What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
supposing that SCAR system is selected... will it then come with all the configurations like L,H, DMR and squad automatic weapon config?

I didn't forced him I am also surprised on his so many tweets here. I will also like to know what just happened out of no where he has become so active
haha Hazrat your cheerleading and praises is enough. But anyway the drama must continue!

They should also sell 7.62 X 51 in fact they should military grade version I would love to buy hundreds of them
:partay::partay::partay:

Right now SCAR H but we should opt for entire series
i thought it would be that way by default...like the whole family would be inducted to supplement a squad's fire power in different roles...it would have been more prudent to have DMR, SAW, CQB configs from a same family of guns... would have kept the supply, maintenance issues simple IMHO

SCAR is the best option and its not as expensive when mass produced. If POF starts selling 5.56 Semi ones in the civilian market, they will make their money back.

Army doesn't issue pictures of these trials.
Agreed with. The gun have great potential to be marketed further and therefore bring in revenue as well as ensure sustained production. The fact that we will have a requirment of hundred of thousands of guns help as well. I do not think anyone can argue about the fact that FN SCAR is a great option.

Anyway, my actualy question was about your views on things getting a bit quite. We know that after CZ was selected for 7.62x39mm (and some issues remain to be ironed out before we see actual cobtracts signed and work begin) and offered the x51mm variant things were put on hold for a moment with the higher authorities giving it all a second thought. We cannot disagree that dealing with a single company have its perks( considering that they are have a complete range including those handguns as well makes it even more lucrative). This is what i wanted to have your views on, are there reasons for the slowed down process other than second thoughts. :)
on other side, with SCAR at an advantage in that 7.62x51mm tender (which is massive by the way and far out numbers x39) have the advantage in a proposed x51mm machine gun. So may be they are making PA think again about the decision about CZ. Lot of things happening but it is a bit too complex now.

As for the gun issues, i myself have seen the CZ recomendation letter, a copy of which ended up at POF ( from where i saw)

To conclude my side of the story here, i will again recommend to every member that things are happening but it is best to stop presenting our findings as facts. There are reasons things are not being said with certainity, lets not challenge the sanity of those who have decided to play it this way. PLEASE.
:)

Im hearing a POF is going to get new tooling and if the tender is approved this year, it will begin production next year and it might take a decade to fulfill the tender requirements.
It is getting approval bar any idiocity by the ministry and civil leadership. Have you been able to look at thise new equipment under modernization plan? IMPRESSIVE!! POF will be on par with the absolute best and it cover both quality and quantity. Clearly "exports" are being kept in mind here. :)

Agreed with. The gun have great potential to be marketed further and therefore bring in revenue as well as ensure sustained production. The fact that we will have a requirment of hundred of thousands of guns help as well. I do not think anyone can argue about the fact that FN SCAR is a great option.

Anyway, my actualy question was about your views on things getting a bit quite. We know that after CZ was selected for 7.62x39mm (and some issues remain to be ironed out before we see actual cobtracts signed and work begin) and offered the x51mm variant things were put on hold for a moment with the higher authorities giving it all a second thought. We cannot disagree that dealing with a single company have its perks( considering that they are have a complete range including those handguns as well makes it even more lucrative). This is what i wanted to have your views on, are there reasons for the slowed down process other than second thoughts. :)
on other side, with SCAR at an advantage in that 7.62x51mm tender (which is massive by the way and far out numbers x39) have the advantage in a proposed x51mm machine gun. So may be they are making PA think again about the decision about CZ. Lot of things happening but it is a bit too complex now.

As for the gun issues, i myself have seen the CZ recomendation letter, a copy of which ended up at POF ( from where i saw)

To conclude my side of the story here, i will again recommend to every member that things are happening but it is best to stop presenting our findings as facts. There are reasons things are not being said with certainity, lets not challenge the sanity of those who have decided to play it this way. PLEASE.
:)

It is getting approval bar any idiocity by the ministry and civil leadership. Have you been able to look at thise new equipment under modernization plan? IMPRESSIVE!! POF will be on par with the absolute best and it cover both quality and quantity. Clearly "exports" are being kept in mind here. :)
I will take everything with a pinch of salt and keep supporting CZ as it irritates Hazrat. You saw the recommendation for CZ?

Good news FN SCAR has been selected by P.A . Manuals have been issued to officers. Will take 4 to 5 years to be inducted.

Friend just posted it your thoughts @Horus
Oh is the CNC machines from FN? are you sure about that Hazrat?

It exploded during x39 10000 ammo dump trials, AK-103 also exploded. AK scored better overall except metallurgy and they didn't want to give us the license production. CZ offered license production but failed tests. It scored better on accuracy as opposed to the AK.

You mean to say CZ 807 failed in trials (for 7.62x39mm) and exploded (in case of x51)?

You should just mind your own business.
Your point being that the less said about the Pakistani military not being accountable to the civilian government, the better?

It exploded during x39 10000 ammo dump trials, AK-103 also exploded -
Did other nations experience the same issues when they tested these products? If not, what makes Pakistan's testing different?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom