What's new

Palestinian Islamists releases video showing aerial attack on Merkava tank

The Ronin

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
190529-F-OF524-0181-1-1140x739.jpg

Gaza-based militant group Saraya Al-Quds has released footage showing aerial bombardment by low-end drones on Israeli Merkava IV tank.

Militant group using commercial remote-controlled aircraft, referred to as drones, to attack Israel Defense Forces armored vehicles stationed on the Gaza border.

The footage, which starts with the words ‘what the enemy has kept silent about,’ shows two different attacks, bombs are dropped from an unmanned aerial vehicle onto two Merkava IV model tanks.

In the second attack, a drone hovers over a tank. It stays static, while text in the right-hand corner of the video says ‘waiting for the soldiers to leave,’ before dropping a makeshift bomb on the tank.

Also, Aurora Intel noted that re-watching the video you can see an initial attack on a Merkava IV tank with one Israeli Soldier climbing aboard the vehicle at the time of the IED being dropped.

“The explosive device itself doesn’t appear like it will have a significant impact on a armored vehicle like a tank, but within blast radius of people it would do damage for sure,” Aurora Intel’s tweet read.

According to information released with the video, the attack was carried out during the last round of fighting between Palestinians and Israeli forces during the week before the Eurovision.

The weaponizing of these increasingly prevalent and cheap hobbyist drones has been warned about for years by many military experts and analysts.

The modern combat vehicles need a new system to detect and help defeat any small drones that threaten the vehicle.

https://defence-blog.com/army/pales...ZU_jFcwphOk0arYPTatfbs3a-fndf4jtpavsVuaooiaRo

It's an refurbished Israeli quadcopter using what seems to be empty(filled with light amount of explosive) Israeli tear gas canister or smoke grenade of some sort. They were trying to hit the soldier but missed, I don't think the explosive went off either. Could have been just to test the method.

People may ask, why didn't they use explosive drone? It is because they don't have that or did not want to use that as the hostilities were not intended to go on. They are second largest group in Gaza but Hamas is better trained than them.

Drone.jpg

They often fall within Gaza borders during weekly Friday demonstrations.

Its a relatively simple tech. The bomb was dumb so it makes sense it didn't hit on target. What I wonder is why did Trophy not respond? I thought it could shoot down mortar type bombs.
I don't really know, but I guess it has to do with the fact that it fell very slowly towards it, probably identified it as simple debree falling

Also it wasn't really bound to hit it

I don't really know, but I guess it has to do with the fact that it fell very slowly towards it, probably identified it as simple debree falling

Also it wasn't really bound to hit it
Yeah, but in the future if bigger warheads are attached to UAVs like artillery shells for example they will be dangerous regardless of if being a few meters away.

Why don't you buy them then get ok from netanyahu then deliver them along with a training course. Lol

It's not terrorism, could help prevent airstrikes on densely populated Gaza area
UK should buy them and provide them, create some equal power balance.

It's not terrorism, could help prevent airstrikes on densely populated Gaza area
So now you pick and choose your ''Islamist''... or is it good when it's against your enemy?
Not That I'm against PIJ actions, they are in their rights to resist to the OPPRESSOR... as other groups are doing in the other side of the Golan...

So now you pick and choose your ''Islamist''... or is it good when it's against your enemy?
Not That I'm against PIJ actions, they are in their rights to resist to the OPPRESSOR... as other groups are doing in the other side of the Golan...

The group you support in Syria represents a force against Syrian identity and integrity, will weaken whatever is left of Syria and its Arab identity and has closer ties to Erdogan than anything Syrian.

Islamic army in Iraq, good Islamists.

Islamic state of Iraq, terrorist trash.

That's what I believe per their goal of operating, method and what they represent. PIJ fights an entity that brings in Jews from all over the world who believe God gave them some land so they can displace others. Islamic army in Iraq fought invading forces, both are just causes.

You are definitely a camel only good for a ride in the desert .lol hahahaha

The group you support in Syria represents a force against Syrian identity and integrity, will weaken whatever is left of Syria and its Arab identity and has closer ties to Erdogan than anything Syrian.

Islamic army in Iraq, good Islamists.

Islamic state of Iraq, terrorist trash.

That's what I believe per their goal of operating, method and what they represent. PIJ fights an entity that brings in Jews from all over the world who believe God gave them some land so they can displace others. Islamic army in Iraq fought invading forces, both are just causes.

Syrian identity... When they themselves are Syrians...
To this day... ASSad forces is filled with Iranians... Russians and every Shia jihadi around the corner... from Lebanon...to Afghanistan...
Let alone giving his own country and making himself a puppet to DIRECT Foreign FORCES...

Wonder who is slapping the Syrian Identity...

Syrian identity... When they themselves are Syrians...
To this day... ASSad forces is filled with Iranians... Russians and every Shia jihadi around the corner... from Lebanon...to Afghanistan...
Let alone giving his own country and making himself a puppet to DIRECT Foreign FORCES...

Wonder who is slapping the Syrian Identity...

The neighbors of Syria that enabled the US and its allies to pour in arms to Syria are the puppets of foreign entities, they poured fuel on fire. This war wouldn't have lasted a year if not for that.

Jordan also fucked up and they always have been too compliant with the west, even against Saddam who was their best friend. Why? Because they're all under America.

The neighbors of Syria that enabled the US and its allies to pour in arms to Syria are the puppets of foreign entities, they poured fuel on fire. This war wouldn't have lasted a year if not for that.
Actually ASSad was gonna fall in 2012... before ISIS or alike having a foot in it...
But ASSad the puppet called for help... and the IRanian and the Ruskies got on board...
Later on... pushed the conflict longer and pushed away/ weakened the FSA ( armed civilians+ ex SAA soldiers) that let a vaccum for the Khwarji to get in... That's why they get so much power at the start of 2013...

We both know... that the first year of the revolution was free from those cancerous cells... it was like we saw in TN/Egypt... But ASSad couldn't accept the reality that he will fall and did everything in his power... even to sell his own country to others... just to keep for few more years...

Remember those Prisons who miraculously got their doors open... out of nowhere...
Same tactic as Gaddafi and Ben Ali...

To know that you are fighting for such lowlife... is shameful as an Arab...

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom