What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

1599092530837.png

Again I am gonna pitch for low priced optics which don't suck.
SSG and SSG-N use EO-Tech's and Aimpoints Comp M2, M4.
SSW use EO-Techs, Aimpoint Red dots and Eo-techs with magnifiers.

All these Optic setups offer ranging up to 200 yards except SSW's EO-Techs with Magnifiers which provide a range of 300 yards.

So, I am going to mention two optics which are at relative low priced and don't break on you.

First One Is:

Primary Arms SLx 1-6x24mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS-RAPTOR-5.56/.308 ( $399.99 ).

1599126477034.png

This optic will help SSG/SSG-N/SSW personnel to engage targets from 500 yards to 600 yards.
These two are review videos from a active duty USAF TACP.

Notes:
-> ACSS reticle is better.
-> Good Eye Relief and Sight picture.
-> Glass quality is good.
-> Aluminum frame.

Torture Test:

Notes:
-> Platform used is SCAR H-, which is famous for breaking optics because of it strong concussions.
-> Throwing on flat ground doesn't break any thing and zero was not effected.
-> Throwing on rocks twice resulted in small dent on frame, but glass did'n break. Zero shifted but re-zeroed and worked like it was working before.(Which is a standard of pretty much every expensive optic)
-> Laser throw shifted zero but re-zeroed and worked fine.

Second One:
Primary Arms GLx 2X Prism with ACSS CQB-M5 5.56/.308/5.45 Reticle ( $369.99 )

1599127563357.png

Review Video:

Other Option is magnifiers which can be used with Aimpoints and EO-Techs holographic sights which can be easily flipped in and out.

Examples are:
Primary Arms 3X LER Red Dot Magnifier Gen IV(99.9$)
1599128065346.png

Eo-tech g30 magnifier (299.9$)
1599128208707.png

I have spent some time with this TIS. Its highly robust for night ops. But i think it should only be used with M-4 not AK. The AK becomes too front heavy and electronics of the sight suffer savage recoil.

At 4-500m it would be like shooting rabbits with this sight. The blood looks like paint :p:

Maybe, but in my case it helped me alot in getting rid of many bad guys at ranges of 400-600 meters.

I have spent some time with this TIS. Its highly robust for night ops. But i think it should only be used with M-4 not AK. The AK becomes too front heavy and electronics of the sight suffer savage recoil.

Exactly, thts why i always use, even today, with the front end resting on a bipod.....the fore-grip opens up into a bipod.

Experiments with AZB DMR equipped with TIS, bipod and M-118LR have been encouraging, even at medium ranges, i.e. 800m. This setup bridges most problems you would encounter in low light engagements.

Exactly, thts why i always use, even today, with the front end resting on a bipod.....the fore-grip opens up into a bipod.

Good video but not relevant.
if it was related to SOF than its relevant..

P.S a decent setup. Running a single point sling. Fore grip.
And What's with your rifle's dust cover and charging handle?
Its pretty standard dust cover for a Chinese Type-56. The charging handle is interchangeably referred to as the "bolt" generally but both are standard ones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom