What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
SCAR is way out of Pak's financial capacities, the civilian rifle costs over $3000 per unit in the US alone, without any optics. Mil spec versions will cost way more. Moreso, the rifle is not up for licenced manufacture. The Turkish rifles are the prudent choice.
Pakistan can easily afford SCARs; it would cost around 1.2-2 billion dollars; for a unit of 600-800 thousand. We have an excess budget of around 2 billion dollars due to inflation. So budget wont be a problem - but the question is; is it worth it?

Its not going to cost 2 billion in one year and the rifles we would built under license would be around one million because you'd also have to arm the LEAs.

Pakistan can easily afford SCARs; it would cost around 1.2-2 billion dollars; for a unit of 600-800 thousand. We have an excess budget of around 2 billion dollars due to inflation. So budget wont be a problem - but the question is; is it worth it?

wait till mid of April, when am on off days --- now back at work in desert :D,, but am sure nothing would have happened to tank, otherwise he would have told me by now ----

truth be said, being interrogated by Zarvan is like being interrogated by Phuppo about ur salary, job and Nai Gari -------:rofl:

If we start sharing things like this on forums then Raw doesn't even need to spend resources on HUMINT, simply register on Defence.pk and they have all the updated news :D

@Zarvan

this should not have happened because same design is of HK32 5.56, so rechambering 7.62 G3 to 5.56 was not something new ----perhaps they did not study the design properly, or some sort of metallurgical issue

Most likely metallurgical Fuk ups paired with jamming/bullet gettin stuck in chamber --- that sorta thing.... That's if we take SSG officers word for it... Few dozen units were sent to SSG fir evaluation.

P.S; even G-3 jams in Siachin and even in desert conditions(if not cleaned properly).

Also PK-08 was more like a cross between G3 & MP.

Its not going to cost 2 billion in one year and the rifles we would built under license would be around one million because you'd also have to arm the LEAs.
The number would go up to 1.5 million in the long run if you consider the fact that it will also arm paramilitary, the marines, army reserves, navy reserves and all kinds of police forces.

Sadly too many new account pop up and derail many threads... I wish management can restrict them to general section for a stipulated period+posts to ascertain if they are genuine posters or trolls. or keep them out from threads like this..

A request to Indian members and other Pakistani fellows --- Please leave this thread if you are going to indulge yourself in D!ck measuring contest ---- because if that happens, I will surely invite you all and then you guys can have all the stag to your self and brag, whose bigger than whom ---- till then --- ZIP IT

Most likely metallurgical Fuk ups paired with jamming/bullet gettin stuck in chamber --- that sorta thing.... That's if we take SSG officers word for it... Few dozen units were sent to SSG fir evaluation.

P.S; even G-3 jams in Siachin and even in desert conditions(if not cleaned properly).

Also PK-08 was more like a cross between G3 & MP.
I can assure you it must be a metallurgical issue. Pakistan armed forces don't hire enough and capable material engineers and try to utilize mechanical engineers. As a result in the field of material quality, Pakistani products lags behind even from benchmark standards.......
I doubt quality of material of APCs produced in HIT for same reason........

A request to Indian members and other Pakistani fellows --- Please leave this thread if you are going to indulge yourself in D!ck measuring contest ---- because if that happens, I will surely invite you all and then you guys can have all the stag to your self and brag, whose bigger than whom ---- till then --- ZIP IT
Since Indians also tested and "rejected" CZ805 and a rifle of same series is also under trials in Pakistan........ so it's natural for them to start D!ck measuring contest........ if Pakistan ever picked CZ805 with 7.76mm caliber then this discussion will become more hot. Indians will say "Pakistan selected a low class weapon which was REJECTED by Indians" and then verbal war will begun on this Topic........
:coffee:

Am talking about overall expense
Look at it like this: Pakistan gets 100% ToT for FN SCAR H in return for 10% royalty payed to FN for every rifle produced. Local production will cut the costs by 50% and you'll have a rifle for $1650 after paying $150 to FN.

If we produce 1.1 millioin rifles, FN will gain $165 million worth of profits over the course of 5-10 years.

Look at it like this: Pakistan gets 100% ToT for FN SCAR H in return for 10% royalty payed to FN for every rifle produced. Local production will cut the costs by 50% and you'll have a rifle for $1650 after paying $150 to FN.

If we produce 1.1 millioin rifles, FN will gain $165 million worth of profits over the course of 5-10 years.
I see, I took the cost as 3k instead of 1.6k; but nonetheless - this means we have no financial problems when it comes to procuring a new rifle.

BACKGROUND
  • Trail plan shared with OEMs/Firms on 5th November 2015.
  • Ammo lots with better accuracy during proof firing identified and intimated to authorities concerned.
  • Paper evaluation of each offered weapon by I of A. (I of A?)
  • Tech trials scheduled to commence from 15th December 2015. Could not be started due to non-receipt of any weapon.
  • Finally 5 x weapons we received in 3rd week of Jan 2015.
  • One week familiarization training imparted to Individual Training Directorate (?) and user representatives by respective OEMs.
  • Tech trials and user winter trails started concurrently from 4th week of Jan 2015.
Standard Rifle trails.PNG

Please point out errors if you notice any and also explain the acronyms.
480670_4a76547df4fd7a243c3fc13a1a25bc34.jpg

480671_3a08b12d3b45ff25a2f19847bd09f935.jpg

480672_33330cf0e779ab84b29457ccec5e76fd.jpg

@balixd @DESERT FIGHTER @Zarvan @Horus

Last edited:
@Horus

Merge this thread with the sticky thread on the subject if you feel the need to.

SCAR will win.
We will see. :pop:

We are not choosing the Rifle with Best results, but Rifle with best suitability with our Armed forces, economy, doctrine and conditions..................

• Finally 5 x weapons we received in 3rd week of Jan 2015.
We know about Four............................ where is fifth rifle?
@balixd time to ''leak'' more details .............. you were hiding one weapon this whole time.................not fair.

Sir jee can anyone tell me which 5 rifles are under trail?? Please wont be able to sleep until i know

Back
Top Bottom