What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
The 5.45mm Kalashnikov RPK-16 light machine gun is a prototype of the new Squad Automatic weapon proposed by “Kalashnikov” Concern. Based on traditional Kalashnikov layout and design, it has several novel technical and ergonomic features derived from the AK-12 program, as well as some specific “machine gun” upgrades such as detachable barrels that are available in two lengths, long and short. First displayed to the public at Army-2016 expo, it is still in development. Eventually this gun is intended to replace old 5.45mm RPK-74 light machine guns / squad automatic weapons.

Kalashnikov RPK-16 light machine gun uses traditional gas operated action with rotary bolt locking. It fires from closed bolt, in single shots and full auto. It has interchangeable barrels in two configurations. Long barrels are useful for standard military operations, while short barrels are intended for close combat and Special Operations. To further improve versatility of the gun, RPK-16 has several integrated Picatinny rails that can mount variety of sights and accessories, and can be equipped with sound suppressor. Special high capacity drum magazine is being developed for RPK-16 to give its users additional firepower.

Caliber: 5.45x39
Length, (mm) : with short barrel: 896 (651 w. stock folded)
with long barrel: 1076 (831 w. stock folded)
Barrel length(mm): 370 or 500

Rate of fire, rounds per minute :~700
Feed and capacity : Magazine, drum 96 rounds or box 30 rounds.
View attachment 417977View attachment 417978View attachment 417979
i posted pictures and videos of these ak's , sadly no one gave a shit about my effort to persuade them that this is a viable choice

So recently a contract was signed with Kalshnikov Russian firm , that means .... what
It means nothing that contract is for Civilian Market. POF will market and sell Kalashnikov products in our civilian market

Can anyone confirm this Pakistan Ready to Buy Half Million New Infantry Rifles CZ 806 BREN A2

i posted pictures and videos of these ak's , sadly no one gave a shit about my effort to persuade them that this is a viable choice
It was never about viability, all the rifles are viable, what matters is which is best suited for PA's future. Not just fighting insurgents, but fighting a conventional army.

Is thread ka to Allah hi hafiz :hitwall::omghaha:

It is understandable that that some members maybe frustrated because Pak Army planners are taking a long time before finalizing their choice. May I suggest that we look at the problem from a slighly different perspective?

With the exception of the nuclear weapons, in order to defend, capture and hold any territory, one needs boots on the ground which basically means employing foot soldiers / infantry. Since the days of the sword are no more, most important weapon of the infantry man is his rifle, as without an effective & reliable rifle, a foot soldier is like a sitting duck for the enemy.

G-3 was first introduced in Pak Army in 1967 that is 50 years ago, except for it being a little heavy and with a big kick; G-3 is still a very competent assault rifle. The new rifle must therefore be rugged and designed so that it could remain effective for the next 40 - 50 years. Additionally modern assault rifles being expensive; its replacement must offer significant advantage over G-3 to justify the expense.

When all of the above is taken into consideration, I am not surprised that the decision on the new assault rifle is taking a long time; at the end of the day army jawan’s life depends upon the rifle he carries. I don’t mind the time, but sincerely hope that final choice meets Pak Army requirements for the next 50 years. I therefore suggest 'Patience' to my compatriot brothers.

It is understandable that that some members maybe frustrated because Pak Army planners are taking a long time before finalizing their choice. May I suggest that we look at the problem from a slighly different perspective?

With the exception of the nuclear weapons, in order to defend, capture and hold any territory, one needs boots on the ground which basically means employing foot soldiers / infantry. Since the days of the sword are no more, most important weapon of the infantry man is his rifle, as without an effective & reliable rifle, a foot soldier is like a sitting duck for the enemy.

G-3 was first introduced in Pak Army in 1967 that is 50 years ago, except for it being a little heavy and with a big kick; G-3 is still a very competent assault rifle. The new rifle must therefore be rugged and designed so that it could remain effective for the next 40 - 50 years. Additionally modern assault rifles being expensive; its replacement must offer significant advantage over G-3 to justify the expense.

When all of the above is taken into consideration, I am not surprised that the decision on the new assault rifle is taking a long time; at the end of the day army jawan’s life depends upon the rifle he carries. I don’t mind the time, but sincerely hope that final choice meets Pak Army requirements for the next 50 years. I therefore suggest 'Patience' to my compatriot brothers.
Well we understand and trials are taking place and some Guns who didn't performed well initially changed few things in there Rifles and brought them back for trials that is also delaying things and also few more companies came. So let see @Horus

My earlier post was more about the quality of the content in this thread rather than army taking a long time to decide on a rifle.

Pak-LEA-CZ-807-92HD-692x360.png

Aimpoint_adds_new_Comp5_sight_to_its_professional_product_line_001.jpg

Aimpoint's Comp5 sight at DSEi 2017

Aim Point new Sight

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom