What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters

There are two tenders. One to replace G3 and one to replace Type 56
From what we see so far. It is clear Pakistan want a rifle in 7.62 either in x39 or x51. So it will be illogical to go for two separate tenders. In this scenario the most suitable options will be CZ 807, MSBS and MPT76. Btw We can forget getting rifles like FN SCAR or Beretta arx 200. even if we select SCAR are you sure FN will continue to provide firearms during wars ? Given that it have very strong relations with US firms.On the other hand Beretta arx 200 have very dim chance almost no.
SO its between Czech CZ 807 BREN and Polish MSBS now !

A comparison chart of all under trial assault rifle would helpful for understanding pros and cons of different rifle.

It wont fail :). CZ is best decision. They will not let this great opportunity go by. But my concern is if someone sells out on your side and is corrupt to not go for it with vested interests.

OK, my vote is for CZ too. Here in Portugal we will replace the G3 too, my choice is HK416/417, my second choice is CZ. CZ is the best for Pakistan, Operational Way, Political Way and Long Term Way. Portugal & South Africa vote CZ!!!
Thanks

OK, my vote is for CZ too. Here in Portugal we will replace the G3 too, my choice is HK416/417, my second choice is CZ. CZ is the best for Pakistan, Operational Way, Political Way and Long Term Way. Portugal & South Africa vote CZ!!!
Thanks
pa. bon dia.

It wont fail :). CZ is best decision. They will not let this great opportunity go by. But my concern is if someone sells out on your side and is corrupt to not go for it with vested interests.

Thanks
So if, in theory, POF picks the CZ, would Portugal and South Africa buy Pakistani-made CZs? :P

So if, in theory, POF picks the CZ, would Portugal and South Africa buy Pakistani-made CZs? :P
SA will never buy small arms from external sources; it is a govt policy to buy local. We have already a local armscor replacement for R4 in flight right now but there is no pressing requirement to move for R4 at present. Similarly Vector is producing side arms for similar use for both police/army. Similarly for sniping, mortars, LMGs are all local which evolved from prior experiences/licences.

But here in SA, CZ is one of the largest sellers in personal sidearms market. So there is an opportunity for hunting rifles, 9mm, 9mmK range.

Personally own CZ-75B for over 28+ yrs. Never let me down. I have tried the Norinco clones, Tangolio all from same copied but CZ is CZ and commands a much higher price locally than any other foreign makes. Taurus is the other most popular one followed by Vector.

Olá, aqui é boa Noite!
bom amigo, obrigado. amo pão portugues

SA will never buy small arms from external sources; it is a govt policy to buy local. We have already a local armscor replacement for R4 in flight right now but there is no pressing requirement to move for R4 at present. Similarly Vector is producing side arms for similar use for both police/army. Similarly for sniping, mortars, LMGs are all local which evolved from prior experiences/licences.

But here in SA, CZ is one of the largest sellers in personal sidearms market. So there is an opportunity for hunting rifles, 9mm, 9mmK range.

Personally own CZ-75B for over 28+ yrs. Never let me down. I have tried the Norinco clones, Tangolio all from same copied but CZ is CZ and commands a much higher price locally than any other foreign makes. Taurus is the other most popular one followed by Vector.
What if POF committed to an offset package wherein it bought a stake in Vector? It'd be FDI from Pakistan's end, but if done correctly, it could be a way for POF to bring in hard-currency to Pakistan via Vector's profits (e.g. by selling goods to the regional market in southern Africa)?

What if POF committed to an offset package wherein it bought a stake in Vector? It'd be FDI from Pakistan's end, but if done correctly, it could be a way for POF to bring in hard-currency to Pakistan via Vector's profits (e.g. by selling goods to the regional market in southern Africa)?
That would be a huge challenge. Vector makes already fairly good profits via exports to local regional markets as well as Far East. At present any outsourcing of manpower is a political suicide in our country given the bad bad dealings with south asians post Guptas.

From what we see so far. It is clear Pakistan want a rifle in 7.62 either in x39 or x51. So it will be illogical to go for two separate tenders. In this scenario the most suitable options will be CZ 807, MSBS and MPT76. Btw We can forget getting rifles like FN SCAR or Beretta arx 200. even if we select SCAR are you sure FN will continue to provide firearms during wars ? Given that it have very strong relations with US firms.On the other hand Beretta arx 200 have very dim chance almost no.
SO its between Czech CZ 807 BREN and Polish MSBS now !
FN is offering entire TOT and License to export and in fact there are more chances of SCAR coming than BREN as of now. SCAR will be produced in Pakistan so will be the Rifle which would be selected in x 39 category. @balixd No Sir x 39 is not the priority in fact there are more chances that Pakistan may drop this caliber.

@Horus

FN is offering entire TOT and License to export and in fact there are more chances of SCAR coming than BREN as of now. SCAR will be produced in Pakistan so will be the Rifle which would be selected in x 39 category. @balixd No Sir x 39 is not the priority in fact there are more chances that Pakistan may drop this caliber.

@Horus

everyone is now of the opinion that the likelihood of FN is null. But you carry on. Its July now where is the tender selection?

@Horus

So SCAR have more chances even without signing any LOU. and we haven't heard anything from them. SCAR is a weapon that Pakistan will purchase in small numbers for SSG and not for service rifles. And SCAR cost so much that European countries have difficulties in purchasing it .

A comparison chart of all under trial assault rifle would helpful for understanding pros and cons of different rifle.
SCAR = expensive and political reasons in future
ARX 200 = expensive
CZ 807= cost effective then SCAR and ARX
MSBS= cost effective and not in trials

everyone is now of the opinion that the likelihood of FN is null. But you carry on. Its July now where is the tender selection?
We are more in talks with FN than any company else Janab than if people are making assumptions based on some hilarious notions than I can do nothing about it. We as of now as 8 Frigates and Corvettes 4 Corvettes and 8 Submarines on order but we somehow we are short of money for buying Assault Rifles. And secondly we didn't got drunk and than decided to start Military trials. We knew price of each rifle when we went ahead and started the trials. So please for GOD love of GOD stop coming up with amusingly hilarious situations Janab.

@Naveed66
So SCAR have more chances even without signing any LOU. and we haven't heard anything from them. SCAR is a weapon that Pakistan will purchase in small numbers for SSG and not for service rifles. And SCAR cost so much that European countries have difficulties in purchasing it .

SCAR = expensive and political reasons in future
ARX 200 = expensive
CZ 807= cost effective then SCAR and ARX
MSBS= cost effective and not in trials
So you assumption :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha: is based on that LOU

We are more in talks with FN than any company else Janab than if people are making assumptions based on some hilarious notions than I can do nothing about it. We as of now as 8 Frigates and Corvettes 4 Corvettes and 8 Submarines on order but we somehow we are short of money for buying Assault Rifles. And secondly we didn't got drunk and than decided to start Military trials. We knew price of each rifle when we went ahead and started the trials. So please for GOD love of GOD stop coming up with amusingly hilarious situations Janab.

@Naveed66

So you assumption :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha: is based on that LOU
Do you know the definition of letter of understanding ?
Did FN announce that they are negotiating like CZ did ?
Do you think FN will continue to support during war as they are highly influenced by US ?

Back
Top Bottom