What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

Just curious --- why doesn't Pakistan practice face-covering/blurring for its special operators (as is the norm globally)?

Even Zarrar guys often have uncovered faces --- WTF?!

Just curious --- why doesn't Pakistan practice face-covering/blurring for its special operators (as is the norm globally)?

Might not be the latest pictures I guess but your are right should have used balaclava

16387253_1457384124285911_2883348825536083483_n.jpg

Why should they? Most of them will never be involved in undercover ops. The ones that are, you will likely never see their pics online.

Why should they? Most of them will never be involved in undercover ops. The ones that are, you will likely never see their pics online.

One can reasonably assume that "special operations forces" would be involved in undercover ops.

Zarrar is often involved in undercover ops. My wife's mamu was a Zarrar operator before going on to serve in two hardcore ISI wings --- I asked him the same question and he was genuinely surprised that there were Zarrar people (and other active duty spec ops guys) with their faces uncovered / unblurred in pictures.

15977180_10154860415129919_6878272114941236729_n.jpg

Special Service Group

Pakistani special forces have 8 battalions:

1 Commando Battalion (Yaldram)
2 Commando Battalion (Rahber)
3 Commando Battalion (Powindahs) - Special Operations Battalion
4 Commando Battalion (Yalghar)
5 Commando Battalion (Zilzaal)
6 Commando Battalion (Al-Samsaam)
7 Commando Battalion (Babrum)
8 Commando Battalion (Al-Azb)

Each battalion consists of 700 men in four companies, with each company split into platoons and then into 10-man teams. Battalions are commanded by Lieutenant Colonels

Plus two independent commando companies:

Musa Company - Specializes in Amphibious Operations
Zarrar Company - Specializes in Counter-terrorism

One can reasonably assume that "special operations forces" would be involved in undercover ops.

Zarrar is often involved in undercover ops. My wife's mamu was a Zarrar operator before going on to serve in two hardcore ISI wings --- I asked him the same question and he was genuinely surprised that there were Zarrar people (and other active duty spec ops guys) with their faces uncovered / unblurred in pictures.

Zarrar is a much smaller portion of the SSG. Most in the SSG will not be involved in undercover ops.

Zarrar is a much smaller portion of the SSG. Most in the SSG will not be involved in undercover ops.

Agreed, except that I've seen Zarrar guys with their faces uncovered both in video and pictures...

Also, most SSG should be available for undercover ops that require assumed identities --- which becomes harder when your face is on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom