What's new

Pakistan’s water experts fear for the country’s future

Pakistan should embark a project of artificial glacier diversion and desalination of sea water by natural freezing....let the ecology go to hell...water security is most important...

Pakistan should embark a project of artificial glacier diversion and desalination of sea water by natural freezing....let the ecology go to hell...water security is most important...

Let the 'ecology' go to hell, how about the ECONOMY ?

Dubai can barely afford to produce water from Desalination. Do you know the cost of fresh water in Dubai ? Take a guess. How many pakistani's can afford it ?

If Pakistan does not deviate from it's priority to economic development, it should look to desalination as an option to ease the trouble.

Something which even India will need to do in the near future.

Well first of all @mods this should be in the current and social section of pakistan rather than central Asia.

Secondly I agree with you and quite frankly the pakistan govt will have to take extreme steps as quickly as they can to conserve water and create a reserve. Our biggest problem is over population and rise of population which is a huge strain on our resources. Having an out of control birth rate will create a strain even on the most resourceful of nations.

Our worst luck was the period of 2008-2013 which saw the most incompetent govt in power which chocked pakistan economy and killed the state machinery and the lackluster attitude of even the more previous govt ( 2002-2007) towards energy consumption brought a massive energy crisis which crippled the country and the economy. The current govt and all the provincial govts are right now busy in trying to combat the shortfall and somehow provide energy to an ever growing nation. This gift has stressed on family planning but a lot more is required and mark my words until and unless we control the population rate, we will suffer from scarcity of resources.

This fact has been highlighted here. Our water is not going anywhere. It's the mouth to feed that's increasing and creating the stress.

The onus is on pakistan govt to take constructive steps towards water storage to combat water scarcity as no more can we afford a non serious attitude towards this matter. As Baluchistan develops, they too will seek water not only for the continuous supply to every corner of the province but also for irrigation of lands for greater prosperity. We cannot waste anymore time. The current govt is under severe stress due to the issues that plague Pakistan, but this issue cannot be ignored.

I will tell you a story. During the era of 2002-2007 govt. In 2006 my family met a journalist analyst which was often the case due to our involvement in politics. I was present there as well. We were talking about economy and he mentions that you should gear up for extensive loadshedding that would span 8-12 hours. At that time there was no concept of loadshedding in urban areas even in an under developed district like sheikhupura. After asking how is such a thing possible, he simply stated that the amount of requirement is increasing everyday and the govt and past govts have taken no steps to combat this. Lo and behold 2008 arrived and an energy crisis you wouldn't believe came with it. The PPP govt was marred in corruption. Of unprecedented levels and simply did not care. The 2008-2012 was the most horrific era of our history.

We need dams and we need lots of them.

@saiyan0321

The population issue is a problem on both sides of the border.

The Dick syndrome???:hitwall:

In India and am sure in Pakistan too, the religions has had our happiness. Without stereotyping, the Muslim population has exploded (more excuse on religious grounds rather than the factuality of lack of education and pure stupid people) while Hindus are no 2 (stupidity and education reasons here too, religion on "basis" of increasing muslim population:hitwall:).

If one is to look at some GCC states, they have ensured control measures wisely. But wisdom and subcontinental nations are anti-thetical.

Anyways, Indus treaty will not be violated, only exactly implemented. That will, on it's own, create a problem for Pakistan in future.

We are a decade late, as Vajpayee had planned, in interlinking the rivers in India, but it has started.

De-salination and water recycling is required, soi guess governments will need to perform or strife is going to be norm, within country and between countries.

Unfortunately stupidity > 90% as a fact remains

What is the Chinese Tiger going to do about it
meow!!!

while Hindus are no 2 (stupidity and education reasons here too, religion on "basis" of increasing muslim population:hitwall:)
Why we always have to abuse Hindus as a defence to showcase we are not biased? Why are you ashamed of calling spade a spade (muslims here). or why cannot you refrain from bringing religions at all in these discussions?

They have already learnt to eat grass ....... now they only have to learn to drink less water.

Supporting Terrorism has its own benefits.
Oh shutup. Stop posting idiotic comments everywhere. @waz @Oscar These trolls keep coming back with new IDs. Please take care.

meow!!!

Why we always have to abuse Hindus as a defence to showcase we are not biased? Why are you ashamed of calling spade a spade (muslims here). or why cannot you refrain from bringing religions at all in these discussions?

1. Who is abusing Hindu and Muslim as religion? I, on the other hand, have highlighted the problem with those following the two beliefs.

2. Because stupidity is on both sides in India, I see no reason to be quiet. The reason is stupidity and lack of education. Look at the census reports, you will get the idea. I have no issue with religions, I have issue with stupidity in name of religion. Is that not the case? Where Muslims reproduce multiple times in name of religion and central and east UP till Bihar Hindus have been given a call to reproduce equally more by VHP?

