What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Till now other than senior Military Officers who are head of POF, I can tell you POF guys have hardly any clue what is going on with Rifle trials. But interesting thing is now Air Chief visited same company which was recently visited by POF head and others
and you know the reason for that? the middle management staff is mostly civilians hence the exchange of information that happens in Military horizontally is absent, there is a flow of information horizontally in the armed forces and there is vertically.....since PoF middle management is cut off from the chain, they will only know what they are informed about.......
what surprised me more is PoF exploring the options of Rifle by themselves, perhaps they want to offer something different to the Military too? same as the case with Azb bolt & DMR

and you know the reason for that? the middle management staff is mostly civilians hence the exchange of information that happens in Military horizontally is absent, there is a flow of information horizontally in the armed forces and there is vertically.....since PoF middle management is cut off from the chain, they will only know what they are informed about.......
what surprised me more is PoF exploring the options of Rifle by themselves, perhaps they want to offer something different to the Military too? same as the case with Azb bolt & DMR
I have a opinion which I would repeat here that is if we are getting TOT and permission to export that POF should produce at least more than one rifle series. We can make lot of money by doing that. It would take lot of investment but we can earn money for next several decades by doing this

If the POF Chairman is involving himself in the rifles, then what the POF middle management know or don't know is a moot point. If the POF leadership knows, then POF as a stakeholder knows.

I have a opinion which I would repeat here that is if we are getting TOT and permission to export that POF should produce at least more than one rifle series. We can make lot of money by doing that. It would take lot of investment but we can earn money for next several decades by doing this
and you think SCAR would let you do that??? i really really doubt that man

@Game.Invade
has to be Grot because Poland itself is replacing Beryl......and as shown in the photos, the brochure is of Grot
If FB is phasing out the Beryl, then it might be easy for POF to pick-up exclusive production and marketing rights for it. It's a possibility, if even an unlikely one.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
53 Thousand Grot Rifles for the Polish Armed Forces. Contract Concluded
More than 53 thousand 5.56 mm MSBS rifles are going to be received by the Polish Army until the year 2020, on the grounds of a contract signed during the MSPO 2017 defence salon in Kielce, on Tuesday. The firearm, which is going to be received both by the regular units of the Polish Armed Forces, as well as by the Territorial Defence component, has received a name: “Grot”.

The agreement has been signed by the commander of the Nil military unit, Col. Mirosław Krupa, and by members of the boards of the Polish Armaments Group – President Błażej Wojnicz and Szczepan Ruman, and of the “Łucznik” Radom firearms manufacturing facility – President Adam Suliga and Maciej Borecki. The ceremony which took place on the first day of the 15th edition of the MSPO Defence Industry Salon also involved the head of the Polish Ministry of Defence, Antoni Macierewicz.

The contract value has been defined as almost half billion zlotys, which, as the PGZ representatives stress, means that this is one of the most significant firearms procurement contracts after the year 1989. The contract concerns the procurement and deliveries of the “Grot” C 16 FB-M1 weapon which is a member of the MSBS rifle family - as the release issued by the Polish Armaments Group reads.

Until the year 2020, the Polish Armed Forces are to receive more than 53 thousand Grot rifles. Out of the quantity above, the first 1000 examples are to become the armament of the Territorial Defence units. The aforesaid branch of the Armed Forces, together with the Special Forces and the Military Police, has been testing the MSBS firearms for three months this year.

The head of the Polish Ministry of Defence, Antoni Macierewicz, stressed the fact that conclusion of the agreement has been reached at a rapid pace. - This indeed is an extraordinary event, not only because we were just witnessing an event of conclusion of a contract of enormous value, exceeding 500 million zlotys, not only because as a result of the above more than 53 thousand state of the art, the most modern in existence, rifles would be handed out to the Special Forces, operational units and to the Territorial Defence component, and not only because the first 1000 rifles would be delivered this year, until December, but, above all, because we were able to do all of the above in an unbelievably short period of time – as Macierewicz stated.

The Minister was stressing the fact that Grot is a world class achievement and that it has gone through “all of the tests, both in the Special Operations component, as well as in the Territorial Defence branch, exceeding the expectations.” – Its reliability cannot be compared to any other weapon - as it was stated by Macierewicz. Antoni Macierewicz emphasized the fact that the contract was being created until 6AM in the morning on Tuesday................................................................

http://www.defence24.com/657859,53-...or-the-polish-armed-forces-contract-concluded

Makes sense......

Yep, read it. The Grot is a promising design.
what i found from un official sources on France weapon trails is that MSBS failed to get the contract based on political reasons as well as technical...although there was nothing wrong with the weapon......... it was the product that was being offered

what i found from un official sources on France weapon trails is that MSBS failed to get the contract based on political reasons as well as technical...although there was nothing wrong with the weapon......... it was the product that was being offered

The only rifles that took part in the trial to replace the Famas were the Scar-L,the HK-416A5,the ARX-160,the VHS-2 and the SIG MCX...

The only rifles that took part in the trial to replace the Famas were the Scar-L,the HK-416A5,the ARX-160,the VHS-2 and the SIG MCX...
i read at The Firearm Blog that MSBS was also part of the trail.........?

Back
Top Bottom