What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

" History Repeats Itself "

Pakistani Brigadier who was a serving officer in Special Service Group of Pakistan Army was on Intelligence mission on during Soviet invasion in Afghanistan. The Qahwah in his hand is not just a cup but it indicates the symbol the calmness on his face. He poses for a photo while Soviets in the back are being bombed in Gardez, Afghanistan. The clear message was conveyed to the the world that "Pakistan is the BOSS in this region".The picture taken in operation Cyclone went viral on the internet. But that is not just all, history repeated itself after 30 years.

Here is a revision session, Whoever didn’t get the message the first time, the Americans went back to where they came from but in bits & pieces after a not so welcomed 20 years stay in Afghanistan & another similar picture is taken yesterday with Pakistan again having come out on top. DG ISI Faiz Ahmed was seen enjoying tea in Kabul after the complete pullout of the US army ...

241239905_4220587934715135_4296443397345381370_n.jpg
Brig Yasub Dogar, SSG

Afzal Dogar.jpeg

Here , inside Afghanistan Brig Yasub with Gen Afzal, SJ, SSG who later became a Corps Commander.

Captain Nisar Ahmed of the SS Group - missing believed killed in action on 13ᵗʰ August 1965.

Buried at Khag, across the CFL. awarded the Sitara-e-Jurat.
Standing with his wife Dr SB Abbas, author of 'The Female Voice in Sufi Ritual: Devotional Practices of Pakistan and India'.

1631111789343.png

"We shall meet again beyond the threshold of life – beyond all conflicts of time, wars, prejudices, vanity, jealousy, hatred, sense of right and wrongs; everything that man thinks is important to his worldly existence or name." 56 years on. a must read.

1631111846902.png

For fifty years, I believed that my husband had gone missing or was still a prisoner in an Indian jail, as we never got his body back. It was not until April, last year in 2015, that I accidently found a folder of my late husband’s letters – close to one hundred of which that he had written to me during our three-year relationship, mainly through correspondence.

The uppermost letter in the folder was the one that he wrote last, before he crossed the Line of Control into Indian Kashmir in July, 1965. The eight-page letter, painful as it is, also tells me what his mission was and where he was going. I had obliterated all details of the letter from memory, as I never reread it.

This last letter and the others had travelled with me across the continents for fifty years wherever I studied or worked but I never reread them. I was angry with my husband for abandoning my daughter and I, especially as I did not want to have a child right away in our marriage and even more because he knew about the secret mission that he would be assigned to, in Kashmir. He never told me anything about it all.

I write this article as a prelude to a larger memoir project that I am working on, about Operation Gibraltar. During the course of this operation, my husband Captain Nisar Ahmed was killed in Indian-held Kashmir on August 13, 1965.

https://twitter.com/leftofthepincer/status/1426780208129056769/photo/1

Captain Nisar Ahmed of the SS Group - missing believed killed in action on 13ᵗʰ August 1965.

Buried at Khag, across the CFL. awarded the Sitara-e-Jurat.
Standing with his wife Dr SB Abbas, author of 'The Female Voice in Sufi Ritual: Devotional Practices of Pakistan and India'.

View attachment 776444

"We shall meet again beyond the threshold of life – beyond all conflicts of time, wars, prejudices, vanity, jealousy, hatred, sense of right and wrongs; everything that man thinks is important to his worldly existence or name." 56 years on. a must read.

View attachment 776445

For fifty years, I believed that my husband had gone missing or was still a prisoner in an Indian jail, as we never got his body back. It was not until April, last year in 2015, that I accidently found a folder of my late husband’s letters – close to one hundred of which that he had written to me during our three-year relationship, mainly through correspondence.

The uppermost letter in the folder was the one that he wrote last, before he crossed the Line of Control into Indian Kashmir in July, 1965. The eight-page letter, painful as it is, also tells me what his mission was and where he was going. I had obliterated all details of the letter from memory, as I never reread it.

This last letter and the others had travelled with me across the continents for fifty years wherever I studied or worked but I never reread them. I was angry with my husband for abandoning my daughter and I, especially as I did not want to have a child right away in our marriage and even more because he knew about the secret mission that he would be assigned to, in Kashmir. He never told me anything about it all.

I write this article as a prelude to a larger memoir project that I am working on, about Operation Gibraltar. During the course of this operation, my husband Captain Nisar Ahmed was killed in Indian-held Kashmir on August 13, 1965.

To those who died with their boots on.

An officer commissioned through Short Service Commission in Air-force in non- fighting branches such as accounts, logistics etc. can join SSW?

Commissioned Officer vs Non Commissioned Officer
Lt above cadre vs Sepoy above cadre
Techinically, NCOs are Lance Naik and above ranks. Basically those who have been assigned a supervisory duty over Jawans i.e Sepoy are considered NCOs.

Back
Top Bottom