3. I call spade a spade, hence your tirade here.

4. That is why, my dear sir, I prefer to name out both communities. There is none here who can claim holier-than-though pedestal.

For your reference

Population Growth rate of various religion has come down in the last decade (2001-2011). Hindu Population Growth rate slowed down to 16.76 % from previous decade figure of 19.92% while Muslim witness sharp fall in growth rate to 24.60% (2001-2011) from the previous figure of 29.52 % (1991-2001). Such sharp fall in population growth rate for Muslims didn't happened in the last 6 decades. Christian Population growth was at 15.5% while Sikh population growth rate stood at 8.4%. The most educated and wealthly community of Jains registered least growth rate in 2001-2011 with figure of just 5.4%.

The Growth rate of Hindus, Muslims and Christian is expected to fall more in upcoming 2021 census while other religions like Sikhism, Jainism and Buddism are expected to remain stable for next 2 decades considering already slowed down growth rate of these religions.

http://www.census2011.co.in/religion.php

Also for other indices

http://censusindia.gov.in/Ad_Campaign/drop_in_articles/04-Distribution_by_Religion.pdf

Why can not you accept facts as being facts and not feel 'aggrieved' at correct presentation of facts about India? If we Indians feel so ashamed, maybe we should look at ourselves for the answers ... would you not agree?

1. Who is abusing Hindu and Muslim as religion? I, on the other hand, have highlighted the problem with those following the two beliefs.

2. Because stupidity is on both sides in India, I see no reason to be quiet. The reason is stupidity and lack of education. Look at the census reports, you will get the idea. I have no issue with religions, I have issue with stupidity in name of religion. Is that not the case? Where Muslims reproduce multiple times in name of religion and central and east UP till Bihar Hindus have been given a call to reproduce equally more by VHP?

3. I call spade a spade, hence your tirade here.

4. That is why, my dear sir, I prefer to name out both communities. There is none here who can claim holier-than-though pedestal.

For your reference

Population Growth rate of various religion has come down in the last decade (2001-2011). Hindu Population Growth rate slowed down to 16.76 % from previous decade figure of 19.92% while Muslim witness sharp fall in growth rate to 24.60% (2001-2011) from the previous figure of 29.52 % (1991-2001). Such sharp fall in population growth rate for Muslims didn't happened in the last 6 decades. Christian Population growth was at 15.5% while Sikh population growth rate stood at 8.4%. The most educated and wealthly community of Jains registered least growth rate in 2001-2011 with figure of just 5.4%.

The Growth rate of Hindus, Muslims and Christian is expected to fall more in upcoming 2021 census while other religions like Sikhism, Jainism and Buddism are expected to remain stable for next 2 decades considering already slowed down growth rate of these religions.

http://www.census2011.co.in/religion.php

Also for other indices

http://censusindia.gov.in/Ad_Campaign/drop_in_articles/04-Distribution_by_Religion.pdf

Why can not you accept facts as being facts and not feel 'aggrieved' at correct presentation of facts about India? If we Indians feel so ashamed, maybe we should look at ourselves for the answers ... would you not agree?
The idea is not to derail the thread. If you post such things, then it will be used to derail the thread.

Well the good news is that now they get to drink less water too .......... soon people will evolve into camels with humps to store water :D

Please worry about 40% of your children who are malnourished and the poverty which dwarfs poverty of Sub Saharan Africa in comparison.

The idea is not to derail the thread. If you post such things, then it will be used to derail the thread.

Hardly. Those who will quote me, let them. I will deal with that.

I again reiterate, water woes is something that Pakistan can rectify by looking at itself and following its declared policy of economic development being a priority. I was responding to a Pakistani member, and we both shared the views. It is relevant for India too - th epopulation issue as nicely elucidated by the Pakistani member saiyan0321

Let me worry about de-railing.

Please tag mods if you feel that I am de-railing the thread.

Thanks

Yes water management would be the correct term, because stopping wastage of water is just one element of that.

Whereas all the water from rains is gathered in Western countries, in sub-continent we waste every single drop of heavy monsoon rains.

Besides what you have written we also need to recycle water to recharge sub soil water. We are simply drawing too much & too fast.

Next, our existing water channels ( Canals) seep water resulting in losses. Desilting of reservoirs is also a necessity.

Lastly, in my view we need to device schemes to stop / reduce sweet water from flowing into the sea. It could be in form of canals that take off from the mouths of rivers or something.

You concern is evident, but how long will this water last if we dont save it.

School curriculum must include chapters on water conservation.

India did not dare to do so, I bet a cow :D

images

Please worry about 40% of your children who are malnourished and the poverty which dwarfs poverty of Sub Saharan Africa in comparison.

We are, which is why we are diverting your water into India to serve those children. :D

You OTOH can grow camel humps to deal with your water shortage.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom