in Belgium, 2 with Syrian passports, and possibly an Egyptian passport.

Well, you could be reversing cause and effect. i.e. France got attacked precisely because.

As for art 5. it does not give pretext to intervene in Syria. (as you could have deduced from the link you included: Syria is not the North Atlantic area)

Yes Syria is not in the North Atlantic, but neither is more than half the countries that are part of NATO. More importantly there is already a precedent for this. Afghanistan 2001.

Read the following.

Frank Taylor, the US Ambassador at Large and Co-ordinator for Counter-terrorism briefed the North Atlantic Council - NATO's top decision-making body- on 2 October on the results of investigations into the 11 September terrorist attacks against the United States. As a result of the information he provided to the Council, it has been clearly determined that the individuals who carried out the attacks belonged to the world-wide terrorist network of Al-Qaida, headed by Osama bin Laden and protected by the Taleban regime in Afghanistan.

At a special press conference, NATO Secretary General Lord Robertson announced that since it had been determined that the attacks had been directed from abroad, they were regarded as an action covered by Article 5 of the Washington Treaty.

NATO Update: Invocation of Article 5 confirmed - 2 October 2001

@Taygibay

Translation : Suicide attacks in Paris.

"We found everything,exept the balls!"

7ilEfHv.jpg

:crazy: if they are born and bred in the west, they are not immigrants.

Mate, you clearly haven't been to any European city where these people are in significant numbers.

I would agree that government has to take some responsibility for not bringing them into main stream, But there is a large chunk of population who grows up hating west and Britain despite having been born and bred in these countries and exploiting their systems to their advantage.

Back
Top Bottom