What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
What I know is MPT 76 was among one of the best performing rifles in our trials. Sir @PanzerKiel can confirm it with heart emoji reaction on this post. So those who have used it know they work. Turkey just like us was user of G3. And replaced with MPT 76. They are doing good in this industry. Just look at finishing of your Rifle BW 20 and look at their finishing. And in modern warfare both matters. Because the modern machinery has given so much technology that if you make a good gun which has good rate of fire without jamming and can survive in extreme temperatures trust me it would also have really fine finishing.
I have not seen the production prototype of BW-20. Have you? And what makes you think the pre-production prototype of BW-20 has subpar finishing? Do you even know what finishing is? Finishing is not aesthetic appeal, nor is it a rail over the barrel.

Yes decision making. Like not getting MRAP for soldiers for decades and loosing several thousand soldiers. For taking U turn and getting Pakistani into an war which caused 70000 deaths. Like imposing MAFIAS like Nawaz and Bhutto clan on Pakistan. Not to forget 71. So please don't tell me about decision making.
Stop being thick, Zarvan. We are not discussing MRAP procurement, politics, or the 1971 war.

It is a good thing then that you are not involved in the decision-making. Next time, support your opinion with an argument/reasons.
As for reasons. Well Turkey in case you failed to notice has massive defence industry which is growing further and further. Turkey also replaced its G3 with MPT 76. Turkey has several companies which are making small arms. Like Kale and Kalip, Sarsilmaz, Canik and others. Many of them have hired people who have worked with companies like FN, Berreta, SIG and others. Plus our R and D of POF sucks and POF can hardly design a new gun on its own which can be of any proper use. Therefore getting TOT and then developing with R and D with Turkey's help plus joint ventures is way forward @RAMPAGE

As for reasons. Well Turkey in case you failed to notice has massive defence industry which is growing further and further. Turkey also replaced its G3 with MPT 76. Turkey has several companies which are making small arms. Like Kale and Kalip, Sarsilmaz, Canik and others. Many of them have hired people who have worked with companies like FN, Berreta, SIG and others. Plus our R and D of POF sucks and POF can hardly design a new gun on its own which can be of any proper use. Therefore getting TOT and then developing with R and D with Turkey's help plus joint ventures is way forward @RAMPAGE
what issues did you find with the new rifles that POF have introduced like BW20

None of those is a reason not to procure the BW-20. POF's Salman Ali had said the PA likes the BW-20, and it overcomes the shortfalls of the G-3.

By the way, here is a G-3 (HK-53 to be more specific) and an MP5 with furniture that should satisfy your rifle fetish. I suspect this can be put on the BW-20.

1663078075634.png

No sex-appeal.

Last edited:
Produce 10000 of them as initial batch. Give them to soldiers on LOC, Afghan Border and other areas where we face attack. If soldiers doesn't come crying them ask me.

Produce 10000 of them as initial batch. Give them to soldiers on LOC, Afghan Border and other areas where we face attack. If soldiers doesn't come crying them ask me.
you did not answer my question?

you did not answer my question?
I did. I know what Mr Salman is claiming but I am pretty sure he is wrong. And test them in real life. You would hear lot of same issues like jamming, heating up, plus seriously bad ergonomics. Like I said go ahead produce a initial batch of 10000 and put them to test. Soldiers answers after using them for few months will tell you all.

I have not seen the production prototype of BW-20. Have you? And what makes you think the pre-production prototype of BW-20 has subpar finishing? Do you even know what finishing is? Finishing is not aesthetic appeal, nor is it a rail over the barrel.

Stop being thick, Zarvan. We are not discussing MRAP procurement, politics, or the 1971 war.
I have heard from people who have had experience visiting POF factories and western factories that POF uses older machining tools. So it is not far fetched to say that western equipment will have better finishing than local products, not to say our domestic industry makes unreliable weapons but western industries are more upto date. Also might i add the bw20 isnt the only battle rifle contending for being inducted at the moment.

I have heard from people who have had experience visiting POF factories and western factories that POF uses older machining tools. So it is not far fetched to say that western equipment will have better finishing than local products, not to say our domestic industry makes unreliable weapons but western industries are more upto date. Also might i add the bw20 isnt the only battle rifle contending for being inducted at the moment.
They use older tools because you never bothered to update them. Plus the latest technology which world uses will give you both good finish plus a reliable weapon. Go ahead with BW 20. Produce 10000 initial batch give them to soldiers in hotspots and results in 8 months will prove what I am saying.

They use older tools because you never bothered to update them. Plus the latest technology which world uses will give you both good finish plus a reliable weapon. Go ahead with BW 20. Produce 10000 initial batch give them to soldiers in hotspots and results in 8 months will prove what I am saying.
Yep. Equipment needs update asap. In my opinion we need a modular AR like platform.

Last edited:
I did. I know what Mr Salman is claiming but I am pretty sure he is wrong. And test them in real life. You would hear lot of same issues like jamming, heating up, plus seriously bad ergonomics. Like I said go ahead produce a initial batch of 10000 and put them to test. Soldiers answers after using them for few months will tell you all.
Have you shot the Turkish guns or even POF guns? You are making a claim without any proof? Salman on the other hand has fired thousands of rounds from these guns, I am yet to see a better shooter then him in Pakistan.
You are advocating something without even checking it out. Do you know the merits and demerits of 5.56 and 7.62 and what and why PA wants to go for.
Stop going for anything which is shiny and bling. Guns are tools not some showpiece that they have to look good. Guns only have to perform well.

Pristine finishing is neither here nor there. In PA trials, AK-103 was the most reliable contender in harsh conditions. I doubt its finishing is as good as FN Scar's.

Pristine finishing is neither here nor there. In PA trials, AK-103 was the most reliable contender in harsh conditions. I doubt its finishing is as good as FN Scar's.
Agreed but machinery used makes a very big difference in build quality of rifles.

Have you shot the Turkish guns or even POF guns? You are making a claim without any proof? Salman on the other hand has fired thousands of rounds from these guns, I am yet to see a better shooter then him in Pakistan.
You are advocating something without even checking it out. Do you know the merits and demerits of 5.56 and 7.62 and what and why PA wants to go for.
Stop going for anything which is shiny and bling. Guns are tools not some showpiece that they have to look good. Guns only have to perform well.
Have you ever wondered ? Why most modern rifles which are in use with militaries around the world also look good. No they weren't designed to look good but do their job. But modern technology now makes sure you achieve both. Your argument was valid until 30 years ago. Same goes for all things in the world. Wehther they are cars, phones, mobiles and other things. As for Salman please go ahead produce 10000 as initial batch and give them to soldiers and it would tell how much they work. Yes experience. Turkish rifles did really well in trials and we can work with Turkey to improve them further according to our requirements plus get TOT and R and D at POF and do JV with them

Screenshot_20220917-214417_YouTube.jpg

Mpt76 was disqualified in the trials.

Back
Top Bottom