What's new

Pakistan's War - Images from the frontlines

Sir Xeric how are you. Long time no see on this forum. :)

This is how an MG 1 A3 looks like without the flash hider:

7830797508_b6bf5a4580.jpg

The flash hider, though used for suppressing the muzzle flash can be modified and used for firing blank rounds i.e. the modified flash hider doesnt allow any gas to leave the barrel (blank rounds produce very less gas/pressure for the obvious reasons) and thus the pressure can be used to re-load the weapon as it would during normal firing.

This might help:

Patent US6973863 - Adaptor for firing blank ammunition - Google Patents

IB there was no need for such an explanation, we need to curb this tendency of some members to falsify the facts, this is notwithstanding the fact that this pic is the reenactment of a real operation and this is how it had taken place actually, and as such we must pay the highest respect to this guy (the real guy). FC has done wonders during operations against the militants, hats off to them!!

So, the pic is from a drama serial. A mere understanding of weapons would reveal the facts - see that 'flash hider' infront of the muzzle of the LMG, well that tells us that 'blank rounds' are being fired and no live ammo is being used, and we dont use patakhas during real operations :D

Xeric my man!!!

there was one video uploaded back in the days related an ambush on a Pak Army convey in tribal areas. the video was shot by soldiers themselves after the attack while the relief came and the injured were being tended to. the person bhind the camera was narrating and moving carea right and left explaining how they came under attack by the terrorists

and then he moved the camera to the sky showing our Cobra Gunship and said that this is our hero and saviour who came to our rescue.

that actual video has been lost on youtube... now.. I couldnt find that original video anymore.

after the Salala post attack.. someone took that video and cut the part where there was praise for the "brave" hero while showing the cobra and then that video is uploaded by that great liar and touted as an attack on Salala by the Americans and then that same helicopter shown for a moment without cometary as if suggesting that it was those Americans.

that great liar is pathetic and shameless to the Nth degree. I wish I find that person and give him a piece of myself. I really do. worse part is that some news Channels like ARY also aired that and gave him some sick sense of fame.

that video was one of those instances where I find it very insulting when pictures/ videos of our heroes are misrepresented. someone used a picture of Capt Tariq at post 407 in Kamra base attack claiming that to be as one of the soldiers that died in the attack. yet another one used the Mehran base picture at night with flames coming from PN planes and claimed that to be as of Kamra.

there is a limit to fabrication my dear and thats why I decide to clarify myself instead of being "found out" by someone else.

IB you are absolutely correct.

This remind of another video where a smartarse Talib (poorly) edited a video by joining two videos and tried to show as if the attack has been made by an American B 52.

One video was of the actual footage of the compound which was destroyed and then in the same video the cam moves towards the sky (shaky hands) and right there the dude attached another (actual) clip of a B 52 dropping bombs, only that the video was of some other operation (probably in Vietnam - the quality of the video was different (old) and a clear mismatch with the quality of the more recent video of the demolished compound), and voila, he succeeded in misleading the aam jaunta.

However, anyone with an IQ of a toad could have seen that the video was fake but unfortunately we have a lot of people in Pakistan, including on PDF and our media whose IQ indeed is lower than that of a toad!

Bhai, sab baat rating or 'first story' ki hoti hai.

The channels want to be the first to get the video and put that exclusive water mark, and get the title of the channel that put the first pic on air. They don't care that is it true or what, just get the thing on TV. Baki baad may sochna.

Bhai, sab baat rating or 'first story' ki hoti hai.

The channels want to be the first to get the video and put that exclusive water mark, and get the title of the channel that put the first pic on air. They don't care that is it true or what, just get the thing on TV. Baki baad may sochna.

Our media, at this point of time is going through a syndrome known as the "CNN Effect". Whereby they are trying hard to influence State's policies, whether in the right direction or not, is none of their concern till the time they get their share of $$$.

Those who have read media, would know that there are two kind of media strategies:

One; (mostly followed by credible media) is not to worry about who breaks the news first, rather they would concentrate on the authenticity of the news. They dont care much if the news gets delayed (though they do believe that a guud news is on-time news) till the time it gets validated. They would first validate the news and then air it.

This kind of media takes no risk as ragards to the authenticity of the news, as this kind of a news channel or newspaper can go out of business with one WRONG news. Also the public towards which these news channels are directed are strict and sensible enough so that no BS is fed to them by some wannabe news channel, in that the public take such media to task if it quotes an unauthenticated news.

Two, (mostly followed by the media in Indo-Pak scenario), their aim is to break the news first and it doesnt matter if the news is false or incomplete. And later if it is revealed that the news was wrong, the max they would do is to stop airing the news, no questions asked. That's how our media works, pehlay break karlo news or mazay kama lo, chahay kisi ki jaan he chali jaye.

