What's new

Pak's Harba missile: How India is fortifying defences to prevent Moskva like incident

Subsonic missile is pretty effective and it's most difficult thing to detect. One weapon which is working for Russia and Ukraine are their subsonic cruise missiles. The more the range the better. US is also providing Harpoon to Ukraine for a reason. Subsonic is most stealth. The more the speed the less stealthy they become.
A subsonic missile will take about an hour or more reaching 1000 km away.A ship could be gone by then, plus it would be difficult to maintain track for so long in presence of enemy counter assets.

Subsonic missile is pretty effective and it's most difficult thing to detect. One weapon which is working for Russia and Ukraine are their subsonic cruise missiles. The more the range the better. US is also providing Harpoon to Ukraine for a reason. Subsonic is most stealth. The more the speed the less stealthy they become.
I think 500km effective range is enough for Harbah.

Lets do some mathematics:

Harbah will take one hour to reach to the target at 1000km range.Now just imagine,One hour is too much time,and target ship will continuesly change its position and it will become difficult for us to continuesly feed exact location of target for one an hour.

So this range for subsonic cruise missile will be useless in anti ship role.
For 300km range, with low launch signature,and dirt kissing nature, Harbah will be disastrous for enemies.

Now imagine a supersonic cruise missile traveling at mach 3,it will reach its target at 500km in almost 9-10 minutes.
As target will be far away(at 500km), enemy will not be able to pick up super Sonic cruise Missile right after its launch, supersonic speed will become difficult for the enemy to handle.
So for long ranges, supersonic cruise Missile is an answer while for short ranges (250-300km), subsonic cruise Missiles are an answer.
(Again mix of these two at 300-400km ranges will be ultimate disaster for the enemy).

A subsonic missile will take about an hour or more reaching 1000 km away.A ship could be gone by then, plus it would be difficult to maintain track for so long in presence of enemy counter assets.
I swear i did not copy your post
😬

No it doesn't take an hour for love of GOD

I think 500km effective range is enough for Harbah.

Lets do some mathematics:

Harbah will take one hour to reach to the target at 1000km range.Now just imagine,One hour is too much time,and target ship will continuesly change its position and it will become difficult for us to continuesly feed exact location of target for one an hour.

So this range for subsonic cruise missile will be useless in anti ship role.
For 300km range, with low launch signature,and dirt kissing nature, Harbah will be disastrous for enemies.

Now imagine a supersonic cruise missile traveling at mach 3,it will reach its target at 500km in almost 9-10 minutes.
As target will be far away(at 500km), enemy will not be able to pick up super Sonic cruise Missile right after its launch, supersonic speed will become difficult for the enemy to handle.
So for long ranges, supersonic cruise Missile is an answer while for short ranges (250-300km), subsonic cruise Missiles are an answer.
(Again mix of these two at 300-400km ranges will be ultimate disaster for the enemy).

I swear i did not copy your post
😬
500 KM is enough for moving targets like ship even in that you should upgrade with China to work on changing target midcourse like Tomahawk BLOCK V can do it. Plus you should not only keep Harbah for ships targets but also for targets on land.

Pakistan is developing P-282 Supersonic Missile.

Next step will most likely be engine tech for cruise missiles (be it indigenous, imported under TOT or reverse engineered).

AFAIK Pakistan has good navigation/accuracy in CM which india lacks and india has good engines/speed which Pakistan lacks.

But with Brahmos tech falling in Pakistan and the scandal few years back where top scientists of Brahmos was compromised. Pakistan has stuff to reverse engineer too.

TOT and other stuff is on the table as well. So we might see increase in speed of Pakistani Cruise Missiles.
P282 is hypersonic brother.

Brahmos not only supersonic and accurate but as per latest updates range now extended upto 800 kms.... India have brahmos in 1000s with sea, ground and air launched versions.....

In the case of a to-ship attack, a 600KM mid-section subsonic sea-skimming cruise like the YJ-18. Then entering the 30km sea line is the hypersonic sprint way I think is the best. After all, in the 40km sea line, the aesa of the battleship can detect the target with rcs less than 0.01 square meters in time, and only the speed can play a role at this time.

Best option is to develop MIRV-like concept for cruise missiles.

A subsonic sea-skimming mothership cruise missile that delivers 3-4 hypersonic babies upon entering the target zone.

P282 is hypersonic brother.
Nope supersonic as far as I know.

Brahmos not only supersonic and accurate but as per latest updates range now extended upto 800 kms.... India have brahmos in 1000s with sea, ground and air launched versions.....
Brahmos is accurate? Why don't you just google about accuracy of Brahmos.

And Pakistan has Brahmos data as well as the missile that fell in Pakistan.

Nope supersonic as far as I know.

You can listen to the speech by Ex PN Chief Zafar Mehmood Abbasi. He clearly said hypersonic.

P-282 super Sonic cruise Missile
Correction P-282 is hypersonic.

P-800 onik

Re-painted as brahmos in India?

Indians have been joking about our sub sonic mijjiles for a decade now...despite been told that they are stealthy and very hard to detect unlike shupershonic ones that are non stealthy by nature ..

Why worried now ...just laugh it off ...indian ships are far far shuperior to moskova

Back
Top Bottom