What's new

Paris Under Attack

Very sad and commiserations to the French people... Have the French forces controlled the situation and neutralized all the targets. Reports are over 153 dead in this co ordinated attack.

What is final toll of dead?And all attackers neutralised?

Commiserations with people of France

153 dead so far.... 5 terrorist killed - th picture is not clear yet....

I wonder if French intelligence were aware of these people before tonight.

We will have to wait and see, how many were known, how many were unknown, known unknowns and unknown unknowns etc....and what levels they correspond (from top level to ground level)

The (immediate) dust will only settle in about a week or so from the sounds of things.

My initial impression is that French were completely caught off guard as to the scale of what could happen or they dismissed some warnings as false alarms etc...similar to 9/11 and Mumbai. They also have no reliable SIGINT and HUMINT in many of these ghettos where these sorts of people get sanctuary...that will have to drastically change now.

However this will be the watershed terror attack for France. How they respond will establish their honour and strength as a nation. I am confident they will respond very strongly and vigorously domestically....otherwise they will empower the far right wing which would not be in France's interests.

Such an attack will send shockwaves all over Europe and will create a much more severe negative perception of the Muslim community. Their capital has been breached which is no joke... If this was Isis then its shocking at how they were able to co ordinate such an attack so far away from their territories and control...

RIP to the dead.. Killing innocent people due to govt policies is no way justified in any sense. Its down right cowardly.

My thoughts are with the French.

This could be a turning point for Europe.

French SF are probably getting ready to go to Syria as we speak....

The coalition in general will probably ratchet up the tempo of strike and deployments significantly in the wake of this hideous attack.

upload_2015-11-13_22-30-21.png

The bataclan theater was a massacre where 112 people died.. Very very sad. RIP...

The talk of higher efforts against ISIS abroad are all fine and good, but not if they are done to distract from the real domestic terror networks within France.

France cannot continue to be in the business of applying chemotherapy to others when it needs it itself first and foremost.

It should not be business as usual.

In fact I am in favour of them scaling back the anti-ISIS efforts internationally and focusing on domestic cells and their sanctuaries for a good year or two.

Other countries can pick up the slack internationally. We owe that to the victims today.

Back
Top Bottom