What's new

Panama Case - Post Verdict Discussion and Updates

It is not the judges’ duty to look at the larger picture or to be politically correct.. or play it beyond comprehension..tht is the job of politicians

Judges only duty is to decide individual cases, purely on merit, without looking at who the accused, convict is or what will the other party adopt political strategy? Judges must decide purely ob merit only....and this is the reason we used to admire Justice Khosa because he didnt use to look at the political angle of cases

But recently he is deciding cases strangely which was not his style...

Even in bail application of avenfield case...he said IHC totally gave wrong judgment and shouldnt have given bail in tht case but despite tht being a wrong decision, we wouldnt interfere in what HC had decided and would go by tht decusion, even though tht decision was totally wrong.... Strange...? This was also not J Khosa style tht despite acknowledging decision was wrong, he didnt overturn it...

Anyways... i still gave him benefit of doubt tht maybe he had some legal compulsion

Now when Islamabad highcourt referred to this recent judgment of his own, now J khosa overturned the decision of high court and gave him bail for six weeks, despite acknowledging during his remarks in hearing tht NS illness is old, there has been no deterioration in his health due to jail, his illness is since 2013 and he was heavily involved in political activities during these years, there is no life threatening situation....yet he still gave him bail fir six weeks and allowed him to get treated from his own choice doctors

I am unable to understand sudden change in J Khosa’s style and behavior..esp when, he, of all the people know the extent of lies and deceit of sharifs...

Can anyone one explain this change of behavior by J Khosa? What could be the reason?

@PakSword @Zibago @The Accountant

The only reason I can think of is to stop NS from using health card in general public however, this is not style of Justice Khosa

Pichlay 1 week kay 2 faesloon nay pori dunya kay samnay Pakistan ki jo izat banaye hey in do faeslon se andaza lagalo

1. land grabbing case may paisay laykar criminal kay saath deal karkay uske zameen ko legal kardena (Bahria Town case)

2. Kise Convicted Criminal ko medical bunyaad pe jo mulk ka 3 baar PM raha ho usko sirf is bunyaad pe bail daydena kah woh zehni tanao ka shekaar hey WOW saray choor uxhakay criminal katil sab ise bahanay apply kardain ub State ko woh applications mananna parengi

Ye dono faeslay Islami Jamhirya Pakistan kay ieen ko he contradict kartay hain, basic Islam teaching he kay opposite hain bakayeda ispe Ahadees-e-Nabvi SAW hain sab chor kar kise non-Muslim country may b asa kanoon yaan SC ka decision he exist nahi karta

Aur sab se bhar kar dunya ke pichlay 100 sala tareekh may b asa koi faesla he nahi huwa jismay kise criminal convicted shaks ko istarhan treatment de jaye aur kise land grabber se SC deal karay

Pakistan becme a joke a laughing stock for the world...

Agar ye Justice Khosa ki adalat hay tu asi adalat pe lanat hey ....asi adalatain Pakistani koom 70 saal se bhukat tahi hain

Common people, let's call a spade a spade. Our chief has doled out the recent charity to Sharif's and I'm not talking about Supreme Court.

The nation is in debt of CJ that he has played the best possible hand given the circumstances.

I've written elsewhere too that It is now starting to look like regime change was a move to fool the international lenders into lending us a new economic lease of life. Well, it looks like that as the old corrupt baggage is kept lingering still for a potential repeat of the same old on top again, all be it in the shape of their next generation.

The reality and the way forward was simple enough, remove the old lot so that new could take its place, the longer the corrupt leadership baggage lingered, the longer it would take for alternate leadership choices to emerge to better challenge the competition and bring the best out of the lot of existing and new politicians instead of the two corrupt to the core families and their stooges but to no avail, the corrupt lingered on.

Can you hear the chants of "Hamza, Hamza, Hamza" yet? No? Wait for it then...Shahbaz is silently at work and his is no ordinary Marathon. How about Monis Elahi then for heading a National consensus government? Even Shahbaz will be standing in que to vote for him, lol.

I think people, including myself, are not appreciative of Allah's Mercy on us that things are not as bad as they surely could have been.

If it were not for Allah's Mercy, Pakistan would have defaulted if the old leadership was still at the helms... 1 dollar would have equalled thousands of Rupees if not hundreds of thousands and the common people would not just be shouting "hye hye bills, hye hye Mehangai" as they are now but already be dying and committing suicide in hordes...Do people think any country would have lent us a penny knowing it will all drown and be looted away by the same old lot asking for it?

On the Indian front, Do people think that Nawaz or any Sharif for that matter, the Zardaris etc, had or have the balls or the will to meaningfully retaliate to the recent Indian aggression? India is either irrelevant, enemy's enemy or good business for them, take your pick, and going against good business or whatever suits them is not in their blood.

Establishment looks like making the same old mistakes yet again in the name of middle ground, the evergreen Nazarya Zarorat, preparing itself and getting ready to feed us the very same medicines in new bottles if and when or as soon as the "need" arises and the new packaging is getting ready.

Isn't Enough is Enough already???

It is time to renew the resolve to save Pakistan from its looters and destroyers of its economy, it's time to stop making the same mistakes again of going soft on the thieves and cull the corrupt lot and their next in lines by putting them behind bars and sidelining them completely from politics using the wrath of the law...by God Allah All Mighty they deserve no better, let the law take its course for their detriment instead of the dangerous and ever increasing up easement that we see now.

May Allah Subhan Taala have mercy on Pakistan!

Common people, let's call a spade a spade. Our chief has doled out the recent charity to Sharif's and I'm not talking about Supreme Court.

The nation is in debt of CJ that he has played the best possible hand given the circumstances.

I disagree... I dont think tht CJ has done his best...infact he has failed us..and I am surely writing this with a lot of pain... i dont think current situation saddens anyone more than me...
I felt as i have been personally cheated....
I think almost everyone who has followed this thread....knows how much big an admirer, I have been, of Justice Khosa

My admiration for Justice Khosa had been for a single reason...tht is for his ability to give verdicts with a lot of courage, purely and purely on merit without looking at circumstances or political angle

U said that CJ has done his best, given the circumstances..but heres the catch... it was not his job to consider circumstances, outside the courtroom... his job was only to give verdict, in line with the manner as any other ordinary convict would have been treated... thts it

If Justice Khosa will also look at the circumstances or political situation before giving his verdict, then this is not Justice Khosa, whom I admired...and this makes him no different from many others

It seems Justice Khosa who wrote panama verdict and the one who gave verdicts on bail petition by sharifs in avenfield case in January and this recent case of bail on medical grounds, seem to be two different person

Justice Khosa’s verdict in January , on allowing bail to sharifs in avenfield case also was a shocker for me....since he said that IHC giving bail to sharifs is totally wrong, but we will still not overturn it..... this was never Justice Khosa’s style... he said NS is in jail in another casend Maryam Nawaz is a woman so law is lenient on her regd bail...

What about countless other women in jails?

However I still gave him benefit of doubt....though I knew it was not J Khosa’s style...

But then him giving bail to NS on medical grounds, when he himself said manytimes in his remarks tht NS illness is since 2013 and theres nothing new or any life threatening situation.....

He gave two verdicts giving rare relief to sharifs where the merits of case said otherwise....atleast in Avenfield case, he himself admitted tht IHC gave wrong verdict but still didnt overturn it

I feel so depressed writing this because it feels like a personal loss...the amount of time i spent admiring him, and high hopes tht I had from him...it feels like all gone to waste

It feels like I had been admiring a person who is no different from others

I dont know why our hopes always get shattered...
But I am really really disappointed because I really thought he was different, and I thought him to be one of those rare judges who only decided cases purely on merit, without looking at circumstances or political situation ...

I dont think I have admired someone as much as I admired Justice Khosa, in our recent history...and this is exactly the reason tht I feel so depressed

I disagree... I dont think tht CJ has done his best...infact he has failed us..and I am surely writing this with a lot of pain... i dont think current situation saddens anyone more than me...
I think almost everyone who has followed this thread....knows how much big an admirer, I have been, of Justice Khosa

My admiration for Justice Khosa had been for a single reason...tht is for his ability to give verdicts with a lot of courage, purely and purely on merit without looking at circumstances or political angle

U said that CJ has done his best, given the circumstances..but heres the catch... it was not his job to consider circumstances, outside the courtroom... his job was only to give verdict, in line with the manner as any other ordinary convict would have been treated... thts it

