What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Nahi myri jan this is what i have been trying to tell you.

The group which was evaluating the guns have passed two guns with a third one as a possible options. (second choice). Two guns were tagged as first choice. That chapter is closed (at least for now).

The decision is now based on the business proposal and it is a second group which is evaluating that. If FN Scar wins it will be because:
  1. It passed the field evaluation and met all parameters
  2. The business deal they offered was the best.
Stating that this is first and this is second is NOT HOW THINGS ARE PLAYED. I understand you do pay attention to what Horus and Rafi say, both are really respectable members and perhaps they can read this and try to explain this to you. @Horus @Rafi

It is, it is mainly between FN and Beretta. Both have passed the trials (along with one other but that had a few issues so it is not among the options being looked upon right now) and it is now all about the business deal. No gun have any advantage over the other based on the specs as that process is over. The department evaluating have passed both and transferred the process to the next department which is going to negotiate the deal. That is what i have been trying to say all along but perhaps it is my mistake

You have explained it very well. I agree totally. a good day to you sir.

Nahi myri jan this is what i have been trying to tell you.

The group which was evaluating the guns have passed two guns with a third one as a possible options. (second choice). Two guns were tagged as first choice. That chapter is closed (at least for now).

The decision is now based on the business proposal and it is a second group which is evaluating that. If FN Scar wins it will be because:
  1. It passed the field evaluation and met all parameters
  2. The business deal they offered was the best.
Stating that this is first and this is second is NOT HOW THINGS ARE PLAYED. I understand you do pay attention to what Horus and Rafi say, both are really respectable members and perhaps they can read this and try to explain this to you. @Horus @Rafi

It is, it is mainly between FN and Beretta. Both have passed the trials (along with one other but that had a few issues so it is not among the options being looked upon right now) and it is now all about the business deal. No gun have any advantage over the other based on the specs as that process is over. The department evaluating have passed both and transferred the process to the next department which is going to negotiate the deal. That is what i have been trying to say all along but perhaps it is my mistake
Sometime I want to shoot you, for knocking on this door still :D
he is not going to understand the process, for some on this thread, its like race either you come first, second or third -----
that is why i dont even respond to what is being tested and trail threads ------ people are too hyped up on this

Is BREN the third one. Secondly no where on earth two things give exact same performance one is always slightly better
they DO NOT HAVE to perform exactly the same. They have to meet the standards and then it is game over. The field evaluation passed and that box checked. The decision authority transferred to second section with no point system transferred indicating that this secured 90 out of 100 and this secured 80 out of 100!! It is not your matriculating exams.
Two choices given, anyone from these two or if some problem in deal go for that third one.

Plus do not worry about the third one because as of last month both the guns recommended as first choice were making excellent deal offers. Not just ToT but MANY other things being covered as well. It wont go to the second choice gun and one of the first choice will be selected. Plus there are $$$ involved as well.

You have explained it very well. I agree totally. a good day to you sir.
Thanks a lot bahi jan!!

@Zarvan
Shaid Ke Utar Jaye Tere Dil Mein Meri Baat

Sometime I want to shoot you, for knocking on this door still :D
he is not going to understand the process, for some on this thread, its like race either you come first, second or third -----
that is why i dont even respond to what is being tested and trail threads ------ people are too hyped up on this
You know what, sometimes, I WANT YOU TO SHOOT ME!! :lol: Really!

Anyway, point taken. :)
(that is AFTER i wrote that last response above :P )

I guess the two passing ones are FN SCAR & Beretta ARX-200. Can you name the third one ??

BTW, Type 56 are also to be replaced. Which rifle will replace those ??
That was as a second choice, only to be considered if non of the two first choices could be negotiated with for a good business deal. That is not the case.
Also there was this option being discussed that if deal could not be struck with one of the two priority guns then we may consider trying to get HK involved as well and then reevaluate tree guns (Bern, HK416 and a Russian option) and choose from that. If that is also not possible then BERN was being considered as a third choice. However personally i do not think we would have gone with that and in case we were not able to finalize the things with the first choice we would have gone for the reevaluation of these and selected from that.

Anyway, not a concern anymore. Both the top vendors are actually quite desperate to finalize things now.

they DO NOT HAVE to perform exactly the same. They have to meet the standards and then it is game over. The field evaluation passed and that box checked. The decision authority transferred to second section with no point system transferred indicating that this secured 90 out of 100 and this secured 80 out of 100!! It is not your matriculating exams.
Two choices given, anyone from these two or if some problem in deal go for that third one.

Plus do not worry about the third one because as of last month both the guns recommended as first choice were making excellent deal offers. Not just ToT but MANY other things being covered as well. It wont go to the second choice gun and one of the first choice will be selected. Plus there are $$$ involved as well.

That was as a second choice, only to be considered if non of the two first choices could be negotiated with for a good business deal. That is not the case.
Also there was this option being discussed that if deal could not be struck with one of the two priority guns then we may consider trying to get HK involved as well and then reevaluate tree guns (Bern, HK416 and a Russian option) and choose from that. If that is also not possible then BERN was being considered as a third choice. However personally i do not think we would have gone with that and in case we were not able to finalize the things with the first choice we would have gone for the reevaluation of these and selected from that.

Anyway, not a concern anymore. Both the top vendors are actually quite desperate to finalize things now.
If both are offering permission to export than I think it will sound expensive but we need to contact KSA and ask them for some help here because in the end Arabs will be biggest importers of these Assault Rifles made by POF. We have cheap labour therefore we can offer these Assault Rifles at much lower rates
images (11).jpg
than European counterparts.

If both are offering permission to export than I think it will sound expensive but we need to contact KSA and ask them for some help here because in the end Arabs will be biggest importers of these Assault Rifles made by POF. We have cheap labour therefore we can offer these Assault Rifles at much lower rates View attachment 351322 than European counterparts.
We will be managing it our self and it will be done in batches so we can afford it.

Thanks a lot bahi jan!!

@Zarvan
Shaid Ke Utar Jaye Tere Dil Mein Meri Baat

i have read alote between the lines.and seriously m very happy cos its what i was hoping for

We will be managing it our self and it will be done in batches so we can afford it.
I was suggesting we should produce both. Armed Forces can induct only SCAR but Berreta can go to Police and both can be launched in civilian market as well exported

They have only 5.56 version. This 7.62 X 39 hasn't even entered full scale production yet
no it is in service with sindh ssu! that picture post it here and you will see it in there!!!

10393765_614621695350312_5647060403618904902_n_censored-jpg.185178

guy second from the right and guy on left their rifle are different! thus both 556 and x39 are in active use!!!

if deal could not be struck with one of the two priority guns then we may consider trying to get HK involved as well and then reevaluate tree guns (Bern, HK416 and a Russian option) and choose from that. If that is also not possible then BERN was being considered as a third choice.

According to many sources, the program was started to replace HK G3 as well as Type 56 (Chinese AK-47). Let's assume one of the two (FN & Beretta) is contracted to replace the G3 (7.62x51). I am asking what will replace 7.62x39 Type 56 rifles. CZ 806 Bren 2, AK-103 and possibly FN SCAR (7.62x39 version) were in the competition as well.

no it is in service with sindh ssu! that picture post it here and you will see it in there!!!

guy second from the right and guy on left their rifle are different! thus both 556 and x39 are in active use!!!
Well you are right. If Berreta is allowing us to export Berreta than we should adopt both. We have cheap labour and with other tactics we can export them at cheap prices than original countries just like we are doing with G3 and MP 5

According to many sources, the program was started to replace HK G3 as well as Type 56 (Chinese AK-47). Let's assume one of the two (FN & Beretta) is contracted to replace the G3 (7.62x51). I am asking what will replace 7.62x39 Type 56 rifles. CZ 806 Bren 2, AK-103 and possibly FN SCAR (7.62x39 version) were in the competition as well.
Not just one Rifle from the series would come. Entire series would come. I mean all the versions of SCAR or Berreta.

The Guys on both corners are brothers and are friend of mine, They both are in SSU.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom