What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
The selection of the new rifle, is one part of the new evolution of the mainstay of the Army a "Rifleman".

Concept includes "realtime" monitoring of operations. New anti-tank and anti personal weapons integrated into section and platoon level.

UGV and UAV use down to company level and below. Because all of this is very cost heavy. Elements will be introduced gradually and when possible made indigenously.

Friendly countries concepts and help are also being used.

Any chance of HJ12 coming to Pakistan???

Are we planning to induct weapons like Carl Gaustav or similar ????

So much stuff in the pipeline, but still in selection and evaluation phase.

Any chance of HJ12 coming to Pakistan???

Is being seriously considered, if selected (good chance) will include domestic production.

Below is a Beretta ARX in 7.62×39.

14963080_10153840376910826_596542_n.jpg

This is the .308 Beretta ARX.
14962873_10153840377005826_405003309_n.jpg

Things got little bit interesting. @Horus Berreta during IDEAS 2016 also showed there 7.62 x 39 version. Now that is really interesting move. @Arsalan @Path-Finder @Rafi

Things got little bit interesting. @Horus Berreta during IDEAS 2016 also showed there 7.62 x 39 version. Now that is really interesting move. @Arsalan @Path-Finder @Rafi
well it has been in service with sindh special police unit! that picture with sindh ssu? they have both 556 and x39 version in service with them! if you can post that pic again its in there!

well it has been in service with sindh special police unit! that picture with sindh ssu? they have both 556 and x39 version in service with them! if you can post that pic again its in there!
They have only 5.56 version. This 7.62 X 39 hasn't even entered full scale production yet

The Italians won't give up without a fight, good for us we get the best deal.

The Italians won't give up without a fight, good for us we get the best deal.
I know but if we both offer permission to export than I think it won't be a bad idea to produce both at POF. We can induct SCAR for Armed Forces and Para Military. Berreta can go to Police as well as we can export it to several countires.

Zastava M77 (7.62×51) was also trialled by PA.

n3Yi51p.jpg

I know but if we both offer permission to export than I think it won't be a bad idea to produce both at POF. We can induct SCAR for Armed Forces and Para Military. Berreta can go to Police as well as we can export it to several countires.

You want a zoo of assault rifles or what ?? POF will never manufacture both FN SCAR and Beretta ARX-200. You can bury these BS wishes somewhere and die.

Last edited:
Yes there are pass and fails but in all those pass not are of same standard some are clearly ahead as compared to others.That is where SCAR was the best in trials. I have checked with different military sources. Same happens in failures yes some are most miserable Rifles but some only disappoint you at few para meters still you consider them fail. Secondly all the senior members like Horus and Rafi and others and the people I asked to contact in military area suggesting that by every passing day it's getting more likely that SCAR would win.
Nahi myri jan this is what i have been trying to tell you.

The group which was evaluating the guns have passed two guns with a third one as a possible options. (second choice). Two guns were tagged as first choice. That chapter is closed (at least for now).

The decision is now based on the business proposal and it is a second group which is evaluating that. If FN Scar wins it will be because:
  1. It passed the field evaluation and met all parameters
  2. The business deal they offered was the best.
Stating that this is first and this is second is NOT HOW THINGS ARE PLAYED. I understand you do pay attention to what Horus and Rafi say, both are really respectable members and perhaps they can read this and try to explain this to you. @Horus @Rafi

It is, it is mainly between FN and Beretta. Both have passed the trials (along with one other but that had a few issues so it is not among the options being looked upon right now) and it is now all about the business deal. No gun have any advantage over the other based on the specs as that process is over. The department evaluating have passed both and transferred the process to the next department which is going to negotiate the deal. That is what i have been trying to say all along but perhaps it is my mistake

Zastava M77 (7.62×51) was also trialed by PA.

n3Yi51p.jpg

You want a zoo of assault rifles or what ?? POF will never manufacture both FN SCAR and Beretta ARX-200. You can bury these BS wishes somewhere and die.
No I want POF to make best Assault Rifles in the world. I want SCAR to go to Armed Forces and Para Military but other Rifles only should be produced at POF if we have permission to export them than we can export them also launch them in civilian markets as well as equip our Police Force

Nahi myri jan this is what i have been trying to tell you.

The group which was evaluating the guns have passed two guns with a third one as a possible options. (second choice). Two guns were tagged as first choice. That chapter is closed (at least for now).

The decision is now based on the business proposal and it is a second group which is evaluating that. If FN Scar wins it will be because:
  1. It passed the field evaluation and met all parameters
  2. The business deal they offered was the best.
Stating that this is first and this is second is NOT HOW THINGS ARE PLAYED. I understand you do pay attention to what Horus and Rafi say, both are really respectable members and perhaps they can read this and try to explain this to you. @Horus @Rafi

It is, it is mainly between FN and Beretta. Both have passed the trials (along with one other but that had a few issues so it is not among the options being looked upon right now) and it is now all about the business deal. No gun have any advantage over the other based on the specs as that process is over. The department evaluating have passed both and transferred the process to the next department which is going to negotiate the deal. That is what i have been trying to say all along but perhaps it is my mistake
Is BREN the third one. Secondly no where on earth two things give exact same performance one is always slightly better

The group which was evaluating the guns have passed two guns with a third one as a possible options. (second choice). Two guns were tagged as first choice.

I guess the two passing ones are FN SCAR & Beretta ARX-200. Can you name the third one ??

BTW, Type 56 are also to be replaced. Which rifle will replace those ??

Back
Top Bottom