562726_423066961062065_1879622733_n.jpg

Please Pray for Capt. Tariq...... My friend send this msg and my eyes was full of tears and with prayers!!!! Please pray for Miracles!!!

His Msg is:
Doctor says he has only 36 hours..... another going but no one can stop him except Allah....
Plz Allah jaani we dont want to lose him, plz we want him back with us, we want to have fun with him.... Allah jani i had so many promises with him i have to fulfill those... Ya Allah u know he had so many dreams in his eyes, he has so many responsibilities on his shoulders he has alot to do for his family so plzzz give him back to us plzzzzzzz

May Allah do whats best for him-

Btw what happened to him?-

i found this picture which i really like. I think its genuine and not a sceen of some drama serial.

our FC guys fought exceptionally and with exemplary braveness in this whole conflict.

310734_165917500165996_100002432419905_318431_1745015487_n.jpg

Its a Scene from Drama Serial " Khuda Zameen say Gya Nahi Hay" .

Please do a little research & not paste ever picture you find & label it authentic.

Our media, at this point of time is going through a syndrome known as the "CNN Effect". Whereby they are trying hard to influence State's policies, whether in the right direction or not, is none of their concern till the time they get their share of $$$.

Those who have read media, would know that there are two kind of media strategies:

One; (mostly followed by credible media) is not to worry about who breaks the news first, rather they would concentrate on the authenticity of the news. They dont care much if the news gets delayed (though they do believe that a guud news is on-time news) till the time it gets validated. They would first validate the news and then air it.

This kind of media takes no risk as ragards to the authenticity of the news, as this kind of a news channel or newspaper can go out of business with one WRONG news. Also the public towards which these news channels are directed are strict and sensible enough so that no BS is fed to them by some wannabe news channel, in that the public take such media to task if it quotes an unauthenticated news.

Two, (mostly followed by the media in Indo-Pak scenario), their aim is to break the news first and it doesnt matter if the news is false or incomplete. And later if it is revealed that the news was wrong, the max they would do is to stop airing the news, no questions asked. That's how our media works, pehlay break karlo news or mazay kama lo, chahay kisi ki jaan he chali jaye.

CNN Effect or Fox News Effect, every media has its own effect but the underlying reason for media in Pakistan -- one would think they are there simply to "entertain" while adding to confusion rather than trying to inform people...

there are exceptions, but by and large the media is just a business...and in Pakistan its a very very lucrative business. These channels like Geo and Dunya are making a KILLING ever since the previous regime in Islamabad liberalized the media.

what we lack in our Pakistan is a panel or platform whereby there can at least be a DISCUSSION on what is journalistic ethics; i.e. setting red lines.

I had friends in Swat during Rah E Rast campaign few years back.....Swat is not in tribal areas as everyone knows, media could go there with much ease.....they were giving away positions of our troops and in doing so, endangered and compromised their safety needlessly.

countless other examples exist.

rumours spread like wildfire in Pakistan......as do hot tempers and emotion. So the a Cornerstone needs to be established and in it should be new codes of journalistic ethics for all channels to follow.

with twitters and blogs gaining momentum this will however be very difficult to gauge.....

a part of me wishes it was just PTV and only PTV, like the good old days but oh well -- wishing alone doesnt change shyt

my advice to Pakistanis (and even advice to myself)........stay away from the news and politics; enjoy more of the outdoors and what nature has to offer. News just makes people take more tension and become more confused.

May Allah do whats best for him-

Btw what happened to him?-

He is alive Alhamdulilah and recovering well Mashallah.

He may be injured but he still looks like he will see another day, INSHALLAH.

Pak Fauj hai. Tab to hm hain. What happened to him, i dont know. I can try to find out; but i assume it's injury sustained by small arms fire only. Hard to say. He's recovering now and receiving care he needs.

His name is Capt. Tariq Jamal, 6 Commando, 118 L/C.

And he is one of many who sacrifice his comfort and safety for the motherland. So dont forget his or others sacrifice and service.

He is alive Alhamdulilah and recovering well Mashallah.

He may be injured but he still looks like he will see another day, INSHALLAH.

Pak Fauj hai. Tab to hm hain. What happened to him, i dont know. I can try to find out; but i assume it's injury sustained by small arms fire only. Hard to say. He's recovering now and receiving care he needs.

His name is Capt. Tariq Jamal, 6 Commando, 118 L/C.

And he is one of many who sacrifice his comfort and safety for the motherland. So dont forget his or others sacrifice and service.

Allegedly injured in Orakzai Op

Back
Top Bottom