If Justice Khosa will also look at the circumstances or political situation before giving his verdict, then this is not Justice Khosa, whom I admired...and this makes him no different from many others

It seems Justice Khosa who wrote panama verdict and the one who gave verdicts on bail petition by sharifs in avenfield case in January and this recent case of bail on medical grounds, seem to be two different person

Justice Khosa’s verdict in January , on allowing bail to sharifs in avenfield case also was a shocker for me....since he said that IHC giving bail to sharifs is totally wrong, but we will still not overturn it..... this was never Justice Khosa’s style... he said NS is in jail in another casend Maryam Nawaz is a woman so law is lenient on her regd bail...

However I still gave him benefit of doubt....though I knew it was not J Khosa’s style...

But then him giving bail to NS on medical grounds, when he himself said manytimes in his remarks tht NS illness is since 2013 and theres nothing new or any life threatening situation.....

He gave two verdicts giving rare relief to sharifs where the merits of case said otherwise....atleast in Avenfield case, he himself admitted tht IHC gave wrong verdict but still didnt overturn it

I feel so depressed writing this because it feels like a personal loss...the amount of time i spent admiring him, and high hopes tht I had from him...it feels like all gone to waste

But I am really really disappointed because I really thought he was different, and I thought him to be one of those rare judges who only decided cases purely on merit, without looking at circumstances or political situation ...

I dont think I have admired someone as much as I admired Justice Khosa, in our recent history...and this is exactly the reason tht I feel so depressed

I agree with you ... there cant b 2 justice system enough is enough ... government needs to establish one proper investigation agency that can provide undeniable evidence against the culprits ...

This is a loss to justice system ... First the Bahria Town guy now Nawaz Sharief ... They will get into plea bargain, giving small portion of the looted money to fight another day ...

Even if we accept this as a temporary defeat then what have we done to ensure that Bilawal and Bhutto will not be doing the same in the next decade ?

This is our loss

I told you guys to put this thread under economy or justice system and not under political discussion.

Now suffer

We all felt the hurt but I am only trying to put things in the correct perspective. Let's not entirely blame the man who averted much worse but I guess he is easier to point at.

I told you guys to put this thread under economy or justice system and not under political discussion.

Now suffer

Good joke! If any change is needed then we all know where this thread should be under.

Change change change. When will this get boring?
Boring? under the carpet, caput... look the other way, war is way more interesting and just around the corner. What we need is national consensus o_O...

Boring? under the carpet, caput... look the other way, war is way more interesting and just around the corner. What we need is national consensus o_O...

You have national consensus on corruption/fassad.

How did that make it easier?

You have national consensus on corruption/fassad.

How did that make it easier?
There is Zero consensus on corruption but better resolve on fassad...that's how it was and that's what it is now...the reason for the state of continued failure in earlier and relative success in the later.

There is Zero consensus on corruption and resolve on fassad...that's how it was and that's what it is now...the reason for the state of continued failure in earlier and relative success in the later.

on the contrary.

a handful of people have a consensus on both fassad and corruption.

if you catch their corruption, they label you as fassadi.
if you catch their fassad, they kill you as terrorists.

The System is designed to keep them afloat and under state protection. Jo Ukhaarna hai ukhaar lo

on the contrary.

a handful of people have a consensus on both fassad and corruption.

if you catch their corruption, they label you as fassadi.
if you catch their fassad, they kill you as terrorists.

The System is designed to keep them afloat and under state protection. Jo Ukhaarna hai ukhaar lo
Exactly. The state of affairs is due to the state itself, no use blaming anyone @Farah Sohail

Exactly. The state of affairs is due to the state itself, no use blaming anyone @Farah Sohail

I would not blame the State. But i will however blame how the State is represented in this awful triangular system of Civilian, Judicial and Military.

I would not blame the State. But i will however blame how the State is represented in this awful triangular system of Civilian, Judicial and Military.
Nor would I but the state will have to change their old habits of going soft and compromising yet again with the corrupt because they are experienced and relatively easier to deal with in the short term. There should be no let off this time...all the corrupt curses should be rid off completely. Period.

People are sick of hearing the same boring excuse "Mulk Nazuk Halaat say guzr raha hay". Grow some balls or watch Pakistan descend into the same quagmire of loot and corruption.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom