What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
5.56 would be a monumental, generational mistake. Good thing CZ is multi-caliber, however m-c rifles are a case of "ok for anything but good at nothing". Instead of a rifle competition/tender, the brass should be deciding about the caliber they want for the future. Then go from there. Besides the 7.62 NATO, 7.62x39, and 5.56x45 there are other calibers under research (6.0 or 6.5) that are solutions for the battlefield of tomorrow. Pak generals, as usual, seem to be fighting the last war.

I don't mind the delay. There is no generational break thru with regards to rifle/carbine technology - though there are a few ideas like the caseless 6.5mm. Just upgrade the g3s and get the sf a few modern rifles. Plan should be to get the SF specific examples. For the foreseeable future, the type 56-ii is just fine with a smattering of /aktypes/m4/aug/scar/sigs is a-ok. Money can be better spent on personal protectional, comms, el-ops etc.
If you haven't noticed most countries are changing there Assault Rifles. So we are not the only one but list is massive

if you haven't noticed they're all smaller countries that have the money. Making wholesale changes is easier for them. Plus they're advanced European countries. Most are just getting it for their frontline/sf troops. Not one army the size of Pakistan's is making such a change. US is staying the same. As is China. Russia. India as well. UK ditto - though going for LMT for some of its troops. Germany/France only because their previous guns were massive failures. Turkey won't equip all/most of their troops with the mpt. Even Belgium where SCAR is made won't go for a full conversion. Yours is all wishful thinking.

if you haven't noticed they're all smaller countries that have the money. Making wholesale changes is easier for them. Plus they're advanced European countries. Most are just getting it for their frontline/sf troops. Not one army the size of Pakistan's is making such a change. US is staying the same. As is China. Russia. India as well. UK ditto - though going for LMT for some of its troops. Germany/France only because their previous guns were massive failures. Turkey won't equip all/most of their troops with the mpt. Even Belgium where SCAR is made won't go for a full conversion. Yours is all wishful thinking.
No it's not Pakistan when decides goes for it. And most countries are going for full conversion and relatively not so small countries are also replacing Rifles. It's world wide phenomena

Please keep all ropes out of reach of Z

noose.jpg

Yesssss .:yahoo:

@Path-Finder @django Bern is coming :D

What's the point of carrying more ammo if you need multiple rounds to neutralize one combatant?

I am sorry to say that I am not a fan of 5.56 mm cartridge. If I am on the front-line, I would want that my one bullet should incapacitate the enemy soldier to the extent that after being hit, he cannot shoot back.

Admittedly, I have only hunted dear and never shot at a person in anger. However, in my opinion, the advantage of being able to carry more ammo does not compensate for the fact that the injured enemy is able to shoot back at me.

Good in winter. Not good in summer. MKEK said they addressed Pakistan's issues in the production version of the MPT-76, but are waiting to be called for tests again.
And what about sniper and also Pakistan was testing various HandGuns as far as I know and also Machine Guns any news on them

They may well have them, ISPR may not be releasing the footage.

Quite possible, but it's not some top secret weapon that they need to hide.

Wajahat S Khan's show which showed Zarrar's training etc showed kit that, while pretty cool for Pakistani standards, was still pretty lacking relative to the kit carried by most intl Tier 1 units at the forefront of CT. Yes, Pakistan is not a super rich first-world country --- but I'm sure we can afford the best available gear for our tiny Tier 1 units.

Thoughts, sir?

Quite possible, but it's not some top secret weapon that they need to hide.

Wajahat S Khan's show which showed Zarrar's training etc showed kit that, while pretty cool for Pakistani standards, was still pretty lacking relative to the kit carried by most intl Tier 1 units at the forefront of CT. Yes, Pakistan is not a super rich first-world country --- but I'm sure we can afford the best available gear for our tiny Tier 1 units.

Thoughts, sir?
Perhaps they were in the process of procuring upgrades whilst that Mahaz doc was being filmed, I suspect they are not showing all their cards for one reason or another.Kudos

Back
Top Bottom