What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
First photos of MSBS 7.62x51. Standard 16" version and DMR with 20" barrel. Pakistani delegation had the opportunity to test them last week.

msbs762n-04.jpg

msbs762n-09.jpg

8093.jpg
MSBS can fullfill both Caliber required by PA ...

After number of visits to Poland which are mentioned , going of Pak Army chief might have resulted signing a contract because for some time Army chief is signing most of the defense deals..

AK platform all the way, that is all I have to say, ut it in 556, 545,or 762, it will eat uo everything anywhere......
Sadly western slave minds still makes us think that Oh M4 is so good compared to crummy ruski crap,
I have used both and personally, for fun and leisure hunting and CQB urban warfare i would use a M4 but for desert, mountain , snow, mud , river , plains , coastal warfare an AK is as reliable as you can get from a weapon and considering our main enemy is India, not invading other nations with airborne troops to fight in their cities against insurgents,
AK zinda baad

8093.jpg

If you pay attention to this image then it clearly shows rifles with suppressor on, Rifles with optics. DMR Rifles. It shows a GMPG with a Thermal scope on, something Pakistani forces do to their GPMG and something desperately needed to replace WW2 era MG3.

An anti material rifle and a guy standing in the background with a sniper rifle, next to him you can spot 2 barrels of sniper rifles as well.

All things that were a requirement of the rifle trials and other things that the armed forces needs to induct replacing outdated platforms is visible in this picture. So naturally it makes sense that Poland offers it all under one umbrella. The thinking seems to be is purchase all from one vendor instead of buying one rifle from one vendor. GMPG from another vendor. Sniper rifles from different vendors.

Not a Good Choice.
Why?

One guy just told us he started a job at very good area I have already told him to find out
Hazrat @Zarvan that means 'twadi SCAR di phen di siri' Army aint done looking for rifles!

8093.jpg

If you pay attention to this image then it clearly shows rifles with suppressor on, Rifles with optics. DMR Rifles. It shows a GMPG with a Thermal scope on, something Pakistani forces do to their GPMG and something desperately needed to replace WW2 era MG3.

An anti material rifle and a guy standing in the background with a sniper rifle, next to him you can spot 2 barrels of sniper rifles as well.

All things that were a requirement of the rifle trials and other things that the armed forces needs to induct replacing outdated platforms is visible in this picture. So naturally it makes sense that Poland offers it all under one umbrella. The thinking seems to be is purchase all from one vendor instead of buying one rifle from one vendor. GMPG from another vendor. Sniper rifles from different vendors.

Why?

Hazrat @Zarvan that means 'twadi SCAR di phen di siri' Army aint done looking for rifles!
Correctly spotted my dear, they tested out all weapons in each category and it woukd make sense too.....but what they going to do with 7.62x39.....this variant is still under development.....
I believe negotiations did not go welk with CZ , otherwise that is much better option, CZ has a history of developing quality firearms as compared to Polish.....and as you said.....looks like ScAR di phen di siri....

Correctly spotted my dear, they tested out all weapons in each category and it woukd make sense too.....but what they going to do with 7.62x39.....this variant is still under development.....
I believe negotiations did not go welk with CZ , otherwise that is much better option, CZ has a history of developing quality firearms as compared to Polish.....and as you said.....looks like ScAR di phen di siri....
Is it me or does it seem rare these days to see firearm OEMs approve of 3rd party sales? Firstly, not many countries are actually manufacturing new rifle designs under license. Secondly, I can't find a buying country being allowed to sell an OEM's designs unless the OEM is an equity partner in the whole thing.

I'm starting to think ... to export a new rifle, you'll basically have to own the IP. It's possible (because it's a new entrant) Polish OEMs (e.g. Fabryka Broni, ZMT, etc) are willing to maybe approve of POF selling copies of their rifles provided the Polish companies win every Pakistani contract?

SCAR is still in the game this has nothing related to SCAR it is basically for that 500 Marksman Rifle which we were looking to buy from a company of UK but now we have decided to go for this one @Stealth @Path-Finder

Is it me or does it seem rare these days to see firearm OEMs approve of 3rd party sales? Firstly, not many countries are actually manufacturing new rifle designs under license. Secondly, I can't find a buying country being allowed to sell an OEM's designs unless the OEM is an equity partner in the whole thing.

I'm starting to think ... to export a new rifle, you'll basically have to own the IP. It's possible (because it's a new entrant) Polish OEMs (e.g. Fabryka Broni, ZMT, etc) are willing to maybe approve of POF selling copies of their rifles provided the Polish companies win every Pakistani contract?
Yes, indeed thats possible even the russians are not allowing anyone to produce their AK12 variants or AN94 or AEK 971...
Polish are not well establoshed in the industry yet with this design it wouod make sense for them to broaden their horizon, allowing POF to produce their weapons and then be sold to.Muslim countries ? Could be way of their marketing too

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom