What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

SOG - 2016
FdVo8uc.jpg
ueJFZ8Y.jpg
prOiyoh.jpg
SuHbqLA.jpg
j0fyyf7.jpg

Why are we still using black bulletproof vests, why not provide some that provide appropriate camouflage.
j0fyyf7.jpg
You don't just dispose of old ones for the sake of camouflage schemes. With time, these will improve. We still have helmets in use from the 80s. Currently, a big chunk of FC fund is being invested to improve its infrastructure and mobility.

Why are we still using black bulletproof vests, why not provide some that provide appropriate camouflage.

They're not bullet proof vests. They are load bearing vests and they don't grow on trees. We are a poor country and not everything will ever be standardized in cammo for each service.

When on earth we would get rid of these Toyota Trucks and it's time that all of these Para Military Forces are given under one command.
FC has improved many folds in the past few years than the last few decades. You don't really know the dynamics of a modern army. Many ISAF armies deployed Land Rover Defenders in Afghanistan. FC is finally getting its due share in the budget thus we are seeing a very swift improvement in the overall command and structure. FC do deploy armored vehicles in sensitive areas.
WiZs0Vf.jpg

I read somewhere 100 t59 were refurbished and handed over FC kpk and baluchistan old report so may be more than 100 were provided HIT annual report for 2012/13 or so

Also they have now medium artillery 130mm guns instead of old 25 pounders

So both may have 4 sqn of tanks and 1 or 2 battalion 24-48 medium guns deployed all over the border to provide cover to forward posts , artillery is my guess and may be more not counting army units

Last edited:
Col didnt comment on Baluch police because Police isnt his domain. baluch police is mixed with FC to perform duty because so far its an incapable force.
They sure are being imparted with some much needed training.Kudos Sarge.

FC has improved many folds in the past few years than the last few decades. You don't really know the dynamics of a modern army. Many ISAF armies deployed Land Rover Defenders in Afghanistan. FC is finally getting its due share in the budget thus we are seeing a very swift improvement in the overall command and structure. FC do deploy armored vehicles in sensitive areas.
WiZs0Vf.jpg

thx for the Clearance and information.
Does the gun function?

I read somewhere 100 t59 were refurbished and handed over FC kpk and baluchistan old report so may be more than 100 were provided HIT annual report for 2012/13 or so

Also they have now medium artillery 130mm guns instead of old 25 pounders

So both may have 4 sqn of tanks and 1 or 2 battalion 24-48 medium guns deployed all over the border to provide cover to forward posts , artillery is my guess and may be more not counting army units

I can also confirm that the FC operates the Type-59 IIM with 105 and 125mm cannon, was many time presented on parades!

Back
Top Bottom