What's new

Panama leak Case Proceedings - JIT Report, News, Updates And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read so far, NS received the funds in his account from one of the companies. How can this transfer from a company's bank account be a GIFT from a son to his father?? Company is a legal entity and has nothing to do with father-son relationship. Is NS director of this company or a vendor that he received such a payment and for what services?

For it to be a gift, Hassan Nawaz would have had the company pay him salary/dividends and the transfer be made from Hassan's personal account to NS's account. And Hassan being a British Citizen would be liable for the UK taxes for the salary/dividend income.

Why is this not being questioned in the court?

Have the bank records of these transactions presented so far?

@Emmie

So far Sharifs haven't submitted any record of transaction shown in their tax returns.

Defense counsel today contended that matters related to income tax were beyond the jurisdiction of the court, also contented that it was his client's right to conceal his bank statements. However the court today directed the counsel to produce records of transactions, a judge even said "we are not speaking in Persian, just present bank statements". I am sure no record will be presented, not sure of the consequences if they should fail to comply.

So you mean 18 hour of those nerve racking arguments could not satisfy the court? yeh tau lol ho gya. When I heard this concluding remark this afternoon I cursed SR for underestimating Bukhari.

So you mean 18 hour of those nerve racking arguments could not satisfy the court? yeh tau lol ho gya.

جسٹس آصف سعید کھوسہ نے کہا کہ تحفے میں کوئی گھڑی نہیں دی گئی مسلسل رقم دی گئی، ہوسکتا ہے امیروں کے تحفے ایسے ہی ہوتے ہوں۔

مخدوم علی خان کا کہنا تھا کہ وزیراعظم اپنے بچوں کے کاروبار سے آگاہ ہیں، بیٹوں کا کاروبار ہے جس سے رقم آ رہی ہے، جس پر جسٹس عظمیت سعید شیخ نے استفسار کیا کہ کیا کبھی والد نے اپنے بیٹوں سے پوچھا کہ اتنا پیسہ کہاں سے اور کس کاروبار سے آ رہا ہے اور اس رقم کو تحفے میں دینے کی کیا وجوہات ہیں؟

خدوم علی خان نے کہا کہ 2012ء میں یہ جائیداد مریم نواز کے اثاثہ جات میں شامل کردی گئی، 13-2012 کے گوشواروں میں مریم نواز کا نام زیرِ کفالت کے خانے میں نہیں تھا۔ جسٹس آصف سعید کھوسہ نے کہا ہوسکتا ہے کہ یہ کالا دھن ہو

بیٹے نے والد کو رقم بھیجی، باپ نے بیٹی کے نام زمین خریدلی، ہوسکتا ہے رقم غیر قانونی طریقے سے بیٹے کو منتقل کی گئی ہو، ممکن ہے مریم نے والد کی جانب سے دی گئی رقم سے ہی جائیداد خریدی ہو۔

جسٹس آصف نے کہا کہ کیا آپ کہنا چاہ رہے ہیں کہ بیٹی کے نام کی جائیداد کالم میں ظاہر کرنا نیک نیتی ہے؟ ہوسکتا ہے اس طرح ایک طرف جائیداد خریدی جارہی ہو اور احتیاط بھی برتی جارہی ہو۔

جسٹس اعجاز الالحسن نے وزیراعظم کے وکیل سے استفسار کیا کہ حسین نواز نے صرف والد کو ہی کیوں تحائف دیئے؟

کل وزیراعظم کی 3 تقاریر کے تمام پہلوؤں سے جائزہ لیں گے۔ ایشو بڑا ہے ممکن ہے کچھ وقت لگ جائے، نواز شریف کی تقاریر اور عدالت میں موقف میں تضاد پر کل

وضاحت دیں۔
@biloo700 ki baat par yaqeen karnay ko dil chah raha hai lekin hamaray haan institutions ka koi bharosa nahi...

During the hearing, the court also put forth an inquiry regarding the Azizia Steel Mills in Jeddah.

The focus remained on how money received from the sale of the mills was transferred to Pakistan.

"One aspect of the case is concerned with money laundering. The accusation is that the amount was sent abroad through unlawful means," Justice Khosa observed.

"You will have to give details as to how the amount was transferred," the judge told Makhdoom Khan.

In response, the counsel told the court that the amount was sent by Hussain Nawaz from Saudi Arabia in 2010.

"Other than this, what other business does Hussain Nawaz have in Saudi Arabia?" Justice Ijaz asked.

The counsel told him that details of the prime minister's son's business will be provided by his lawyer.

"Hussain Nawaz gave the gifts in 2010 but the steel mill was sold in 2005," Justice Ijaz observed.

"We will want to see that the amount of $1.9m came in through banks," the court said. "It is normally determined whether tax returns were submitted."

The premier's lawyer told the apex court that submitting documents regarding the transactions was not necessary since he had argued that gifts were transferred through the banks.

He added that if the court asked for them, details of the accounts will be provided.

"The gifts [given to Maryam Nawaz] are mentioned in the prime minister's wealth and income tax returns, which have been submitted in the court," Makhdoom Khan told the SC.

"The accusation is that income has been masked as gifts to evade tax," the counsel said. "Gifts can only be said to be income when they are given by a person who does not have a national tax number," he added.

Makhdoom Khan said that he accepts that the prime minister had given gifts to his children but those gifts had been transferred through banks.

"From what business is so much money coming in? Has the father ever asked his sons where the money is coming from?" Justice Azmat asked.

The counsel told the court that the money is coming in from the businesses of the premier's sons.

"What is the reason for giving the amount as a gift?" Justice Ijazul Hassan asked.

Observing that there are discrepancies between the arguments presented in court and the speech delivered by the prime minister in the National Assembly, Justice Khosa said PM's speeches would be analysed from all angles tomorrow.
http://www.dawn.com/news/1309216/wh...y-money-trail-under-scrutiny-in-supreme-court

Can Sharifs answer all these question?

Court should now ask Hussain Nawaz to bring his income statement as to how he earned so much that he can give millions in gift. For that if they have to approach Scotland yard or UK tax authorities they should do that. Let this case be over once and for all. Either Shariff's are best of the business tycoons or they are out of politics for ever.

Can Sharifs answer all these question?

C2ZLxG0WEAAcexa.jpg

Court should now ask Hussain Nawaz to bring his income statement as to how he earned so much that he can give millions in gift. For that if they have to approach Scotland yard or UK tax authorities they should do that. Let this case be over once and for all. Either Shariff's are best of the business tycoons or they are out of politics for ever.

I have heard that they are coming up with a new defence... that PM's sons are British Nationals and they only have POC so they are not obliged to fulfill the request!

Lol!

For this to happen they'll have to go to Allah almighty first. So did anyone ask her when would they leave? I don't mean to wish death to anybody, disclaimer.

الله کی عدالت میں بیگناہی کے ثبوت حاضر ہیں:

١ - آرٹیکل ٦٦ کے تحت اسمبلی میں جھوٹ بولنا جائز تھا لہٰذا استثنیٰ
٢ - آرٹیکل ١٨٤ کے تحت پہلے اس کی تحقیقات دنیا میں نیب سے ہونی چاہئے تھیں

لاسٹ بٹ ناٹ لیسٹ

٣ - پاکستانی آئین میں تو اس عدالت کا تذکرہ ہی نہیں ہے لہٰذا کیس کو خارج کر کے شریف فیملی کو جنت میں بھیجا جائے

اور اس کے بعد جو ہوگا وہ یہاں بیان نہیں کیا جاسکتا- آپ نے فورم کے رول بنائے ہوئے ہیں کے کوئی بلڈی، ناقابل برداشت پوسٹ پر بین لگجائگا

I somehow have a feeling tht this time, judges are not looking to make a commission and want to decide this case themselves... But then, as @PakSword said ke humaray instituitions ka bharosa nahi.. Jab humein lagay ke sab ke arguments khatam hogaye...us din commission banaa dein...but still my gut feeling is tht they might not go for commission.. Jis ke favor main bhi faisla dena hai, woh judges khud hi de dein ge

How transfer of companies is officially related to UK? Nescoll & Nielsen are registered with BVI authorities, not with UK authorities. two entirely different jurisdictions. Instead of wasting everyone's time by producing forged private agreement between him and Al Thanis, Hussain should directly produce official instruments like memorandum articles of association, bearer certificate registration certificate etc.

BVI is part of UK that why its called British...

And i have no idea what they will produce.. it is reasonably likely it will be forged and even more likely that pti wont have a clue what to do with it...

Anyone wishing for a son who's capable to send Rs. 520 million as gift in just four years?
My sons are total nikammas! :D
Kaash Allah gives me such ulaad LOL
Sir! Don't wish for such children who if caught red handed, will blame their deceased grandfather/father for own wrongdoings and will happily accept trial of someone in grave.

Lanat hai aesi aulaad par. Ghin aati hai is "Sharif" family se.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom