What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
A little off topic but Mk262 Mod1 is one of the most devastating rounds available for 5.56mm. Greentip is notorious for its lack of tumbling effect and zips through its target. There are many comparison videos available of xm193 vs greentip vs mk262 mod1. Even the older xm193 performs better than the greentip. I tried to find mk262 in Pakistan but no luck so far.
Did you tried less than legal market.
Wouldn't you want a soldier to have a gun that could shoot at further distances albeit heavier.
With time fatigue will kick in.

Why don't give soldiers a platform that shoot .308 and much lighter than G-3 or make G-3 lighter.

Last edited:
Check out this modified G-3 of Ex Medic in German Army CSAR team

IMG_20210811_202451.jpg

For the guys wondering it's not longer than standard G-3. The M-LOK rail system covering the barrel and muzzle device makes it looks longer.

Germany even refused to sell weapons to India. And trust me India can afford them. We can also afford them. We invited every one. They themselves chose not to come.

Go learn something about CQB and few other stuff. 5.56 for Police and law enforcement in cities is more then enough. What you work on is training of your Police plus giving the scopes and other stuff along with establishing special forces unit and helicopters and other stuff.
5.56 in hands of Police is adequate by all means. And could stand on its own against ak copies. US law enforcement was upgraded from 9mm, shotguns, other handguns to 5.56 Assault Rifles along with better armored vehicles and now people even complain about militarization of Police there. US is notorious in violent crimes and guns for everyone culture, criminals there have easy access to better armaments and body armor. Even then police is very much effective with their 5.56 there.

Well if you talk about military, it's entirely another topic then.

My dear anyone who says they can take a couple of 5.56 rounds and survive has never shot or seen damage from a 5.56. It is a devastating round. Also please remember there is more to a round's efficacy than just its caliber. There is also velocity. Finally range also factors as does arching and tumbling once on target (not to mention personal armor penetration/protection at different ranges comes into play as well). So please avoid making this argument. Ballistics are complex.

Also the 5.56 round was not a function of increase in female soldiers in the US Army. The primary purpose of this round which is called the Nato spec (5.56Nato), was meant for a few reasons:

1) Lighter rounds allowing for greater number that can be carried by a solider
2) Goal of round was to critically injure soldiers rather than kill (instantly), so one injured soldier would require a min of 2-3 to take care of them. This would tie up more soldiers in caring for the injured soldier than be actively engaged in battle.

The above allowed for building some balance to the size differential in number of soldiers between the Eastern and Western block.

Hope this gives you a bit of perspective on why the Nato Spec was chosen - it was not because more women were being recruited. This decision was made well before that shift in recruitment.

I think the above has been discussed at detail so I am not adding much to this discourse.
What is important to discuss on this thread is why PA has not finalized a rifle. G3s are in a bad state. G3s issued to the field are not the pristine ones one gets to see at IDEAS. They are weathered, beaten down and often run through field issues. Also G3s have a massive recoil, and putting accurate high rate of fire at distances is very difficult.

PA needs to close the loop on their NGIW.

Sorry one additional thing I failed to mention was PA also has Chinese SMG as standard issue, not just a G3. For one the Chinese AK SMG is heavier than its Soviet or Eastern European version. This is a function of Stamped vs Filed Block. Chinese being a filed block. Also though both rounds are 7.62 there is differences that do not allow for easy inter changeability of ammo. A 7.62 round for an AK will cause challenges in a G3.
G3 is less forgiving and both weapons have a difference in muzzle velocity. And last both the current (PK deployed versions) Chinese SMG and the current version of G3 have odd ball attachments / accessories. They are not standardized. Most modern rifles will have a standards approach to things likes, free-floating barrel, muzzle suppressors, retractible stocks, optics, IR/Laser Illuminators and slings. A well integrated modern NGIW will be accretive to the punching power of PK's infantry. PA needs to stop fooling around with this most essential procurement decision.

Looks really. Then how come SCAR came first in our trials. To which dominated the trials were SCAR and AK 103. Although several other guns passed. But after six years I give a dam which Rifle comes even CZ and AK-103 I am happy only thing I want is even if CZ comes it comes as whole series from that what I mean is we produce 5.56 CZ and CZ 7.62 X 39 and CZ 7.62 X 51.
no matter how many F#ckin times we show any evidence especially of those who were among the trials. No one said that one rifle WAS THE DA BESHT:cuckoo:. Some rifles were good in accuracy like the AR rifle and other rifles were better in other parameters.

But this dheet mitti nature can never be cured.

I don't know which less than legal markets you are talking about but I tried Quetta, Darra adamkhel, Lahore, Rawalpindi but couldn't find it anywhere. Those who said it will be provided on demand also backed off in a couple of days. But they surely know about mk262 mod1.

Sorry one additional thing I failed to mention was PA also has Chinese SMG as standard issue, not just a G3. For one the Chinese AK SMG is heavier than its Soviet or Eastern European version. This is a function of Stamped vs Filed Block. Chinese being a filed block. Also though both rounds are 7.62 there is differences that do not allow for easy inter changeability of ammo. A 7.62 round for an AK will cause challenges in a G3.
G3 is less forgiving and both weapons have a difference in muzzle velocity. And last both the current (PK deployed versions) Chinese SMG and the current version of G3 have odd ball attachments / accessories. They are not standardized. Most modern rifles will have a standards approach to things likes, free-floating barrel, muzzle suppressors, retractible stocks, optics, IR/Laser Illuminators and slings. A well integrated modern NGIW will be accretive to the punching power of PK's infantry. PA needs to stop fooling around with this most essential procurement decision.
:rofl:
The attachments you are talking about can easily be attached to our current G3 rifles by just changing current furniture with some rail mounting systems. G3 and even MP5 has barrel attachment for suppressors. G3 can support fully collapsible stock which even M4 can't able to do so.

Well its a bit complicated on legacy AK platforms though. But still one can mount all the accessories they require by slapping picatany rail system on it and proprietary scope mountings attachments. But Modern AKs are built from ground to be able to receive enough accessories and modularity in mind.

g3 is 7.62x51 NATO
AK is 7.62x39

not the same 😉

With time fatigue will kick in.

Why don't give soldiers a platform that shoot .308 and much lighter than G-3 or make G-3 lighter.
Thats what I think should happen, 7.62×51 is adequate. Plus there are a slew of modren upgrades for it Mexico and Brazil are using it. Nordic countries, and other euro countries have it. There are also newer guns chambered in 762Nato.
My problem is that nothing is happening neither upgrades for G-3 or procurement of newer gun

Back
Top Bottom