What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
I'm holding out for a locally designed rifle by a private Pakistani arms manufacturer, with a new, unique caliber.
what's the logic behind developing a new caliber when's there are multiple out in the market that can do the job?

Proof?

Why pakistan doesnt make its own assault rifle like little israel does?
So you want POF to spend time and money in RnD which they should have designed a new platform decades ago and we should be manufacturing that particular rifle.

But they find the easy way like shitty Type-56.
So you want POF to spend time and money in RnD which they should have designed a new platform decades ago and we should be manufacturing that particular rifle.

But they find the easy way like shitty Type-56.
Chinese rifle manufacturing is not that mature. Klashinkov Concern and Fabrique National are producing high quality rifles like AK-74M now AK12 and FAL/SLR now SCAR.

FYI FN FAL OSW is still better battle rifle than G-3

but they are. 308 is very good for longer range engagement like moutains and such
while 556 and such are better for closer quarter combat such as urban warfare
and if we dont like those there are multitude of calibers that could be good for us that we need just to test out

All those who criticizing Chinese arms must also keep in mind that it was the Chinese jf17 and missile that shot down su30 and it were the t59s that formed the back bone of PA. I cna also very confidtly say that vt4s are the most lethal tanks in the south asian Theatre .But instead of vt4s we should have bought 2000 each of top 5 of the dunya ke 10 khatarnK tareen tank by haqeeqat tv (namely : T14s m1a2 and leapord2a7)

yes they are, they have been since the beginning what's changed now?

I would say that I disagree with "they have been since the beginning". PA had chosen 762x51 NATO and didn't adopt the newer NATO caliber because it felt it is underpowered for its needs. I'll let you do your own research why that is so, why NATO chose the round, etc. I've never been one to like to spoon feed people.

I would say that I disagree with "they have been since the beginning". PA had chosen 762x51 NATO and didn't adopt the newer NATO caliber because it felt it is underpowered for its needs. I'll let you do your own research why that is so, why NATO chose the round, etc. I've never been one to like to spoon feed people.
I think you didn't quite understand what I meant. Pakistan DID adopt the 7,62NATO caliber even tho it wasn't specifically made for this environment. That means other calibers can too, potentially. So why go thru the whole process of developing a new caliber if there can be something in the market that can potentially fulfill our needs.
the t59s that formed the back bone of PA
and how did that work out? And I don't think most people have a problem with selecting Chinese systems. It's selecting ONLY Chinese systems, be it the JF-17 and it's avionics, be it most of our tanks, be it most new Naval acquisitions from the new subs to the VLS on the Jinnah-class. Too much dependency on one source, be it the Chinese, doesn't always work out as planned, and what better example for that than our own air force following the 1965 war.

Last edited:
All those who criticizing Chinese arms must also keep in mind that it was the Chinese jf17 and missile that shot down su30 and it were the t59s that formed the back bone of PA. I cna also very confidtly say that vt4s are the most lethal tanks in the south asian Theatre .But instead of vt4s we should have bought 2000 each of top 5 of the dunya ke 10 khatarnK tareen tank by haqeeqat tv (namely : T14s m1a2 and leapord2a7)
I thought it was F-16 and an AMRAAM

I think you didn't quite understand what I meant. Pakistan DID adopt the 7,62NATO caliber even tho it wasn't specifically made for this environment. That means other calibers can too, potentially. So why go thru the whole process of developing a new caliber if there can be something in the market that can potentially fulfill our needs.

and how did that work out? And I don't think most people have a problem with selecting Chinese systems. It's selecting ONLY Chinese systems, be it the JF-17 and it's avionics, be it most of our tanks, be it most new Naval acquisitions from the new subs to the VLS on the Jinnah-class. Too much dependency on one source, be it the Chinese, doesn't always work out as planned, and what better example for that than our own air force following the 1965 war.
We must also keep in mind that china has greater interest in Pakistan moreover too much diversification may also lead to other problem. The best example is our atak helis from turkey which have been delayed because the engines are not being supplied by the US.
and as far as t59/69 are concerned they worked out pretty well and are still being used(and AZ can stull compete in a modern battlefield) it is also to be noted that this tank is still being used while its US m48 has been retired

what's the logic behind developing a new caliber when's there are multiple out in the market that can do the job?
You need to have jet engine class metal to made a world class rifle like SCAR, Beretta, AK-103 etc.. And we are way behind metal field

But Then Sqn. Ldr. Hassan Sidiqqui said other wise...

Anyways keep your self updated.
Siddiqui was flying jf17 and he shot down the su30 while noman was flying f16 and he shot down mig 21.so he's right

Siddiqui was flying jf17 and he shot down the su30 while noman was flying f16 and he shot down mig 21.so he's right
Still living in fairy tale world... Listen Kid watch official documentary get your facts right.

Back
Top Bottom